Cap, I do want a set of your recent Ecto parts, especially if you're including those door panel parts.

Your next challenge should be to separate the front door frames so they open with the doors.
TexasBuster wrote:Your next challenge should be to separate the front door frames so they open with the doors.
Thanks for the extra work. :lol: While tempting, it would involve a whole lotta body work to the WrEcto and my idea is to keep the parts as much "plug 'n play" as possible. That's why I haven't cleared off the Roof and started from scratch. Speaking of the Roof, here's the start to that "Trashcan" you mentioned a few posts back.

The plumbing aisle at Home Depot had just the thing. I made the cut away section for the other Components.

Let's stick some stuff on the Roof Rack to see how it will look.

Here's where the "Can" will sit.

It's taking up the space where I've put the Sniffer on my other WrEctos, so I'll have to make a new Sniffer Base for it.

I'll get back to the Rear Door in my next post, really. :wink:
October has been a pretty busy month. Went to NY Comic Con, searched for 12" GB II Figures and then there was the whole Halloween thing. Time to get back to the Ecto-1B.

I left the Rear Door like this.

With it's new Vac-U-Formed Window, it now looks like this.

The Window follows the curve of the Door Frame nice enough, but it took 3 tries to get a non-wrinkled pull from the plastic.

I was also hoping there would be a nice sharp flange around the pull so it would be self sealing when put it in the frame. As it stands, I had to do quite a bit of sanding to get it to fit in.

I'll tinker with the Buck to see if I can do better. Then I'll work on tinting it Blue. :wink:
back liked this
Thanks, Tex!

Not much to show for this round. Spent my time removing the crappy white paint on the Door and patched over the No Ghost Hole with White Squadron Model Putty. The Buck that I made for the "Glass" is sitting on the right.

Hard to see in this pic, but I started to score lines to remove the 2 bottom "tabs" that had the Door Pins on them. I plan on making a real hinge so the Door opens to the side as it should. That should be my next post. :roll:
It really is like the prototype from the old Kenner commercial. I really need some of these new parts to further upgrade my Ecto-1 toy. I've tinkered with trying to separate the door frames so the doors open properly, but this old plastic is kinda hard to work with. It tends to want to crumble under pressure.
Hey Tex!

I won't be making any molds untill I get all the parts made up, figure in the spring, then I can hook you up with a full set.

Had some nice weather over the weekend, so I did some quick body work, filled in the front door holes and sprayed the WrEcto with primer. Cast up some Interior Panels for the front doors which now have to be trimmed down to fit.

I picked out the best "Glass Set" I had from the pile and gave it a dip in some Future. Mmmmmm, nice and shiney.

Gave the Chassie a shot of Flat Black and dry brushed the details with Silver.

Haven't figured out what I will do with the Chrome this time, so for now it's just sprayed Silver.

Hey Tex!

Nice stuff but pricey. I think I might try Bare Metal Foil on this one. Should be fun to wrap the Bumpers in. :roll:

A small update, did all the filing and sanding to get the front door interiors to fit.

I think they look pretty good when installed...

...and they fill out the sides very nice.

Just for funsies, I thought I would line up all the Wrectos from the "Bone Yard", current one I'm working on included. There are at least 4 that are complete...just some more than others.:lol:

toycollector wrote:what type of plastic bottle cap did you use for the red piece
Hey TC!

I'm not sure what you mean. The only Red Parts on my WrEcto's are the Sniffer or the Fins. the Sniffer was made from Styrene Tubes and Square Rod while the Fins are whatever plastic Kenner used to make them.

Most bottle caps are made from polyethylene terephthalate, which is a thermoplastic polymer resin that is a part of the polyester family. I didn't use any of that.

Hope that answers your question.
looks very cool, not sure if you do any custom ecto parts like the firehouse, but if you do let me know. the red piece i am refering too is the piece that is on the top of the roof of Ecto 1 from GB 1, just wondering how you fit it it on there or whats it made out of

i picked up some styrene and my local hobby store last night to make a roof rack, thanks for the tip
Hey McB!

I will soon. I need 3 things to line up before I can get back to casting.

1- Constant temps above 50 degrees.
2 - No rain or high humidity.
3 - A good block of free time.

Once this happens, I'll have parts to sell.
CaptCyan wrote:Hey McB!

I will soon. I need 3 things to line up before I can get back to casting.

1- Constant temps above 50 degrees.
2 - No rain or high humidity.
3 - A good block of free time.

Once this happens, I'll have parts to sell.
Thanks Capt!! Let me know!!
Huh, more than half a year between posts...stupid job.

Necro Post Arise!

Anyway, this little tid-bit could go in a few other of my posts but I'll leave it here. I found this at a Model Train Show along with Kits for lighting up Diecast Cars and other things.

The Siren is fairly loud for it's size. As you can see, the Kit comes with everything but the Battery...good thing I had one.

It should sound even better once the speaker is in an enclosure.

The website for this and all manner of tiny LEDs is:

http://www.lights4models.com
alphabeta001, back liked this

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]