Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
ecto80 wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:51 am On IMDB in "stunts" category we can see:

" Marshall Bingham ... Stunt Double: Ernie Hudson "

I went to Marshall's Instagram and we can see on his last post this image with this drawing of Winston in uniform with proton pack...!

Does this mean that he "stuntdoubled" Ernie in Afterlife or in the previous GB movies?
groschopf wrote: February 8th, 2020, 9:40 am Man, Winston is going to be in good shape for a 74-year-old if his stunt double in any indication.

Not that Ernie isn't, but I don't think he's ripped like that dude.
Yo hear me out. What if Bingham's the stunt double for the theorized flashback scene? It sounds far-fetched but kinda interesting.
groschopf liked this
Ghostytheghost wrote: February 8th, 2020, 11:01 am
groschopf wrote: February 8th, 2020, 9:40 am Man, Winston is going to be in good shape for a 74-year-old if his stunt double in any indication.

Not that Ernie isn't, but I don't think he's ripped like that dude.
Yo hear me out. What if Bingham's the stunt double for the theorized flashback scene? It sounds far-fetched but kinda interesting.
What's all this then about a flashback scene! 🧐
SpaceBallz liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:37 pm It's been conjectured for a while now that the film may contain a flashback scene that could explain what happened with Egon and the other busters. Nothing that's come out so far has suggested it, we fans are just hopefully conjecturing.
I thought the de-aging technology in The Irishman was really good, so I'd like that idea. However, I'd want them to look realistic to the period of 199x to 20xx, as opposed to the Video Game.
pizzarat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 3:23 pm
Kingpin wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:37 pm It's been conjectured for a while now that the film may contain a flashback scene that could explain what happened with Egon and the other busters. Nothing that's come out so far has suggested it, we fans are just hopefully conjecturing.
I thought the de-aging technology in The Irishman was really good, so I'd like that idea. However, I'd want them to look realistic to the period of 199x to 20xx, as opposed to the Video Game.
Man honestly that aspect of The Irishman took me completely out of the film. A couple of my friends loved it and I wanted to love it but I just found it really odd to watch Robert Deniro look like a young guy in one scene and an old guy in the next. I just couldn't get invested in it because of that. I would much rather prefer that maybe they just do some shots from behind the guys if they do a "flashback" scene or just in silhouette or something like that.
pizzarat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 3:23 pm I thought the de-aging technology in The Irishman was really good, so I'd like that idea. However, I'd want them to look realistic to the period of 199x to 20xx, as opposed to the Video Game.
The de-aging in The Irishman is actually pretty lacklustre. Someone not associated with the studio did an edit of some clips from the film, and his effort's better than what the film actually has:

Kingpin wrote: February 8th, 2020, 4:09 pm
pizzarat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 3:23 pm I thought the de-aging technology in The Irishman was really good, so I'd like that idea. However, I'd want them to look realistic to the period of 199x to 20xx, as opposed to the Video Game.
The de-aging in The Irishman is actually pretty lacklustre. Someone not associated with the studio did an edit of some clips from the film, and his effort's better than what the film actually has:

Opinions are opinions.
There was an actor that was cast that resembles a younger Harold Ramis so the theory was that they were gonna deepfake Harold onto the actor for a flashback scene.
I was reading an older article from Screen Rant and they were talking about how the whole "hasn't been a ghost sighting in 30 years" seemed to mean that they were going to do away with all the outside lore but I didn't take that line to mean that at all. I just took it that it meant that ATC didn't happen since the franchise is 36 now. I would take it to mean that we actually COULD see elements at LEAST from the show and I would say the show would be as far as they would go. I mean I would be really surprised if they used any elements from the comics . Season 5 of the show was in 1989 and there were two more seasons after that but I would assume that IF they use elements from the show they would stem from the earlier episodes with the original cast and writers.
StarSpengledBanner82 wrote: February 8th, 2020, 6:55 pm I was reading an older article from Screen Rant and they were talking about how the whole "hasn't been a ghost sighting in 30 years" seemed to mean that they were going to do away with all the outside lore but I didn't take that line to mean that at all. I just took it that it meant that ATC didn't happen since the franchise is 36 now. I would take it to mean that we actually COULD see elements at LEAST from the show and I would say the show would be as far as they would go. I mean I would be really surprised if they used any elements from the comics . Season 5 of the show was in 1989 and there were two more seasons after that but I would assume that IF they use elements from the show they would stem from the earlier episodes with the original cast and writers.
Apparently Egon's secret floor panel showed up in one of the NOW Comic books. I also remember hearing that one of the new ghosts will resemble the "Grabber" ghost that came with the original Kenner Venkman figure. The Cannibal Girls marquee is definitely a nod to GBII, and I would love a lot of connections to the sequel that has made me wait eagerly for the third movie since I was 5.
SpaceBallz liked this
pizzarat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 7:33 pm
StarSpengledBanner82 wrote: February 8th, 2020, 6:55 pm I was reading an older article from Screen Rant and they were talking about how the whole "hasn't been a ghost sighting in 30 years" seemed to mean that they were going to do away with all the outside lore but I didn't take that line to mean that at all. I just took it that it meant that ATC didn't happen since the franchise is 36 now. I would take it to mean that we actually COULD see elements at LEAST from the show and I would say the show would be as far as they would go. I mean I would be really surprised if they used any elements from the comics . Season 5 of the show was in 1989 and there were two more seasons after that but I would assume that IF they use elements from the show they would stem from the earlier episodes with the original cast and writers.
Apparently Egon's secret floor panel showed up in one of the NOW Comic books. I also remember hearing that one of the new ghosts will resemble the "Grabber" ghost that came with the original Kenner Venkman figure. The Cannibal Girls marquee is definitely a nod to GBII, and I would love a lot of connections to the sequel that has made me wait eagerly for the third movie since I was 5.
Actually wasn't The Cannibal Girls a film by Ivan Reitman? Also when Ray asks Egon about his childhood in GB2 and he talks about the slinky he says "we" had part of a slinky and The Real Ghostbusters establishes that he had an uncle. So I am curious if he could have possibly had a brother or sister. Also since The Real Ghostbusters has an episode about the movie getting made and how they "look nothing like" them and all that I wonder if, theoretically, the new film could mention that they were so big at one time that they had their own show? Some people even think there is a picture of The Real Ghostbusters in the background of their apartment but I can't tell if it actually is or not.
pizzarat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 7:33 pm
I do remember Jason mentioning that this movie was for the GB fans when they were kids playing with their GB toys.
pizzarat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 7:33 pmApparently Egon's secret floor panel showed up in one of the NOW Comic books.
A secret floor safe did indeed appear in the very first issue, though it's most likely a coincidence.
pizzarat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 7:33 pmThe Cannibal Girls marquee is definitely a nod to GBII
-More likely a nod from Jason to his Dad's work.

Whilst the movies have taken some very light inspiration from the cartoons, they've largely remained their own entity, and I imagine the same will be true with Afterlife. There may be the occasional thing that can be argued as being inspired by The Real Ghostbusters (such as the gunner chair), but I wouldn't be expecting Jason to be lifting specific facts from the cartoon to become movie canon.
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?