Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
For the few that were still hoping or thinking otherwise. It specifically says 'Only in cinema's', so perhaps that finally puts the uncertainty at rest what the plans are about which release options they will use.
This is another country were discussing without alot of information to go by other then a promotional item. No one is asking for this film not to be released in theatre's. As long as this pandemic is still going nothing is certain until November comes and goes.
Also, Pascall is a New Zealand based company with production in Australia and Thailand. And I've seen some claims, it's better than any American company that makes marshmallows.

I remember when I was a child, when I saw that "Only in theaters" line, I'd ask my parents 'if that's true, why do they come out on VHS?' >yeah I'm showing my age< :whatever:
Alphagaia, deadderek, Sav C and 2 others liked this
Heh, I always thought the same! It's only until later I finally understood the line was focused around release dates, and the different steps a movie makes per release.
timeware wrote: May 13th, 2021, 2:07 am
For the few that were still hoping or thinking otherwise. It specifically says 'Only in cinema's', so perhaps that finally puts the uncertainty at rest what the plans are about which release options they will use.
This is another country were discussing without alot of information to go by other then a promotional item.

And it's all perfectly in line with what Jason said. They even delay the release date over there to December instead of going digital.

But if this still not going to convince you this will be the most likely route, fine. It was a small hope anyways.
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
I'm not saying this to be an ass i'm just saying that things aren't guranteed with everything going on. Disney just cancelled their Not so Scary Halloween event two years in a row, and things have vastly improved in Florida. October is a long ways off and this was something I was looking forward to. Two different situations but it falls in line with the point i'm trying to make. We think everything is set in stone but it's not.
deadderek wrote:Can we find a new topic to talk about?
So uh, would a legit VR game be a great tie-in for Afterlife? Like something insanely above the Now Hiring attractions that were crapped out for PSVR and Oculus. I imagine something could be really well put together if they had the right developers and creative team.
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: May 13th, 2021, 11:18 am Movie tie in games usually suck, but a VR game would be fun.
We talked about this before methinks, but if there is a movie tie in, doesn't it also have an extra year of polish? This could legit be an opportunity for a movie tie in to be actually fun as it isn't rushed to completion.
deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote:
deadderek wrote: May 13th, 2021, 11:18 am Movie tie in games usually suck, but a VR game would be fun.
We talked about this before methinks, but if there is a movie tie in, doesn't it also have an extra year of polish? This could legit be an opportunity for a movie tie in to be actually fun as it isn't rushed to completion.
Theoretically, yes. But an extra year of polish on your average movie tie-in game is like putting lipstick on a pig.
deadderek liked this
I don't see anything specifically Afterlife related here, but this is kind of neat.

Anyone know what...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by groschopf on May 13th, 2021, 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I feel like I’m overthinking this, which I probably am, but if for the big battle at the end, they all have to go down into the mine where the portal is and there is a huge explosion, how are they going to get back out?

I also have a feeling that the big battle will take place at the top, on the outside of the mineshaft and everything goes through above up in the sky maybe. What do you all think?
JonXCTrack wrote: May 13th, 2021, 12:03 pm The Michigan Ghostbusters are saying that they have stumbled upon "interactive digital content."

https://twitter.com/MI_Ghostbusters/sta ... 3777257472
Hello there! Glad you like my teams tweets. Yeah we found something pretty neat, but we're waiting to hear back from Eric to see what he says. There's something that looks like it was half finished and then abandoned. It's an official site we found by complete accident. So we're waiting to hear back before we talk more about it.
groschopf liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Someone got their hands on the new GB Afterlife pins....
This Post Contains Spoilers
Alphagaia wrote: May 13th, 2021, 1:10 am
mrmichaelt wrote: May 12th, 2021, 5:10 pm Pascall Marshmallows has a tie-in product, seen in Australia.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2021/05/12 ... australia/
Also having said that, our cinemas have been fully open for months now and our cases are few and fair between with the only cases coming from overseas returns and those people are in lock down anyway.
gbraider82 wrote: May 13th, 2021, 1:39 pm I feel like I’m overthinking this, which I probably am, but if for the big battle at the end, they all have to go down into the mine where the portal is and there is a huge explosion, how are they going to get back out?
Depends on how far the supernatural focus in the mine is to the elevator seen in the trailer is.

It's also unlikely to be the only way in and out, there are likely sealed minecart entrances that can be conveniently blown open with a portable nuclear accelerator. :)
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: May 13th, 2021, 12:03 pm The Michigan Ghostbusters are saying that they have stumbled upon "interactive digital content."

I'm legit excited to see what they've accidentally found, must be a different site than the primary one though.
deadderek liked this
Ghostytheghost wrote: May 13th, 2021, 6:28 pm

I'm legit excited to see what they've accidentally found, must be a different site than the primary one though.
Correct. Found it by accident funny enough.
Absolutely not, no. No spoilers on it at all. Some new artwork and interactive content. Still waiting to see what Ghost Corps says.
Davideverona liked this
deadderek wrote:Absolutely not, no. No spoilers on it at all. Some new artwork and interactive content. Still waiting to see what Ghost Corps says.
I remember seeing a fan website with something like that. But it sounds like you found something official. Hopefully we get to see it!

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]