By Austin
Boomerjinks wrote: Another car we've never seen here on the forums... looks like Oklahoma?
That was our Ecto we did up for a couple of parades back in 2007.

Here it is with the roof rack:

Did it in a couple of days. The roof rack has since been dismantled and tossed. The Explorer belongs to a friend, and as far as I know, she's still got all the decals on it.
By Dan Shannon
Austin wrote:Image
Someone's missing the bumper on their pack.

Sorry, I couldn't help it!
By Sol Prime
Has anyone done a conversion on one of these?

I think an HHR might look pretty spiffy.

(appologies if it has been mentioned already, I didn't see anything about it prior to my post)

-Sol
By Sol Prime
Sol Prime wrote:Has anyone done a conversion on one of these?

(appologies if it has been mentioned already, I didn't see anything about it prior to my post)

-Sol
edit - I'm a doofus, I see the other post now - please disregard my epic fail :)

Thats what I get for asking before searching better.. - Found one on the Interwebz too:

http://www.geeksix.com/2009/08/custom-g ... rs-ecto-1/

I was right.. Looks pretty spiffy.

-Sol
By GB2032DKM
Sol Prime wrote:
Sol Prime wrote:Has anyone done a conversion on one of these?

-Sol
edit - I'm a doofus, I see the other post now - please disregard my epic fail :)

Thats what I get for asking before searching better.. - Found one on the Interwebz too:

http://www.geeksix.com/2009/08/custom-g ... rs-ecto-1/

I was right.. Looks pretty spiffy.

-Sol
I know the owner, he's in charge of the GBs of Salt Lake City.
By Boomerjinks
So what if it's made of rubbermaid containers? It's got lights, it has sound, everything you need for a run-and-gun conversion for Halloween!

By jackdoud
This was made in 2004 by a group on my college campus for that years homecomming parade. They just tossed whatever crap they could on top an hour before the parade. It was cool seeing the car parked around campus for the rest of the year though.

By Boomerjinks
More cars spotted in the wild...

Utah, representin'

Looks like a similar parade throw-together.

Ecto-4 at a convention.

Where are the logos, boys?

NOW THAT'S WHAT AHM TALKING ABOUT.

Aurora.
By Boomerjinks
From Spooky Empire this weekend....

Proportionate lightbar - check!
Well-positioned door logos - check!
Rack with enough attention to detail to feature a tie-down on the binocs - CHECK!

Now we're talkin'!

Whose is this and why haven't they posted a build thread??

Also, what color is that LED minibar? Let's place some bets!
By EctoTrk
Boomerjinks wrote:From Spooky Empire this weekend....

Proportionate lightbar - check!
Well-positioned door logos - check!
Rack with enough attention to detail to feature a tie-down on the binocs - CHECK!

Now we're talkin'!

Whose is this and why haven't they posted a build thread??

Also, what color is that LED minibar? Let's place some bets!
This belongs to crusaderx! a good buddy of mine. I dont know why he didn;t post a thread about this. And i thought the tie downs on the "bionics" was awesome!
By EctoTrk
Boomerjinks wrote:Any idea how the thing is attached to the car? I see no luggage rack.....

Also, I'M STILL MAD AT YOU.
attached by magnets. also, IM SORRY!!! ill make it up to you someway
By crusader_x
EctoTrk wrote:
Boomerjinks wrote:Any idea how the thing is attached to the car? I see no luggage rack.....

Also, I'M STILL MAD AT YOU.
attached by magnets. also, IM SORRY!!! ill make it up to you someway
It was a long weekend for our group, running the GBfans table at Spooky Empire and making a quick trip back to the Tampa Bay area for the Light the Night walk on Saturday, so forgive me for not posting anything on the new Ecto yet. It got very dirty going up and down I-4 so I am planning to take it and get it washed on Wednesday and then take some "official" photos. So I'll be creating a new thread here for the ECTO-1X very shortly...
To answer a few questions, the LED lightbar is amber and the roof rack is held on by a ratcheting luggage strap. The blue/black hoses on the driver's side are held on with 2 65-pound magnets.
By CPU64
Since I never finished the sunburst paint job on my 68, I've decided to strip it and spray it white, its original color.
Then add it to this topic in about 15 years from now.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]