By Boomerjinks
sonicblaster59 wrote:Doesn't a decent ecto mod add like $20K to the car's value?
Not in any way.

Unless Dan Aykroyd signs it. Then your car will be worth more money then.
By RickH
I agree with AJ. It makes no difference if you start with a rust bucket or a solid driving car, in the end they're still Miller Meteors. Any holes that you drill can be welded back in if you decide to convert it back to an ambulance.
By Chace
AJ Quick wrote:If those Professional Car owners hate people who convert them does their group regulate the color they allow their members to paint their cars? Do they require, or limit the kinds of badging you can have on the car? Do all the cars have to run Ply tires instead of radials?
In a word, yes. At least as far as the Professional Car Society goes. I myself have never been a member of the PCS though I see them often at shows. I'm in the NHAA (National Hearse and Ambulance Association) and while some NHAA members hate Ectos, by and large most only disapprove of non-59 M+M conversions just for the fact that tons of people do it, or start it, then lose interest and junk the car. The PCS IMO are dicks. Not the original color? Not allowed. Skull license plate? Not allowed. Carrying a casket in a post 60's coach or a modern casket in a pre 60's coach? Not allowed. With the NHAA all you have to do is LIKE coaches to join, and not be a douche.

And while I understand the rarity and condition of the car, the holes left by the rack/bars etc are way more easily fixed then the rust that could come from years of neglect.
By FaNBoY
Simply put, whoever owns the car can do whatever the hell they want with it. It's their money, their car, who the frick cares what others think, as long as its the owner whos happy
By AMC78
Which leaves us wondering what the hell is going on since we offered him the price he wanted. Which is alot more than what it ended at. He could at least say yeah cool or no I changed my mind.
By Boomerjinks
Holy crap. I didn't read the description until now, and I didn't look too closely at the pictures, but they were definitely taken at CVS. AMC, you said you bid on the car but were turned down?
By AMC78
We were negotiating before it hit ebay since we were never given a price per say we were stabbing in the dark to find out what was acceptable. When it ended the first time on ebay we offered a much higher amount than what it ended at. We were then told what price he was looking for and upped our offer to that amount. Now the auction has ended early without a yes please or no Im keeping it or no someone else bought it etc. No way to do business.
By AJ Quick
Boomerjinks wrote:Holy crap. I didn't read the description until now, and I didn't look too closely at the pictures, but they were definitely taken at CVS. AMC, you said you bid on the car but were turned down?
Correct.

This is the car I was telling you about that the guy said he sold.
By gbcaribbean
I contacted him too and something is fishy. He said that he was looking forward for the best offer. No exact price was given so my guess is that he was expecting more than 30k. If you check the guy's profile he has rarely sold anything and all of a sudden he has this wonderful one of a kind movie star 59 cadillac ambulance that he want sold, paid and picked up in less than a week. A button for Netloan is provided by ebay which I tried and totally qualified in case I won. However the guy turned it down and said that he only accepted cash. IN HAND!

Maybe I'm being paranoid but...isn't 45,000 miles too low for a car that's 50 years old?
By RickH
These cars usually don't have that many miles on them, it was probably only in service as an amulance/hearse for 2 or 3 years and has either been in storage or on display since then.

My old 59 Superior only had 28,000 Miles on it as well when I sold it.

AMC78 and I have been in contact with the seller as well, he informed me this morning that he's found a buyer that's why it's been taken off Ebay. The car has actually been on the market since August on the Ecto-1 and PCS forum. I've got no doubt the car exists and is legimate because I have contacts in the Cadillac LaSalle Club and the PCS who have seen the car.
By gbcaribbean
RickH wrote:These cars usually don't have that many miles on them, it was probably only in service as an amulance/hearse for 2 or 3 years and has either been in storage or on display since then.

My old 59 Superior only had 28,000 Miles on it as well when I sold it.

AMC78 and I have been in contact with the seller as well, he informed me this morning that he's found a buyer that's why it's been taken off Ebay. The car has actually been on the market since August on the Ecto-1 and PCS forum. I've got no doubt the car exists and is legimate because I have contacts in the Cadillac LaSalle Club and the PCS who have seen the car.

Yeah, that explains the mileage. I saw a 68 cadillac a month ago and only had 60,000 miles.
Well, if the car's legitimate it must've been sold quite pricey.
By 69428scj
I was the one that originally tried to help him out by posting that stuff on the PCS forum. My 59 MM has 33,000 original miles on the odometer so that's not rare at all.
By Boomerjinks
Looks like one was an aborted conversion/restoration. Too bad.

Dear mods: Please merge this thread with this one: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =13&t=3968 I'd do it myself but, you know.

Also, Dear mods and AJ, how many threads do we have titled "59 MM on Ebay" that could be merged into one "Professional Cars For Sale - Potential Ecto Conversions" thread that could be stickied at the top of this forum for easy use and reference?

Answer: A lot.

LET ME HELP.
By Ron Daniels
Boomerjinks wrote:Looks like one was an aborted conversion/restoration. Too bad.

Dear mods: Please merge this thread with this one: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =13&t=3968 I'd do it myself but, you know.

Also, Dear mods and AJ, how many threads do we have titled "59 MM on Ebay" that could be merged into one "Professional Cars For Sale - Potential Ecto Conversions" thread that could be stickied at the top of this forum for easy use and reference?

Answer: A lot.

LET ME HELP.
If you want to PM me the rest of the 59's on ebay threads that need to be merged in, please do so. I got one of them and couldn't find the others.
By Boomerjinks
Rename it "Professional Cars for Sale - Potential Ecto Conversions," please.

And I would find the rest and PM you, but it would be best to delete them because usually they had no content and the ebay links expired after a certain amount of time.
By GhostbustersNJ
Boomerjinks wrote:Looks like one was an aborted conversion/restoration. Too bad.

Dear mods: Please merge this thread with this one: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =13&t=3968
I've seen this one in person. It resides in a junkyard where the Scullville NJ fire department has their annual haunted hayride. A few years back they threw a lightbar and some junk on the roof, added noghost logos to it, and did a ghostbusters skit for ther hayride. Didn't see the scare in person, but heard it had some rave reviews.

Sadly though, the salty ocean air in NJ drastically accelerates corrosion. At times I think it would be easier to build a car from the ground up than to try and restore something in that shape.
By DinkyInky
GhostbustersNJ wrote:I've seen this one in person. It resides in a junkyard where the Scullville NJ fire department has their annual haunted hayride. A few years back they threw a lightbar and some junk on the roof, added noghost logos to it, and did a ghostbusters skit for ther hayride. Didn't see the scare in person, but heard it had some rave reviews.

Sadly though, the salty ocean air in NJ drastically accelerates corrosion. At times I think it would be easier to build a car from the ground up than to try and restore something in that shape.
I wish I had my old garage set-up back...and a good job. I'd take that in a heartbeat. I used to tinker with bodywork and stuff when I was younger...fix her up and paint her, then let you folks play with it...like a community project. Whining and wishing behind spoiler so those that don't wish to see it don't have to...I love ya guys here too much to subject you to it.
This Post Contains Spoilers
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

1973 Cadillac Eldorado Hearse (already converted - sort of) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Wish I had the money to buy this '66 Cadillac Fleetwood http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=
I'm thinking about an ecto conversion for my wagon. What do you guys think..
This is the car..

And this is how it kinda looks right now.

I'll just sand the orange out and make it white. maybe use the orange in the back instead of the red since its not really a Cadillac or ambulance...
By Interceptor9C1
spotted this earlier
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/1735862872.html

looks to be about a 65. no title but i know some states dont need one for being that old, or he could write a bill of sale and could apply for a title in NJ. Id jump on this if i already didnt have my 69 deville project (non ecto, just a 60's stlye cruiser)

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]