By Boomerjinks
The Minnesota guys right before driving out onto the field at a Golden Gophers game on Halloween in front of, oh I dunno, probably 120,000 screaming people.
In case this awesomeness is news to you, get your ass over to youtube!

The inevitable H2 ecto

Volvo fleet, plus 1!

Hopefully the person that took this pic didn't use an AED on themselves later..

The famous mexico beetle ecto, still around and kickin'!

Las Vegas got an ecto, and it probably cost more than $40,000

I dunno about you, but when I look at this picture, the word that comes to mind is
sporty!
By Chace
Boomerjinks wrote: Awwwwesome....
See?!?! that, THAT is why you need a logo on the hood! lol

Just as an update, finally did a roof rack....inaccurate as hell but it gets the job done. Since the car is basically a lowrider, I went with a lower profile rack, I'll be changing it around soon and adding some more accurate stuff...sniffer, radome, etc.and eventualy some lights for the rear hatch. The next thing will be new logos and side stripes in reflective vinyl!

No factory roof racks or temporary mounts here...resell value be Damned! The gb rack is held on by Weiland lightbar mounts...so far that makes 13 holes I've put in the roof LOL

At a Halloween Car Show...where we (of course) won best of show.
By Boomerjinks
Oh just make a kick-ass update-able build thread, would ya? We all want to see what you're doing, and putting it all in one place is the best way to do it!

Go go go.
By Gareee
I suppose I should add ours as well to the archive...

By GB2032DKM
I guess I should add my latest project.

And this week I am building the stuff to go on top.

More pics will be in my original thread.

Have fun.
By GB2032DKM
Boomerjinks wrote:Oye. Robert, keep your dirty works-in-progress out of the archive! This isn't a build thread, your time will come.

Oops, sorry.

How do I delete my post then?
By Boomerjinks
I'll echo that sentiment. You really pulled a hat trick with that old Ford; two lightbars, a crisply-constructed rack, lots of flashy blinkies, great job.
By Darthdono74
Heres is a pic of our HHR from Cali.
Didnt have the time to deck the rook rack out completely but it turned many heads as we drove around town and was a real hit anywhere we stopped to check out the local haunts!
Hoping to really get into details for next year!

Hope you all enjoy
D
By Ronnyboy
groschopf wrote:
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote:
I'm surprised you didn't photograph this with the Kemper Center as the backdrop...
Or the lake for that matter. Does she make sound too?
By Gareee
Hmmm....... are there any cars left that haven't been converted over?

Its like an Ecto-Asplosion!

We'll have to convert ours back to normal so it's unique again.. ;)
By Boomerjinks
Looks like someone has already chalked up the Mini coversion.
This picture makes me so glad the Magnum is actually white instead of cream...

Another Taurus conversion. Or is that an early Sable?

Salt Lake GBs in da house

This thing, probably a Halloween conversion.

Profile says this was taken outside of Barstow, and seeing as how the car is pre-window tinting and pre-A6 tank, this was taken on our trip to Comic Con in July.

Rape rape rape.

By Boomerjinks
Hello Minnesota!

Even more Ecto-hooning awesomeness.

DAT ASS.

I really don't like suburbans that have been turned into Ectos, how do you guys feel about them? Aside from the fanboyish "it makes sense for real ghostbusters" argument. What do you think about the aesthetics? Could it be because we haven't seen many suburbans or large SUVs converted cleanly?

I will make exceptions for Ectos that are also demolition derby cars

Also, how come none of this
Boomerjinks wrote:I would love to see this blossom into a conversation about what makes ecto conversions work. What makes them appealing even though they are a long way from the original ECTO-1. Car model, car color, decal placement, rooftop hardware, lighting setup, I want it all to be considered!
has been going on in this thread?

Eh? What's the deal? There are TONS of cars that have been posted, which ones are your favorites? Which ones would you change? Crikey, get those opinions and feelings out there!
By BSjohnson
I saw a Volvo 240 wagon on my way to work this morning and thought "That'd make a good Ecto. And skimming through this thread, I can see that I was correct. :D
By EctoTrk
I agree with boomer. What makes an ecto "good" or "bad" or BADASS!!!?
By EctoTrk
Personally, i think if your making your own custom ectomobile, it should look like its going to serve a purpose. Most, if not all of the equipment, should look legit and unfamiliar to the puplic. And... a RIDICULUS amount of lights/ leds and flashing do-dads to turn night into day!

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]