By Heroic35
Just bought a 2010 Edge and am thinking of doing a temporary kit to convert the car when needed or wanted. I appreciate the input by Chace about his cars and while I want to do that as you never know when your time is up, if I had permanent GB logos on the car in terms of vinyl, my time would be up with my wife. So in the mean time, I am thinking of the nasty looking magnets for the doors and hood. The "We Believe You" decal and things would be fun but they'd have to be custom magnets. : /

I am thinking of this as in terms of mock up and would like to use the red vinyl for faux fenders which might actually help it stick out a bit and I am okay with that.

The roof is also full glass as Ford did this panoramic vista roof so any type of mount is out of the question. Anyone run into this issue or have any advice on maybe an idea to replace the roof rack?

By Boomerjinks
Why do people square off the front of the white stripe? Indecisiveness? Laziness? Do they think it looks good? Is it just a detail they didn't put much thought into? I get that it's a magnet, but why not taper it or make it fit the lines of the car?

You could do a red accent stripe in vinyl that's on the car all the time and have it look waaay better, keeping the more stand-out logos and such at magnets.

As for the glass roof, a lot of people have used temporary racks like Jay mentioned. If your rack is light enough, it's not a problem. I know a lot of folk (myself included) were naysayers on the idea but I know there's been at least two cars out there with this solution. The only downside might be that the temporary racks are quite high off of the roofline of the car, leaving either an undesirable empty space or making your roof rack WAY too tall, throwing off the proportions of the whole thing.

Photoshop everything in advance, plan it out, keep things proportioned nicely and you'll do alright.
Ecto-1 fan, Heroic35 liked this
By Heroic35
That mock up was done by me at quick glance. I would prefer to keep the random stuff as magnets as suggested but do the vinyl stripe as more permanent.

Lost on the squared off white stripe comment..? Did you mean red?
By Heroic35
Ah okay! Thought so!

I reviewed some ECTO-1 shots today and saw that the red goes up until the side mirror. Looking into this and contemplating the keypad. I do like it better to the mirror for sure!

Any idea on what the roof racks are called?
By Heroic35
I squared mine off because it would be a wrap around the door panel in that photo.

Thanks! I will look into that. Still not totally sold that I want to do this as I need to find some high quality door magnets. I am 95% sure that this would be epic and amazing but this is day one of thought on the project. :)
By Heroic35
Been to two vinyl shops but neither can get me a quote/time of day for this. Getting angry. Want a mere stripe plus the no ghost logo in vinyl. Shouldn't be this hard.

Looking into light bars and what not as project gathers steam. Debated a long time on this being a daily driver but boomer gives me hope and am committed to giving it a shot.
ieatmousetraps liked this
By Boomerjinks
Keep visiting vinyl shops. Sign and vinyl stores are some of the most abundant businesses there are, if you can't find a shop that is enthusiastic about your personal-use project, you're not looking.
By Heroic35
That's what I thought at first as well but my last guy raised an eyebrow and said, "why are you doing this?" I've moved on from him now. Have another shop to look into.
By DefenderDarko
Most towns have the good vinyl shop and the bad vinyl shop. My bad shop is owned by a raging tea party guy who smelled my liberal blood the moment I walked through the door. The other shop is cool and likes making stuff for my Jeep.
By zeta otaku
I like it, but the stripe sort of end abruptly at the front there. Maybe have it taper from the back so it thins to a point at the end of the front door before you hit the fender or maybe make the stripe itself thinner the whole length?
By Heroic35
zeta otaku wrote:I like it, but the stripe sort of end abruptly at the front there. Maybe have it taper from the back so it thins to a point at the end of the front door before you hit the fender or maybe make the stripe itself thinner the whole length?

I agree with the tapering. It's the one change I suggested to taper under the mirrors.
By pyhasanon
Out of curiosity, how much does a simple vinyl job like this cost? How much did they quote you?
By Heroic35
pyhasanon wrote:Out of curiosity, how much does a simple vinyl job like this cost? How much did they quote you?
It's a bit high from my understanding but they are willing to do it and for a year long search to end, I'll take it. I think my quote was around $300 with install. $100 of it is labor.
By Hammer
I'm liking this. I think it was a bit pricey but after a year long search, beggars can't be choosers....Yay for you!
Heroic35 liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]