By farley82
Powlowski and myself are currently working on a '97 Taurus that he purchased as our franchise car. They do have very good body lines. The new Taurus's have awesome body lines and would look really cool.
By ChevyEcto1
If your going to use a caprice wagon I would recommend it being a 91-96 model. There are more aftermarket body parts for those. But there is something to say about having big shiny chrome bumpers of the 80's up to the 90 model year. Also, avoid one with the roof glass unless you have a spare. I was told if I crack my roof glass some how, it not fun to repair to attempt.
Here is the return from this mornings sample.

Vinyl fins? I... I like it.

Though the tail lights of the Lumina are so iconic "I feel" they should have found another way to incorporate them, there are certainly worse ways you can put "fins" on your Ecto!

Cardiff strikes again!

More Florida busters.

Even MORE Florida busters.

Another for the Volvo pile.

And finally, my favorite...
Okay, it doesn't really count for this thread, but I LOVE that thing.
By Martog
Look, another Outback, Boomer, what have you started?!

Well you've only been working on it for... how many months? Yeesh.

That looks REALLY slick! I wish the Magnum had black trim...

Also, the "We Believe You" could stand to be quite a bit bigger. But overall that looks really snazzy!
By Martog
Unfortunately funds are a bit strict on me right now, going to see what I can do about the roof rack...

I still have to play with the pinstriping I have, plus I didn't get time to put on the hazard tape before going off to a car show to see a Batmobile reproduction.
Sup Ectos. It's been a while.

Martog didn't want to post the pictures of his in-progress 2010 Outback, but that's only because he probably doesn't know how awesome it is, even while incomplete. (spoiler) It's f****g awesome (spoiler)

This was on Twitter, the comment talked about how "it's parked by my house all the time," which is funny because the picture was taken in Burbank.

This is kind of.... well, what do you think?

Hullo Subaru.

This picture was taken from a Chacecar, er, chase car.

More lolvos.

Sup MC!
He likes candy.

Oh hey Long Island.
What the... no. No man. No. f*** YOU, Long Island. You put your hand down. I said stop. f****g. Okay, not cool.

Kan-SASS.

Is this one of the Houston art cars? Looks like it.

Another Euro LeMons car?

I would absolutely DIE to drive my Ecto over that bridge. It's in France, ya know.
By BSjohnson
Boomerjinks wrote:Is this one of the Houston art cars? Looks like it.
Yes it is. The owner of this car is NOT affiliated with the Houston Area Ghostbusters. That being said, let me make a half-assed effort to defend him a little.

He's not a die hard fan like we are and legend has it he only did a temporary conversion for the parade. With a little more research and a whole lot more effort, that car would make a great ectomobile.
Boomerjinks wrote: Oh hey Long Island.
What the... no. No man. No. f*** YOU, Long Island. You put your hand down. I said stop. f****g. Okay, not cool.
Lmao, for the record we weren't flipping off random people, this was taken by our other car, they were driving goofy and we were messing around with our friends.
BSjohnson wrote: That being said, let me make a half-assed effort to defend him a little.
I already think it is a great ectomobile. I went into this (very briefly) in the OP, but in my mind there exist many sub-categories of Ecto-builds.

There's the die-hard people that spend eight years piecing together classic cars with the correct interior and all the accurate roof parts. There's those who do what they can to make a legitimate replica with modern cars. There's those who make simple "costumes" for their cars for very simple things like 80s nights, parades, and Halloween parties. And then there's the people who aren't really Ghostbusters fans, but pick it as a theme for a casket race or kinetic rally of LeMons event.

There is nothing inherently bad about any one category, at all. In fact, I truly do appreciate the Ectos that are so "bad" that they go completely around the dial and become awesome. What makes or breaks these cars is the devotion and conveyance of the original image of the Ectomobile. Generally any old car with door logos, lights, and shit on the roof will make the average person thing "ghostbusters." Hell, you wouldn't believe how many pictures of normal hearses I find online that are tagged "GHOSTBUSTERS CAR," it gets really f****g annoying after a while but it's understandable. Anyway, making the car look like a ghostbusters car is one thing, but there is a level of style/aesthetic/quality that, when achieved, thrusts the car to the forefront and really makes people go nuts. To me, that old station wagon and it's cardboard is a far more successful replica than all the shriner ectos combined.
Ectoman_913 wrote: Lmao, for the record we weren't flipping off random people, this was taken by our other car, they were driving goofy and we were messing around with our friends.
Oh I knew that, it was just funnier to suggest otherwise ;)
By BSjohnson
Oh, right. Carry on then. :)
By Teamhair
I love the SmartCar! My car is also a smaller car but I (and many other people) think that it carries the Ecto look off very well. Even my little Tiburon when it is out on the road in its "costume" gets recognized as Ghostbusters. People scream "Ghostbusters" and "Who ya gonna call?" at us as we drive by. They break out their cameras and phones to take pictures of the car. I think in the end it comes down to - how does the car make you feel? Are you excited when you see it because of your love and fond memories of the movies? Do you get giddy at the sight of someone who is obviously a fan of such awesomeness? Does it make you proud to say that you are associated with people that can create like this? Thats how I look at it. People take what they have access to and make the best of it. A true honest attempt is all that I look for. Lights, an attempt at a roof rack, and logos on the sides/doors. Accuracy be damned for all else, its the spirit to me that counts.
BTW I have seen 2 other cars in the Western NC area. Anyone know who they might be?
Creativeguy liked this
By Boomerjinks
Ohio finally offers up some Epic Win.

I believe these guys are from Monterey?

Rape-fleet gets a new member.

One of several twitpics I've found over the last week of the LI guys. Can any of the LI guys tell me if the "V" in the name of this a letter, or a roman numeral? I'd ask in the actual Ecto-V thread, but I'm laaaaazy.

Either this isn't a terribly good Ecto, or the lights and roofrack collapsed and folded into the trunk along with the rest of the roof... which would make this the BEST Ecto.

Hey there, sexy thing. Are you turning right on Evans and merging onto southbound I-25 to get to the University Hills library as quick as possible so you can pick up a copy of Sled Driver? YES YOU ARE, YES YOU ARE.
By Gareee

I see this, and all I can think of is:

"Warrrrriorrrssssss come out to PllaaAAAAAEEEeeyyyyy!"
By Fifthrider
BSjohnson wrote: To me, that old station wagon and it's cardboard is a far more successful replica than all the shriner ectos combined.
Agreed. It had heart and looks like the guy at least LOOKED at a few pics of the Ecto before making it. For what is probably a week's worth of effort, it f'in rocks.

Ectoman_913 wrote: Lmao, for the record we weren't flipping off random people, this was taken by our other car, they were driving goofy and we were messing around with our friends.
Wait until my surly ass hits the road to do more events. I can pretty much guarantee EVERY pic taken of our car (while in motion) will involve me showing that same finger or maybe other parts of my anatomy as time goes on. F'in retards, driving into your goddamned blind spot just for a pic. I got a pic for you all, and Jersey is my inspiration.

Boomerjinks wrote:Either this isn't a terribly good Ecto, or the lights and roofrack collapsed and folded into the trunk along with the rest of the roof... which would make this the BEST Ecto.
Ha! See? Reinforce that roof!!!

Oh, that poor driver. Crushed like a grape.

But not this grape. This is the grape that grapes you. ...and bad vans from Ohio.

By EctoGlow
Boomerjinks wrote:Most inexpensive is vinyl graphics, though they are usually one-use things. Magnets are significantly more expensive, and fears of them flying off at high speeds have been proven wrong by people who have successfully used them.

Both are incredibly low-impact means of signage.

I went with magnets and then stickers later but the set of both didnt cost me over 60.00 both times so it just depends on where you get them made at.
By Boomerjinks
There have been at least four instances this summer of someone posting about their magnet signs getting stolen, so keep that in mind. I didn't think it would ever be a problem.....
By Gareee
We always put our magnet signs in our car when its parked somewhere for just that reason.
By Fifthrider
Even if Boomer hadn't mentioned about magnet signs getting stolen, I would have assumed they would be. Kudos to Gareee for seeing this one coming a mile away. Like Ian Malcolm once said , "Sure, it all starts with ooohs, and people wanting a picture with your car but then it ends with stealing and running."

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]