Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:50 am
RichardLess wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:36 am

That’s not how that email reads. At all.
If I remember correctly, Ivan was pissed about a leak to the press saying Paul would direct and produce the new GB movie. As if it was a done deal. When all Ivan knew it was all just talk as there were multiple angles still being considered and he hasn't given his blessing.
Hence, the dinner party to talk strategy about calming Ivan down and getting him and Paul in the same room.
Which happened, and Ivan happily agreed ATC should be made.

I can dig up the email chain if you want, but yeah, best to make a ATC thread about it if you really want to look at the whole timeline again.
I don’t think we ever find out what specifically the dinner party was. My feeling is she had a dinner party that Paul was invited to, Ivan’s friends(“peeps”) were invited but not Ivan. This wasn’t a meeting, it was a dinner party. She clearly feels awkward about it enough to have people lie to Ivan about it. It sounds like she wants to convey what you think it was. A Ghostbusters meeting Vs a dinner party.

I duno, it’s a small thing. But again, the disrespect just adds up.

Imagine how mortified these people must have been finding out their emails were leaked? Anyone you talked shit about or insulted, and you know full well everyone in Hollywood searched for their names in these leaks lol.
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:02 am
RichardLess wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:49 am

Yes and we are talking about both movies. Thanks
It's mostly just you and alpha going back & forth on ATC now though.
So what? Conversational asides happen. We have mods here that will keep us on track if they feel things are getting away from the main topic. That isn’t our job. It’s not like there’s anything interesting happening GBA related.
I think everyone has skeletons in their closet to some degree. Things like this can ruin companies. Imagine getting your own emails leaked. It could be biblically bad.

I find it interesting the very thing that sets up bad blood between Ivan and Pascal gets leaked on the worst possible time to the press. It also happens with Dan this, I believe. The video from the other day says he was already considering going away from the Sony lot when he couldn't get GB pitch greenlit back in the day. It must have been a powder keg for years.

Someone was already doing their best to create unrest within the company before it all was leaked to the internet.

It's a miracle Sony survived this and we even get a new GB movie, because someone was definitely aiming to take the company down.

Why did the leaks happen again? Was it because of The Interview?
I regret posting the GBIII video. I thought, no, they won't derail the Afterlife thread again and digress about ATC again. Everyone, please stop. Take it to the ATC section from this point. If it continues here, posts get deleted. And just because there's no Afterlife news or speculation to talk about doesn't mean it's okay to keep posting in this thread or taking it on a tangent. Just don't post. The thread won't die and vanish if there's not a new post made everyday.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:42 am I regret posting the GBIII video. I thought, no, they won't derail the Afterlife thread again and digress about ATC again. Everyone, please stop. Take it to the ATC section from this point. If it continues here, posts get deleted. And just because there's no Afterlife news or speculation to talk about doesn't mean it's okay to keep posting in this thread or taking it on a tangent. Just don't post. The thread won't die and vanish if there's not a new post made everyday.
I understand the need to keep discussion in the rightful place and because Afterlife news is hotly anticipated the thread is more active and therefore can stray into more generalised discussion while we wait for news.. but I I don't see the harm in discussing GBIII video here. Why would you regret it? I was happy you posted it. Nothing bad is actually happening here, it is very much "OK" even if we ran for 3 pages on ATC before any new Afterlife news dropped.... that is the nature of discussion forums, why take it so seriously?

The posts complaining about those GB3, ATC or Sony leak discussion are more disruptive than a meandering conversation between a handful of regular posters.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on July 26th, 2021, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tylergfoster liked this
I think because no one wants a repeat about how the forum went to hell and back during the release of ATC. Between the conversations of people for and against the movie many people got banned, created alts to troll, others left the forum because the hostile tone, etc.

Regardless what you think of ATC the whole debate was the actual shitshow, with a leak that deliberatly showed the ugly underbelly to seed even more unrest.

We finally came together looking forward to a new movie, best not to keep going back and forth again and again and again, which is bound just to raise the tension between people wanting to defend or attack the movie / people behind it.
deadderek liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:24 am the thread is more active and therefore can stray into more generalised discussion while we wait for news..
There is a fine line in the digression though, something I'll whole-heartedly admit I've not always been great at managing.

And I do feel we always have to employ an extra level of awareness whenever we bring ATC into the mix because that's a topic that can go on a tangent, or spiral out of control extremely quickly. I know it's frustrating, but it's a matter exacerbated by the reboot still provoking a strong Marmite response in a lot of people (as shown by the recent posts marking its 5th anniversary this month).

Not to mention minor concern on my part in the Sony emails being linked to... as they are still stolen property. I couldn't find the post AJ had made about them, but I could've sworn he'd issued some warning about posting them here.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:41 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:24 am the thread is more active and therefore can stray into more generalised discussion while we wait for news..
There is a fine line in the digression though, something I'll whole-heartedly admit I've not always been great at managing.
Don't blame yourself for a minute.
I don't think even 10 admins working in tandem could have managed that one. You did your absolute best and you should be applauded for even trying to keep the peace as well as you did.

For what it's worth, Gbfans felt the best place for a civil debate.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 26th, 2021, 4:36 am Anyone can make a thread, dude. It's not a thing you own.
Someone was going to make a GB:A thread as soon as the teaser dropped.
So what? It's still not being rude to ask people to stay on topic.
Alphagaia wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:58 am
Kingpin wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:41 am

Don't blame yourself for a minute.
I don't think even 10 admins working in tandem could have managed that one. You did your absolute best and you should be applauded for even trying to keep the peace as well as you did.
Thanks, Alpha. :)
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 26th, 2021, 4:05 am Yeah moderating is hard and people give their free time to do it. I wasn't meaning to give anyone here a hard time, I haven't had to deal with spiraling threads and the arguments that can ensue.
No worries, I think we all knew you didn't mean a hard time with what you were saying.
deadderek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 4:30 am I MADE the thread, and it's not being rude to simply ask people to stay on topic.
Easy, Derek. Nobody is disputing you're the OP, but threads do become a communal thing... Especially one with this many posts in it. If things are starting to get off-track, don't hesitate to fire a mod a PM.
groschopf, SpaceBallz, Alphagaia and 3 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:12 am Wait, didn't they already rated the two remaining trailers? I think it was in May 2020, where we first saw the Pass the proton pack title?
Those are the trailers they played with the re-showing of Ghostbusters last year. Here is "Passing the Proton Pack" trailer they uploaded it to their channel

It's just a video with a bit of behind the scenes of Ivan/Jasons relationship while filming Afterlife.
Last edited by Kingpin on July 26th, 2021, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Davideverona wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:55 am I don't know. It was rated G on May 29th 2020 and it was called Ghostbusters Afterlife Pass the Proton Pack trailer.

Here's a link

https://amp.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... k_trailer/
It was most likely this one...
Last edited by Kingpin on July 26th, 2021, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Kingpin liked this
Davideverona wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:55 am I don't know. It was rated G on May 29th 2020 and it was called Ghostbusters Afterlife Pass the Proton Pack trailer.

Here's a link

https://amp.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... k_trailer/
It was the trailer I linked. "Jason Reitman teases ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ surprise as original opens at drive-in cinemas" They played the trailer I linked before the movie at the drive-in cinemas where they showed Ghostbusters on big screen.
Either way, we got nine minutes til the rumor is either true or false, gonna head to the Sony Youtube and refresh a buncha times til somethin shows up. See y'all on the other side!
So, next theory on trailer release date? Quick, someone google a Sony movie that was released in November and when their trailer debuted!
This is just so frustrating. I feel other films have had marketing going heavy by this point. 3 months out is definitely the consistent pattern but there are examples on either side of that timing too.

I just do not want this all happening last minute.
I know theaters are just barely ramping up again and new toys are starting to appear.
I want to see that Ghostbusters toy section grow instead of whatever early release single toy option is current. We are teetering on the edge before the onslaught and been that way for weeks.
We have all been waiting too long already so every day feels like an eternity at this point I guess.
Alphagaia wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:17 am I think everyone has skeletons in their closet to some degree. Things like this can ruin companies. Imagine getting your own emails leaked. It could be biblically bad.

I find it interesting the very thing that sets up bad blood between Ivan and Pascal gets leaked on the worst possible time to the press. It also happens with Dan this, I believe. The video from the other day says he was already considering going away from the Sony lot when he couldn't get GB pitch greenlit back in the day. It must have been a powder keg for years.

Someone was already doing their best to create unrest within the company before it all was leaked to the internet.

It's a miracle Sony survived this and we even get a new GB movie, because someone was definitely aiming to take the company down.

Why did the leaks happen again? Was it because of The Interview?
Yes. North Korea was upset about the Interview, so they hacked Sony's server and leaked their e-mails. This is ultimately what led to Amy Pascal being shown the door. However, this may have ended up being a blessing in disguise. If not for the e-mail leaks, Amy Pascal remains at Sony. Who knows if she would have been on board with Ghostbusters: Afterlife?
And now this pops up from the Frog Bros twitter account, which makes me think the trailer is probably later this week rather than today. Could be overthinking on both ends but oh well
Specifically, the "New Trailer, New Deals" subject line.
deadderek, gbraider82, Ecto751 and 4 others liked this

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Proton Props UK

Sure! As soon as I got my pack I will post the pic[…]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]