By RealGhost82
wow, looks like its coming along nicely. I'd love to see it in real life. Keep up the great work!!
By CPU64
I'm so jealous..
I bought a 68 Impala wagon about 9 years ago and I'm still probably only 20% done with it..
Not having the money really sucks ^_^

Oh wow, no wonder the suspension on that vehicle is so soft, the lower arms are almost touching!
also, if you were near me, I'd love to offer my upholstery skills to help with the interior work :Þ
By zacharybroyles
Nice man, feel lucky to have as little rust as you do! We've about got the rear end finished on mine. Our body man has been a real slacker lately and it's slowing down everything because we have to modify some parts underneath the back door and don't want to take it off our lift until its done.. We've got to work on the rear end because we put the rear end out of 70s caddy to work better with the larger 500 caddy engine we're dropping in this bad boy, we have to modify the drive shaft as well :/

I can't wait to see how it runs with that larger engine, the frame and front end is modified and ready for the 500.

Ahh restoration. At least we've been cleaning off the under carriage ready to fiberglass up all the tiny rust holes in the floor. Oh... and patch the larger holes as well.

We've also got a new rear middle bumper piece sent off to the chrome shop, mine had been hit at some point and we didnt notice until now. We have to send off the rear bumper extension pieces to be chromed soon too.
By zacharybroyles
I asked my dad the same thing, we're doing this ourselves mind you, and he said it didn't need it. But the undercarriage is not in that bad of shape, just in the front the floor board was rough/gone. The coating they used really protected against rust for the most part. And the frame is in great shape. It would be easier but hey, i trust his judgment.

I have faith in him, my dad has restored and had had restored of bunch of old cars, mostly 60s Chevys. My first car was a 68 impala that he got me when I was 16 and it was UGLY and he and his shop workers made it into this.
By 69428scj
I can see why your dad would say that. My dad and I are the only ones that have worked on the 6+ other projects we've done, all of them being frame offs. The best argument for it would be, "it's better to go all the way just in case somehwere down the line the frame weakens due to unseen rust". It's all good though...
By gamera1968
wow, amzing finds :)

Looks like you have you have your work cut out for you

Good luck on the complete Ecto project!!
By CPU64
Wow Zach, I'm jealous.
The Impala (1968) is my all time favorite Chevy model. Especially the fast back, and the wagon (which I have)
By Egon Spengler Jr
If you want my two cents, think about restoring one of the Crown Royales to its original hearse look; they're becoming rarer and rarer, and you might be able to sell it for quite a pretty sum to fund your Ecto conversion(s)
By 69428scj
I actually think I'm going to sell one of my Crown's. I've recently realized that I just don't have the time to take on as many projects as I have. SO, consider this my official notice that I am selling the one on the right of the picture for $4500 obo.
By 69428scj
Hey guys, no real updates other than another picture. I won't be doing any work to the Miller for some time since I'm trying to prioritize my projects. Right now it's in the queue behind my 1 of 1 1969 Mercury Cougar Eliminator. If anyone's interested in reading about that they can go to www.my69cougareliminator.com (that's where my username comes from). Anyway...here's another pic, don't worry about the doghouse. It's just surface rust.

By Some_Guy
IT'S FRANKEN-CADDY!

Hope to see some more updates on this.

...Also you might wanna check your site out...FireFox just told me it was a reported attack site. Maybe some...questionable ads?
By 69428scj
hhmmm, so after a review of the files, I found some suspicious stuff. I corrected it and requested another review. I'm really sorry about that guys! On a side note though, what's a good hosting site that I could move it to? I'm not too fond of the ads on godaddy.
By Sol Prime
zacharybroyles wrote:I asked my dad the same thing, we're doing this ourselves mind you, and he said it didn't need it. But the undercarriage is not in that bad of shape, just in the front the floor board was rough/gone. The coating they used really protected against rust for the most part. And the frame is in great shape. It would be easier but hey, i trust his judgment.

I have faith in him, my dad has restored and had had restored of bunch of old cars, mostly 60s Chevys. My first car was a 68 impala that he got me when I was 16 and it was UGLY and he and his shop workers made it into this.
Wow, thats pretty funny. My first car was a 68' Impala too! I bought it for $400 from my High School auto mechanics shop. The teacher was my neighbor across the street where I lived, so I knew him pretty good and he hooked me up. The car had been given to the school for us to work on, and over the year I worked on it and restored it. It was Camo Green (Don't ask why, I don't know... ) had 23,000 original miles on it (In 1990) and ran like a champ. It was a freaking Air-Craft Carrier, it was so large. I used to joke you could land a Harrier on the hood. I miss that car.

It was stolen off a parking lot and chopped up for parts before it could be recovered. Last I heard the engine went into a tow truck. *Sigh* - I wish I still had that car. I had custom plates that read IRONCAR. Heheh.

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]