Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote:[quote=Davideverona post_id=4929680 time=<a href="tel:1578001103">1578001103</a> user_id=49006]
Someone posted a theory on Facebook.
Zucchini is a codename for Zeddemore, Spinach for Spengler, Pepper for Peter and Sesame for Stantz

That's fairly reasonable (and infinitely more logical than taking the names at face value).

Who do we suppose "Clementine" and "Grizzly" are?
Callie and Grooberson
groschopf liked this
Davideverona wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 2:38 pm Someone posted a theory on Facebook.
Zucchini is a codename for Zeddemore, Spinach for Spengler, Pepper for Peter and Sesame for Stantz
Pretty good...the only thing that bugs me about this is that I'm not sure why Peter would be referred to by his first name but the rest would be last name.

Looking at the list, I would be maybe more inclined to guess that Sesame is actually Phoebe and Spinach is Trevor just based on their catalog numbers in the two sections (Plasma and Fright) being the lowest sequentially. Although "Callie" and "Grooberson" fitting is compelling.
groschopf liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 7:54 pm Pretty good...the only thing that bugs me about this is that I'm not sure why Peter would be referred to by his first name but the rest would be last name.
Maybe they could think of a food that started with a V to fit with the other names. What I don't get is why Grizzly ended up as part of the code names. Why not grape?
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 6:12 amMaybe they could think of a food that started with a V to fit with the other names.
Or maybe Venkman's not going to end up being as much of a part of the main action as Egon, Ray and Winston. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any role Bill does play, is only in the form of a cameo, ala "Sorry I'm late guys, what'd I miss?"

Direct link to the USAToday photo in high resolution:

robbritton, mrmichaelt, devilmanozzy and 2 others liked this
Y’know, I’m starting to get the feeling that there’s a scene in this movie where Grace McKenna uses a gunner seat in the Ecto-1.
Kingpin, RichRyan1507, groschopf and 2 others liked this
Coover5 wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 8:00 pm I'd recognize Phoebe's stare anywhere.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Oh my god. It all makes sense now! In all seriousness, I did get a good laugh from that.
Hot take!

The car is aliiiiive! It was in the original where Ecto sorta had a life of it's own... What if they aren't capitalizing on JUST Ghostbusters but the success of the Bumblebee movie (hands down the best of the live action Transformers movie) and this isn't about ghost or ghostbusting, but a simple movie about a young girl, her brother, and their new best friend: a sentient car forgotten for decades!

-sits back, sips his coffee, and waits for the lunatics to run with this-
zeta otaku wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:01 am Bumblebee movie (hands down the best of the live action Transformers movie)
You say that like it's particular high bar to reach 😂

I mean Dragonball evolution is hands down the best official live action dragon Ball movie ......I mean it's true but the film is terrible.

Bumblebee though was really good I did enjoy that but besides the first transformers movie been fun/above average all the sequels were terrible. So bad I didn't catch bumblebee in cinema and watched via Blu-ray , then I watched I was like "holy **** it's actually good! I actually want to see more of this!" 😂
SSJmole wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:36 am
zeta otaku wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:01 am Bumblebee movie (hands down the best of the live action Transformers movie)

I mean Dragonball evolution is hands down the best official live action dragon Ball movie ......I mean it's true but the film is terrible.

Bumblebee though was really good I did enjoy that but besides the first transformers movie been fun/above average all the sequels were terrible. So bad I didn't catch bumblebee in cinema and watched via Blu-ray , then I watched I was like "holy **** it's actually good! I actually want to see more of this!" 😂
.... okay, wasn't expecting THIS to be the focal point of my post, but... hey, here we go.

It's amazing how solid a movie when Michael Bay is JUST the producer. The first and 3rd movie I still watch because they're just dumb and dumb fun, but the rest? Oof.... just.... oof.
zeta otaku wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:01 am Hot take!

The car is aliiiiive! It was in the original where Ecto sorta had a life of it's own... What if they aren't capitalizing on JUST Ghostbusters but the success of the Bumblebee movie (hands down the best of the live action Transformers movie) and this isn't about ghost or ghostbusting, but a simple movie about a young girl, her brother, and their new best friend: a sentient car forgotten for decades!

If they do something like that I hope they make it ambiguous, like in the Blues Brothers.
Bison256 wrote: January 4th, 2020, 11:36 am
zeta otaku wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:01 am Hot take!

If they do something like that I hope they make it ambiguous, like in the Blues Brothers.
Well, now that you've said that, they'll give it a voice. A distinct one.

Hey, remember the racist crows from the animated Dumbo?

Think that... but WORSE.
zeta otaku wrote: January 4th, 2020, 10:24 am
SSJmole wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:36 am

.... okay, wasn't expecting THIS to be the focal point of my post, but... hey, here we go.

It's amazing how solid a movie when Michael Bay is JUST the producer. The first and 3rd movie I still watch because they're just dumb and dumb fun, but the rest? Oof.... just.... oof.
Sorry lol i love transformers and enjoyed an exuse to talk about it.

Agreed though he was also just a producer on ninja turtles and I hate those 2 film lol but here the others were competent so bumble bee was just wonderful. It celebrated the brand instead of been completely uncaring of it. I loved it
mrmichaelt wrote: January 4th, 2020, 4:03 am Kinda felt like they're distracting us with a still of Ecto-1 from a new angle in the chase scene when the majority of us want new stills of scenes we haven't seen yet and new info.
I don't remember if I said this here, but my thinking is that this was a filming gambit too. Iconic movie car shooting an action scene in public? Gotta just let the spies and scoopers have it, and then of course it's one of the marketing centerpieces so as to help preserve all of the other secrets and surprises. There was that guy who had the whole Facebook gallery of close-up pics of the car, and he said the crew was like "have at it, post 'em, whatever." Who knows what they might've been getting away with elsewhere at that moment...

In other news, I made my pilgrimage today:

Davideverona, Coover5, groschopf and 5 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 4th, 2020, 3:48 am I don't get how it feels especially Ghostbusters II-like, we didn't see much in the way of dungerees in the second film.
A general vibe of the 80s? Definitely, but not explicitly GBII.
The front on shot is just reminding me of the charcoal jumpsuit, that's all. :)
That's really awesome you got to see some GB landmarks, it's on my bucket list!

If the Ecto has a voice, I nominate Danny Devito, Gilbert Gottfried, or Bobcat Goldthwait. It would be pure cringe.
tylergfoster, Sav C liked this
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]