Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
I'm also very ashamed my country made the worldwide news tonight because some people are absolutely idiots and are trying their best to provoke our police department, burn a test centre and throw rocks at the windows of a hospital.

That's not the way to end a lockdown, you absolute bell ends. I hope we will get back to normal soon so we all can have some clean air.
deadderek, Kingpin, RedSpecial and 3 others liked this
I'm sick of the violence. My cousin had molotov cocktails thrown at her apartment complex while BLM was rioting in NY. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt. I'm curious as to how your media's covering this. Are they calling it peaceful protesting when we can see people acting liking vikings?
I don't think it's a fair comparison to weigh the response to decades of racial oppression and bias against a band of people unhappy that lockdown and curfew measures have been enacted during a pandemic.

I suggest this might be a topic better suited for discussion in the General Forum than here.
Alphagaia, Sav C, Dr.D and 6 others liked this
I agree with you.

Yet the violence Alpha's describing is no different then what happened over the summer. During a pandemic.

I detest police brutality as much as I detest mob violence. If one of those molotov coctails managed to get into an open window...What excuses that? I don't mean to start a politicol debate, Alpha can PM his response.
Wafflerobot liked this
timeware wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:43 am Yet the violence Alpha's describing is no different then what happened over the summer. During a pandemic.
We'll have to agree to disagree.
You're welcome to start up a topic in the General Forum, but this topic is not the place to discuss that.
Alphagaia, Sav C, tylergfoster and 1 others liked this
timeware wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:43 am I agree with you.

Yet the violence Alpha's describing is no different then what happened over the summer. During a pandemic.

I detest police brutality as much as I detest mob violence. If one of those molotov coctails managed to get into an open window...What excuses that? I don't mean to start a politicol debate, Alpha can PM his response.
A specific issue with the discussion you are trying to start here is you're offering one piece of anecdotal evidence - someone throwing a molotov cocktail at your cousins apartment. No reasonable person would support that, but we also don't have any context or evidence for it, whereas we do have 100's of pieces of individual video evidence of cops inciting violence against non-aggressive protest and beating unarmed civilians - who were quite rightly voicing there objections to decades of systemic inequality and police brutality. Of which there is also evidence.

You're comparing the largely peaceful protest of the oppressed with the violent protest of the ignorant, and you're using one piece of anecdotal evidence to justify it. That's not going to be enough to sway anybody here. Protesting against police brutality and white supremacy is justifiable, protesting against medical personnel and lockdown restrictions is not.
seekandannoy, Sav C, tylergfoster and 1 others liked this
timeware wrote: January 25th, 2021, 12:37 pm You wan't me to post pictures of my cousin, the apartment, her address to prove my point? Not happening. But my goal wasn't to derail the thread into a politcal debate. I was genuinly curious as to how Alpha's country was covering things.

I’m always suspicious when people say things like this. I don’t think anyone was calling you a liar. I think “anecdotal” was what was said. Yet your response to that is righteous indignation. I gotta say, whenever politics enter this thread, I can always guess with 100% accuracy which side of the coin TimeWare lands on.

PS: I tried not responding this, oh how I tried. But I’m a weak, weak man. So if this derails the topic and gets it locked, I’m so sorry. I just...I couldn’t pass it up. This is all I’ll say I promise.
deadderek, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 25th, 2021, 5:44 pm
timeware wrote: January 25th, 2021, 12:37 pm You wan't me to post pictures of my cousin, the apartment, her address to prove my point? Not happening. But my goal wasn't to derail the thread into a politcal debate. I was genuinly curious as to how Alpha's country was covering things.

I’m always suspicious when people say things like this. I don’t think anyone was calling you a liar. I think “anecdotal” was what was said. Yet your response to that is righteous indignation. I gotta say, whenever politics enter this thread, I can always guess with 100% accuracy which side of the coin TimeWare lands on.

PS: I tried not responding this, oh how I tried. But I’m a weak, weak man. So if this derails the topic and gets it locked, I’m so sorry. I just...I couldn’t pass it up. This is all I’ll say I promise.
I know how it sounds. But again i'm just tired of people justifying violence on both sides when innocent people get caught up in it. With that being said i'm not giving out her info for it to be used against her. So if I came off as cross my apologies.
There is a massive difference between the Black Lives Matter protests of 2020 and the insurrection this January--they aren't even comparable.

Literally no one justified the destruction caused during the riots following the death of George Flloyd; what people DID say, was that they understood why it was happening. Black Americans continue to live under the oppression of institutional racism and many felt they had exhausted every legal and civil avenue for fighting for change. Black men continued to be killed by police at rates far higher than other Americans. They tried kneeling to raise awareness and were told "stop kneeling and protest the right way" by none other than the President and Vice-President of their own country. At some point, you can only push a people so far before they snap... if you think this was bad, one need only look at the 50s and 60s to see how violently an oppressed people can lash out.

The insurrection is not similar in this regard; their justification for storming the Capitol was based on an entirely fabricated lie--they led a violent mob because they thought an election was stolen... which it wasn't. The other reason it isn't similar is because the George Floyd protests were apolitical--meaning the people involved had an agenda, but it was not tied to a political party--whereas the Capitol riot was explicitly tied to the Republican Party--the Republican president held a rally at the White House and told Republican supporters, who were waving flags and wearing apparel for the Republican President, to march on the capitol and "fight like hell" for his lie that he had actually won the election.

While both situations devolved into violence, they aren't relatable. It's the difference between being upset that a building started on fire due to poor maintenance and shoddy electrical work, and an arsonist setting the building on fire. Both involve the destruction of the building and possible loss of life, but you don't get mad at the wiring, you blame the engineer who allowed the system to fail... in the case of the George Floyd events, blame people in power who don't care to address the concerns of Black Americans and are content with the status quo.
Kingpin, Wedgeismyhero, Sav C and 1 others liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]