Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
robbritton wrote: December 30th, 2019, 1:00 pm
SSJmole wrote: December 30th, 2019, 5:06 am

Not saying she suggested that stop trying to twist it.

But has dan himself even said to the Ghostbusters this is just a job. In real Leal life people can go somewhere for work with their partner to then enjoy the sights or area after works finished.

You don't think it's possible at all for a husband and wife to go on a vacation where it's "I just have to do this one thing for work then we've got the whole we go to to ourselves" ? The area in the film is a nice country like setting perfect for a romantic break away from the busy city.

I see 0 reason that's be silly or put him off ect.... All the supernatural stuff is so mundane and normal to the Ghostbusters that's it's no different for them than paper work is to someone who works in an office.
Sorry SSJ, I wasn’t trying to be mean. It wasn’t a typo, either - I was just imagining my IRL wife Donna suggesting that kind of busman’s holiday and how I’d react. It was meant to make you smile, not twist your point. Apologies.
Then I apologize I assumed phone auto corrected Dana to donna or something. That's my bad as I didn't know your wife's name or even that were married. Sorry
robbritton liked this
As much as I like Dana and Janine as characters and as much as I'm a fan of the cartoon and 2016 movie, I do not need or want to see either of them put on proton packs. That reeks of cheap fan service. What about either character's behavior suggests they would want to do that?

Personally, I don't think the "Louis suits up" bit of Ghostbusters 2 is good either, but contextually, given his concern for Oscar, I at least buy it.
RichRyan1507 liked this
Ghostbusters has all new cheap fan service moves.
RichRyan1507, Coover5, deadderek and 5 others liked this
SSJmole wrote: December 30th, 2019, 2:06 pm
robbritton wrote: December 30th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Sorry SSJ, I wasn’t trying to be mean. It wasn’t a typo, either - I was just imagining my IRL wife Donna suggesting that kind of busman’s holiday and how I’d react. It was meant to make you smile, not twist your point. Apologies.
Then I apologize I assumed phone auto corrected Dana to donna or something. That's my bad as I didn't know your wife's name or even that were married. Sorry
robbritton liked this
back wrote: December 30th, 2019, 4:51 pm
SSJmole wrote: December 30th, 2019, 2:06 pm

There's gotta be a few sparks of sweet humanity left in this burned-out burg!
back liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 2:10 pm As much as I like Dana and Janine as characters and as much as I'm a fan of the cartoon and 2016 movie, I do not need or want to see either of them put on proton packs. That reeks of cheap fan service. What about either character's behavior suggests they would want to do that?

Personally, I don't think the "Louis suits up" bit of Ghostbusters 2 is good either, but contextually, given his concern for Oscar, I at least buy it.
I wouldn't think it's cheap fan service at all. While Dana hasn't suited up before Janine has. It would be a nice nod to RGB and judging from the quick book commercial Annie could still pull off the gear.
Dana would be out of the blue to give a pack. As for cheap fan service what if they pull a twist and Oscar was carries husband?
I just realized that Sigourney had signed up before they knew Bill was going to be involved so the script would have originally had Dana in it but maybe not Venkman yet.

So the question is what would Dana's involvement be if Pete was originally not going to be there?
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:25 pm I just realized that Sigourney had signed up before they knew Bill was going to be involved so the script would have originally had Dana in it but maybe not Venkman yet.

So the question is what would Dana's involvement be if Pete was originally not going to be there?
Probably answering the call when Paul Rudd's character or whoever calls them to help with the situation.

I can imagine her hearing the plea, explain Venkman just went golfing, deep sea diving or is on a trip to Japan or something, and jumping into a car herself.

She will scream "get away from her you bitch" when Zuul is about to posess Phoebe while entering the scene in an Avatar mech suit with two proton packs tacked on with tape.
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:25 pm I just realized that Sigourney had signed up before they knew Bill was going to be involved so the script would have originally had Dana in it but maybe not Venkman yet.

I am actually thinking that Bill Murray was attached to the project very early on and his involvement was deliberately kept under wraps. I mean this is Bill Murray and everytime that Dan was asked and he would reply that he hoped Bill would be involved could have been completely serious. Maybe it was one of those things where he had agreed to be in it, but were unsure weather he would actually show up. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 9:43 am

I am actually thinking that Bill Murray was attached to the project very early on and his involvement was deliberately kept under wraps. I mean this is Bill Murray and everytime that Dan was asked and he would reply that he hoped Bill would be involved could have been completely serious. Maybe it was one of those things where he had agreed to be in it, but were unsure weather he would actually show up. :):):)
I was thinking it was kept under wraps for this exact reason. Not the reason you said , what I mean is some of the Ghostbusters originals and even some of the 2016 ones said the bill Murray stories online were exaggerated , but odly somewhere true

So by not announcing him , the fandom would constantly keep talking about whether or not he's going to be in it which would keep people talking about the film before anything concrete is shown. Then when they do announce it it's a big headline to grab attention.

I'm not saying that's wrong either I'm saying I would probably be the same in their shoes because what you get as a result , is the movie wanted to make plus you get extra buzz and discussion going on about your movie to keep it in people's mind and you also get a load more attention when you announce it.

But that's just my opinion on this don't take that as absolute.
I read she didnt have a part in The Video Game because she was holding out until Bill signed but him doing so was last minute and they didnt know if he would even do it so she got written out and replaced by Alyssa Malano's character
If I recall, one of the first scenes to be filmed was in Calgary with Weaver, Coon, Grace, and Wolfhard n July 14. It popped up on that Production Weekly around late April. Then around that time, cast and crew were seen filming in the Beltline area by a Red Cross building. I think that's the only time she was mentioned during filming aside from the dinner and that special intro at the '84 movie screenings.
I'm nervous about potential merchandise spoilers.

Often toys or especially tie in novels will give things away.

31 years ago it was a lot easier to avoid spoilers.

:/
Sav C, back, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
Hey y’all, a new movie comes out THIS YEAR!

Each year my kids an I do a double feature and time it so midnight in Ghostbusters II coincides with real life, as many of you probably do. My 11 year old was excited to think that next year we will have 3 movies to watch, but concerned about how late we would be up. We decided we will still go to bed after GBII, and watch Afterlife fresh on New Year’s Day. A good night’s sleep will represent the 31 year gap in the continuity.

It’s fun to think about. I hope the next 6 months go by fast. Happy New Year friends.
Sav C, back, RedSpecial and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: December 31st, 2019, 11:28 pm I'm nervous about potential merchandise spoilers.

Often toys or especially tie in novels will give things away.

31 years ago it was a lot easier to avoid spoilers.

:/
I'd be more afraid of the internet.

Like star wars episode 9 , I had no interest in seeing anyway but I've seen news headlines like "find out what __ in rise of the Skywalker means" and people randomly post all the spoilers on twitter + comments of videos. Before it even came out as they saw via close early screenings.

Now imagine living here in UK where it's out later than USA , it's going to get spoiled by online more than tots imo ...

As people trolling by spoiling , fans too excited to be the first one , YouTubers looking for quick anger clicks as if you click video to say "thanks for spoiling it with title" that's another view to the counter , news sites desprate for the clickbait and more make the internet a powderkeg of spoilers everywhere.

Only good think is ghostbusters isn't a mayjor franchise so might attract it less. I don't mean it's not a big franchise but compare it to marvel (loads did it with endgame) star wars ect.... It's lower which is good for things like less spoilers but there will still be loads.
timeware wrote: December 30th, 2019, 8:00 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 2:10 pm As much as I like Dana and Janine as characters and as much as I'm a fan of the cartoon and 2016 movie, I do not need or want to see either of them put on proton packs. That reeks of cheap fan service. What about either character's behavior suggests they would want to do that?

I wouldn't think it's cheap fan service at all. While Dana hasn't suited up before Janine has. It would be a nice nod to RGB and judging from the quick book commercial Annie could still pull off the gear.
Dana would be out of the blue to give a pack. As for cheap fan service what if they pull a twist and Oscar was carries husband?
It would be fan service and cheapen the film. The Ghostbusters in this film are Phoebe and Trevor plus two other kids. You might want to rethink what you are focusing on unless you want to set yourself up for major disappointment. Here is a better question... How many days did Sigourney Weaver, Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and Annie Potts actually film? Probably less than three days. This film isn't starring them (more like cameos), so you might want to focus on what you will be seeing the majority of the screen time.
Either way I'll be happy to see their return. But given three days of filming time with sets already established, is already alot of time to film.

We still don't know all the details so still anything's possible until the next trailer.

Again though I don't think Sony is ready to drop the focus on female Ghostbusters.

As for the og's whose to say? I would love nothing more to see them suit up one more time. I don't believe that's going to cheapen the experience.
philmorgan81 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 9:43 am

A part was written for him from the beginning, but Bill being Bill they didn't know if he would show up.
BRD 527 wrote:I read she didnt have a part in The Video Game because she was holding out until Bill signed but him doing so was last minute and they didnt know if he would even do it so she got written out and replaced by Alyssa Malano's character
If memory serves, she was approached about being in the video game, but when she heard that Murray hadn't signed on, she declined. Her role was going to be the voice of a computer. The idea was that Egon programmed the computer to use Dana's voice just to annoy Venkman. I'm kind of glad that this didn't happen. I would have been OK with her reprising her role as Dana Barrett, and having her actually being a Shandor decedent, which would have made sense as to why Gozer targeted her. Instead they created this Illysa Selwyn character, deliberately giving her the initials "I.S." That was just too much, IMO.
Davideverona wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 12:58 pmhttps://news.toyark.com/2020/01/02/new- ... 020-375075

Merchandise semi Spoiler
Good find. Assuming it's from afterlife
This Post Contains Spoilers
makes me excited , though thinking of it as I edit I'm 90% sure it is not not what I'm hoping lol
Last edited by SSJmole on January 2nd, 2020, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmm, isn't this the same list of toys that got taken down last year on sites like GBNews? In any case, if I remember right, for ATC, their merch got a feature in a retail magazine at the start of February 2016 and news was already trickling around in January of that year. In theory, we should be seeing leaks and news about Afterlife merch. Then there will be Toyfair on February 22 where they will likely have their public debut.
groschopf liked this

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]