Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
GaudinosWheels wrote:
You think we are going to see that kind of thing when the OGs suit up?

I know a few are still convinced that this won’t happen and for good reason, but IF it does wouldn’t it be serendipities? :):):)
They have to. Surely. Although whether they actually ‘suit up’ as opposed to strapped on the proton packs, I’m not sure. I’d do well to fit into a suit from 4 months ago let alone 30 years!
Well in a recent interview Ernie revealed that he does done a jump suit in this movie and I don't think it is for a flashback. So if that isn't suiting up I don't know what is. LOL! :):):)
Sav C liked this
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 4th, 2020, 2:06 pm
You think we are going to see that kind of thing when the OGs suit up?

I know a few are still convinced that this won’t happen and for good reason, but IF it does wouldn’t it be serendipities? :):):)
They have to. Surely. Although whether they actually ‘suit up’ as opposed to strapped on the proton packs, I’m not sure. I’d do well to fit into a suit from 4 months ago let alone 30 years!
There was an article written a few months ago where Bill Murray demands that the author wear the proton pack. That led some of us to believe that they will be donning the packs one last time.
philmorgan81, Alphagaia liked this
Paco wrote: July 4th, 2020, 8:20 amIt also explains how he managed to jerry rig the trap open, something Ray and Egon would've done in their day.
Not necessarily, he may have enough of a passing knowledge of electronics (possibly in-part earned through his study of Seismology) to work out how to jury-rig a device... In the end, you don't need to know how the Ghostbusters' equipment works for you to be able to break it.
moviemaker29 wrote: July 4th, 2020, 10:04 amI feel like they wouldn't have recreated the farmhouse exterior on that stage unless they needed the blue screen backdrop to make some major changes to the whole environment, background, or sky for the finale.
They likely built a duplicate exterior on the sound-stage containing the farmhouse interiors to create a greater illusion that the exterior and interior are physically attached, for the original film, Hook & Ladder 8 was fitted with false walls replicating the look of Firestation № 23's apparatus bay, and the exterior of Firestation № 23 was dressed up with a single-story replica facade of Hook & Ladder 8... And all of the TARDIS props featured in Doctor Who since 2005 have had a interior backdrop of the Console Room.

The blue screen on the farmhouse studio set is just to insert digital mattes of the farmland surrounding the house.
mrmichaelt, pizzarat, groschopf and 1 others liked this
pizzarat wrote: July 4th, 2020, 10:13 am What all did Reitman say about Grooberson?
The first details on him, Paul Rudd's character is a seismologist who goes to a small town experiencing mysterious earthquakes and teaches summer school there.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/video/see- ... vp-AAHgBTh

Then the Vanity Fair article in December gave the main details about him - summer school teacher Mr. Grooberson who was a kid when the Manhattan Crossrip occurred. Although later generations may think of it as a myth, or not think of it at all, he remembers it obsessively and is excited to pass on what he knows.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... first-look
pizzarat liked this
pizzarat wrote: July 4th, 2020, 5:23 pm
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 4th, 2020, 2:06 pm

There was an article written a few months ago where Bill Murray demands that the author wear the proton pack. That led some of us to believe that they will be donning the packs one last time.
Oh yeah there have been plenty of hints that have had me 100% certain that we will see this happen. I have been anticipating this since teaser one. Yeah in that article I loved how Bill was showing the author how the switches work on the Wand. This definately lead me to believe that Bill had been playing with them on set recently. Unless the switches are the same configuration as the packs they used in the original movie and he just remembers how they work, which is quite possible.

I just have a big feeling that this is going to be a very great film and that it is going to be a wonderful companion to the other movies. :):):)
pizzarat, seekandannoy liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: July 5th, 2020, 1:53 am
pizzarat wrote: July 4th, 2020, 5:23 pm

Oh yeah there have been plenty of hints that have had me 100% certain that we will see this happen. I have been anticipating this since teaser one. Yeah in that article I loved how Bill was showing the author how the switches work on the Wand. This definately lead me to believe that Bill had been playing with them on set recently. Unless the switches are the same configuration as the packs they used in the original movie and he just remembers how they work, which is quite possible.

I just have a big feeling that this is going to be a very great film and that it is going to be a wonderful companion to the other movies. :):):)
Reading this made me think of the epic music from II when they approach the slime covered museum.
groschopf wrote: July 5th, 2020, 1:51 pm
Kingpin wrote: July 4th, 2020, 7:37 pm In the end, you don't need to know how the Ghostbusters' equipment works for you to be able to break it.
No kidding. Hooking jumper cables to a trap in a parking lot hardly seems like a sophisticated attempt to activate old equipment.
Also:
Shut this off. Shut this all off.

On a more serious note:

Possible Afterlife spoiler
This Post Contains Spoilers
Kingpin, groschopf liked this
After seeing the storyboard of the proton pack test scene, watching Egon work on a proton wand at dinnertime and the photo of Egon making(?) a trap I have really wanted to see some equipment repair and test scenes. I imagine the trailer shows almost all the footage we get about jury-rigging the trap but I'm excited to see it on the big screen after waiting decades for similar scenes.
Kingpin liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 5th, 2020, 1:56 pm
groschopf wrote: July 5th, 2020, 1:51 pm

No kidding. Hooking jumper cables to a trap in a parking lot hardly seems like a sophisticated attempt to activate old equipment.
Also:
Shut this off. Shut this all off.

On a more serious note:

Possible Afterlife spoiler
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 5th, 2020, 1:56 pm Possible Afterlife spoiler
I figure
groschopf, Alphagaia liked this
pizzarat wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:50 am This deserves some discussion. Why does Grooberson end up with the trap in his possession, and why does he attempt to open it?

We literally see that in the trailer, no? Phoebe brings it to school, has no idea what it is. Grooberson knows what it is, we see the green mist come out. Surely both of them want to see what is inside, him probably to prove the crossrip really happened. Most likely tries different ways, i.e. prying it open to no avail, and then tries to use electricity to power it open, hence the car battery.
deadderek liked this
Corey91 wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:57 am
pizzarat wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:50 am This deserves some discussion. Why does Grooberson end up with the trap in his possession, and why does he attempt to open it?

We literally see that in the trailer, no? Phoebe brings it to school, has no idea what it is. Grooberson knows what it is, we see the green mist come out. Surely both of them want to see what is inside, him probably to prove the crossrip really happened. Most likely tries different ways, i.e. prying it open to no avail, and then tries to use electricity to power it open, hence the car battery.
Yes, but *why*, especially if he knows the repercussion of releasing a ghost?
Corey91 wrote:

I assumed the opposite. The trap is hidden under the floor and secured by a puzzle that Phoebe solves (at least that's what the trailer leads you to believe). We see that the trap appears to have a ghost in it. If so, then the trap would need to have some kind of power source. It would seem many years have passed since Egon lived at the farmhouse. So this leads me to believe that the trap was on some kind of trickle charger when it was hidden under the floor. When Phoebe brings the trap to class, perhaps the charge starts to fail and in an attempt to keep the ghost contained, Grooberson tries to charge the trap using the jumper cables, but fails.
pizzarat liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: July 6th, 2020, 11:23 am
Corey91 wrote:

I assumed the opposite. The trap is hidden under the floor and secured by a puzzle that Phoebe solves (at least that's what the trailer leads you to believe). We see that the trap appears to have a ghost in it. If so, then the trap would need to have some kind of power source. It would seem many years have passed since Egon lived at the farmhouse. So this leads me to believe that the trap was on some kind of trickle charger when it was hidden under the floor. When Phoebe brings the trap to class, perhaps the charge starts to fail and in an attempt to keep the ghost contained, Grooberson tries to charge the trap using the jumper cables, but fails.
This makes me wonder, was the containment unit moved to the farmhouse HQ?
JonXCTrack wrote: July 6th, 2020, 11:23 am
Corey91 wrote:

This is a really really good theory!

I'll add to it. I think that what Phoebe find in the floor puzzle is the Pke. She activate it and it start to blink and to guide her towards the nearest ghost: the one in the trap. A trap that is hooked to a power source in the Secret Egon's Lab.
groschopf liked this
I don't think that the containment unit is at the farm house. I believe it is still at the fire house .

My reasoning for that is why would Egon have a loaded trap in the house unless he passed on before driving back to New York?

The containment unit may possibly be under a secret budget from whoever will be playing the mayor.

It's more then likely he possibly built a smaller version in his lab but never finished.

Walter Peck or someone who worked under him filling the role of mayor knows the importance of keeping the unit running.

A machine like the containment unit would need a very large and dangerous generator to keep it running during the moving process.

They have to outweigh the dangers of convenience over safety. Someone hits a curb while moving the unit to OK would set things off.

This has probably been posted before but I don't feel like reading through ten thousand posts to double check.
Coover5, pizzarat liked this
Davideverona wrote:
Hairy Biker wrote: July 6th, 2020, 6:02 pm I was finally able to see the Jason/ Ivan clip on the big screen last night here in Australia and I noticed during a BTS shot in Egons lab that one of the computer monitors has Janinies gold whale on top of it.
What is Janine's gold whale?
It's her paperweight in the first movie.

Like during Winston's interview when she gives the worksheet to Ray, look left of her name plate.
Davideverona liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]