Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
When I was at the business muggle meeting in January 2020, they showed us concept art of the mini pufts. I remember them swimming in a cup of coffee and I remember all of us Ghostbusters being amazed. The Sony girl said, "think Gremlins".

I like the clip and I like the CGI in it (it is a simple design after all), I think it fits the big guy from the first movie. This is a different situation, different size, lightning... I don't think it's a final scene. As someone already stated, it looks like they re-cut it and added the Bernstein score for this internet video. There are clearly bits missing. Also, the cinematography is very... basic. Remember the trailer? That was some impressive epic widescreen camera work with the Ecto in the corn field or Phoebe and P****** in front of the hills and Trevor having his E.T. moment when he walks to the barn
This video is great, but it's nothing to judge yet
Prime 1986, RedSpecial, groschopf and 6 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: April 7th, 2021, 2:48 pm I'd like to buy a vowel.
Assuming Timo's asterisks represent the true number of letters in Logan's character's name, we have the following possibilities:

Patrick
Preston
Phoenix
Phillip
Presley
Pierson
Phineas
Pearson
Pascual
Pinchas
Paulino
Pinchus
Philipp
Padraig
Praneel

My money's on Patrick for the moment.
Corey91 liked this
Kingpin wrote:
Assuming Timo's asterisks represent the true number of letters in Logan's character's name, we have the following possibilities:

Patrick
Preston
Phoenix
Phillip
Presley
Pierson
Phineas
Pearson
Pascual
Pinchas
Paulino
Pinchus
Philipp
Padraig
Praneel

I agree. Something tells me that it's Patrick. And my mistake - Phillip also works. I didn't count the number of asterisks right the first time.
droidguy1119 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:39 am Over at Forbes, Scott Mendelson is pitching that Ghostbusters: Afterlife should move backward to May 2021 to capitalize on a gap in the release schedule, and the success of Godzilla vs. Kong (and wondering if the clip's release is evidence that Sony is already considering it).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 40c5be24b5
Oh god please! Then we can get the blue ray by November.
Bison256 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:42 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:39 am Over at Forbes, Scott Mendelson is pitching that Ghostbusters: Afterlife should move backward to May 2021 to capitalize on a gap in the release schedule, and the success of Godzilla vs. Kong (and wondering if the clip's release is evidence that Sony is already considering it).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 40c5be24b5
Thats cutting it a little bit close isn't it? Just from a sales point of view... It doesn't allow for much of a hype train build up. Is 4 weeks enough? Hows it usually work?
2.6K likes and going! I admire the shades of the Bernstein score, but I can totally tell the score is going to be its own entity.

Has anyone tried the new cereal yet? I can't wait to, myself. I feel like it should show up in Central Ohio any day now.

Anyone lol at that "Blue Velvet" reference?
Michael Scott wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:23 pm It’d be hilarious if it was Patrick. Wasn’t he the user here that was always telling us every tiny Ghostbusters reference or merch was a sign that the 3rd movie was imminent?
Yep, but we don't mention his name for fear it'd be like invoking the Candyman. :P
Demon Vice Commander wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:49 pm Surely it has no real significance or bearing on the plot.
Unless it does. ;)
Demon Vice Commander wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:49 pm Why is there so much secrecy surrounding the name of Logan's character? Surely it has no real significance or bearing on the plot.
I can't speak from a Ghost Corps perspective, but it remains useful in that any "leak" that doesn't know the correct answer is easy to debunk.
pizzarat wrote: April 7th, 2021, 4:04 pm 2.6K likes and going! I admire the shades of the Bernstein score, but I can totally tell the score is going to be its own entity.

Has anyone tried the new cereal yet? I can't wait to, myself. I feel like it should show up in Central Ohio any day now.

Anyone lol at that "Blue Velvet" reference?
The cereal tastes like Capitan Crunch with Lucky Charms marshmallows.
pizzarat liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 4:25 pm
Demon Vice Commander wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:49 pm Why is there so much secrecy surrounding the name of Logan's character? Surely it has no real significance or bearing on the plot.
I can't speak from a Ghost Corps perspective, but it remains useful in that any "leak" that doesn't know the correct answer is easy to debunk.
That's a good reason. The "leaks" we've seen so far all had Phoebe, Trevor, Celeste O'Connor and Logan Kim in it. They were bs.
Oh, baby! Loved it So excited and relieved these Mini Pufts are along the lines of the Mogwai/Gremlins and Ash's little demons from Evil Dead.
JonXCTrack wrote: April 7th, 2021, 8:38 am Anyone else notice that Paul Rudd is wearing the same clothes here as he is in the trailer when the terror dog jumps on the hood of his car?
Yay, one of my theories seems to have panned out! :D
Bison256 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 9:27 am mrmichaelt will have to update the mini pufts entry on the wiki. Currently it only refers to the mini pufts from the obscure deviations comic.
Ha ha, not until next year probably because there guidelines in place about new content.
Kingpin wrote: April 7th, 2021, 11:44 am Sounds like "Jamoca". "Jamoca Almond Fudge" is one of Baskin Robbins' flavours.
Yeah, Jamoca and Jamoca Almond Fudge are two different flavors. Jamoca is the standard just coffee ice cream and the latter adds in the almonds and fudge.
Kingpin liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:58 pm
Bison256 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:42 pm
Thats cutting it a little bit close isn't it? Just from a sales point of view... It doesn't allow for much of a hype train build up. Is 4 weeks enough? Hows it usually work?
At first I seriously thoughts you were riffing on Bill Murray's "World of the Psychic" dialog from ghostbusters 2.
Corey91 liked this
Bison256 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:00 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:58 pm

At first I seriously thoughts you were riffing on Bill Murray's "World of the Psychic" dialog from ghostbusters 2.
Thats how it started, but I couldn't make the rest fit the narrative of whats going on here.
Not sure if this has been posted yet but someone on Twitter pointed our Rudd is wearing a GB pistol belt

pizzarat, Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:09 pm

Patrick
Preston
Phoenix
Phillip
Presley
Pierson
Phineas
Pearson
Pascual
Pinchas
Paulino
Pinchus
Philipp
Padraig
Praneel

It's none of those.
SpaceBallz wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:54 pm Not sure if this has been posted yet but someone on Twitter pointed our Rudd is wearing a GB pistol belt

I've rewatched that over and over and you can't see if he's actually wearing a pistol belt.
deadderek wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:06 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:54 pm Not sure if this has been posted yet but someone on Twitter pointed our Rudd is wearing a GB pistol belt

I've rewatched that over and over and you can't see if he's actually wearing a pistol belt.
Yeah I cant see a belt either. I think its just that he's a teacher in a small town and has a selection school keys with him. I could be wrong.
Corey91, Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
So just doing a cursory look at comments on Twitter, avclub & Facebook I would say it seems like this is getting a pretty indifferent-negative reaction. Lots of “they are just trying to get that baby groot/baby Yoda/Minions money”. As soon as the Minipufts became known, this was my fear. Looks like a lot of people made the same mistake I did in assuming that this was an actually commercial rather than a clip. It feels like something they would’ve made for The Super Bowl or MTV Movie Awards.

This of course will not be indicative of the film itself but they should’ve saved these guys for the theatrical experience. Releasing a clip of just the mini pufts reeks of desperation.

Makes me wonder. If Ghostbusters came out in 2021 instead of 1984, would they have spoiled the Mr. Stay Puft bit? Probably. If you are interested to see how movie goers reacted to the scene, read Roger Eberts review. It was a total surprise & a huge laugh.
SpaceBallz wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:28 pm Man...you guys need to use one good guy and cross it with your bad eye like I did and you'll see the pistol belt!
You've had too much of Uncle Dan's vodka.

Don't drink and drive:
deadderek wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:44 pm You've had too much of Uncle Dan's vodka.

Don't drink and drive:
Speaking of which, what the heck is that thing they were all riding on? At first I thought it was an upside-down stool seat or something. Maybe a clock or a sign? I have no idea.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]