Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By fixer79
I just finished watching the classic buddy movie 48 Hrs. directed by Walter Hill in 1982.
As you older Ghostbusters fans will probably know, it stars Nick Nolte (The American Gérard Depardieu), Annette O'Toole (from Superman III fame), James Remar (from The Warriors fame), David Patrick Kelly (also from The Warriors fame), Frank McRae (who played exactly the same role in Last Action Hero) and of course Eddie Murphy (not from Ghostbusters fame) in his first starring role.

Now, I probably saw this movie way back when on rental video as a kid but I didn't remember anything about it, so it was pretty much new to me.
I enjoyed it very much but there was something outrageously distracting about it... Namely the soundtrack.

The movie features several songs by The Bus Boys. I'd never heard other songs from them except their awesome 'Cleanin' up the town' from Ghostbusters but that wasn't what was distracting. The songs they perform in 48 Hrs. are great.

What was so distracting to me was the movie's score, composed by the legendary James Horner.
Now, I'm a big fan of the Schwarzenegger picture Commando (co-starring the aforementioned David Patrick Kelly) and also of its score by the same James Horner.
I thought the steel drum and saxophone-heavy exotic melodies were pretty original for a movie score.
Guess I was wrong.
From the first notes of score I heard in 48 Hrs... It sounds almost identical to the Commando score he did only three years later. And it continues so for the entire picture! The steel drums, the saxophones, oh my!

Now I don't know what the deal was back then... Maybe time was short and Commando director Mark L. Lester asked Horner to do the exact same score he did for 48 Hrs. Or maybe Horner got extremely lazy and Lester ripped off.

Anyway, I've never heard two movie scores sounding so much alike. I'm trying to picture David Patrick Kelly seeing Commando for the first time at the premiere and going "Wait just a dang minute here..."

Still, 48 Hrs. is a highly recommendable 80's buddy movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. But if it makes you think of Arnold, now you know why. :)
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]