Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
2GunsRacing wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:21 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:08 pm OH SNAP!!!!!
This Post Contains Spoilers
Right?!! How crazy is that?
Makes sense!
2GunsRacing, Sav C, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:33 pm
2GunsRacing wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Right?!! How crazy is that?
Makes sense!
Last edited by Kingpin on August 19th, 2019, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
2GunsRacing liked this
By Paco
perhaps this is a callback to a tidbit I read in Making Ghostbusters. originally the team was to reassemble and battle Gozer's 'final form' which has manifested over a small town in New Jersey. now jersey has been switched out to the midwest. if the cult had numerous followers as stated in the gb 84 there's no reason why a remnant of the cult survived somehow. also if you recall lovecraft in call of cthulu the police break up a cthulu cult in the Louisiana bayou. but oklahoma? why not.
2GunsRacing, mrmichaelt, back and 1 others liked this
Last edited by 2GunsRacing on August 19th, 2019, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Paco
theres a line in ed wood about okies being repressed. but this little discovery has got me thinking about a possible storyline. we've seen the pics of the main cast and they're very visually similar to egon (hair, glasses, etc...) and with the appearance of Ecto 1 and the absence of Ecto 1A, it has me thinking about something very plausible.
its fun to speculate.
Last edited by Kingpin on August 19th, 2019, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
2GunsRacing, mrmichaelt, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Paco wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:15 pm perhaps this is a callback to a tidbit I read in Making Ghostbusters. originally the team was to reassemble and battle Gozer's 'final form' which has manifested over a small town in New Jersey. now jersey has been switched out to the midwest. if the cult had numerous followers as stated in the gb 84 there's no reason why a remnant of the cult survived somehow. also if you recall lovecraft in call of cthulu the police break up a cthulu cult in the Louisiana bayou. but oklahoma? why not.
mrmichaelt liked this
By SpaceBallz
By Sav C
Very, very cool stuff, guys!
Also, I have to wonder if it's still mosquito in Drumheller. I remember going there about a decade ago, only earlier in the year, and it was impossible to get away from those nasty little insects. It was like ten would be trying to bite you at once. The fronts of all the cars had like a quarter inch of mosquitos caked onto them. It was pretty awesome, though, because there were tons of dinosaur statues and whatnot (and a dinosaur museum), and these really cool rock formation things.
Last edited by Sav C on August 19th, 2019, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt, SpaceBallz liked this
This is it, this is the sign... I couldn't resist it.
Sav C, akanigit, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: August 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm Well... there's definitely two of 'em.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1TuoLgnGBI ... nGgF3Slo9A

One might just have the roofrack taken off and replaced with the camera rig, but the rear passenger is conspicuously absent.
And history repeats itself (sorta). :)
Alphagaia, Davideverona, back and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: August 19th, 2019, 1:35 am
groschopf wrote: August 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm Well... there's definitely two of 'em.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1TuoLgnGBI ... nGgF3Slo9A

One might just have the roofrack taken off and replaced with the camera rig, but the rear passenger is conspicuously absent.
And history repeats itself (sorta). :)
Is that a picture from production? Is the Ecto 1A in this?
Edit: Nevermind. Just saw the prop archive thing. I got a bit too excited and didn't look the whole thing over. Damn.

So initially I didn't want a Villian redo from the first movie but after seeing that police symbol and the name on that truck my mind is going crazy with the possibilities. I LOVE IT. We might get to see some awesome Ghostbusters detective work and mythology expansion. That's my favourite stuff! And did Ray move to this city because he knew this is where it was all going to go down??

Here's my theory. Ok. Egon gets some kind of prophecy or warning years ago after the GBs have disbanded. Some clue that Gozer isn't done. They just closed off a single portal. What year did Egon mention the Gozer worshippers and Shandor decide society was to sick to survive? 1920? What's the title of this movie? Ghostbusters 2020. So anyways Ray and the others don't buy the theory so Egon goes exploring/investigating on his own. He's never seen or heard from again. So Ray decided to follow up on his missing friends investigation and it leads him to this town. He finds some clues here and there but nothing too solid. Maybe a clue towards a date. So Ray waits. And waits. Finally the spiritual/cosmic alignment is right in July 2020 and...Cue Ray Parker Jr.

I'm pumped. Oh god I am pumped!
Last edited by RichardLess on August 19th, 2019, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBallz liked this
By back
Power cells are good for 5000 thousand years... Okay... Only if my TV remote batteries lasted as long lol... Anyways my point is that will the equipment's performance have aged as well?
RichardLess wrote:What year did Egon mention the Gozer worshippers and Shandor decide society was to sick to survive? 1920? What's the title of this movie? Ghostbusters 2020.
Ghosts love their anniversaries.
robbritton, lozbloke, 2GunsRacing and 1 others liked this
All of the above makes it much more likely the question of
Either way, I’m much more excited by this revelation than I had imagined I would be were it to go that way. It’s nice to know
Sav C liked this
By deadderek
I know it's a bit far without knowing anything but...I have a feeling this movie is gonna knock it outta the park!

That truck pic lets loose a plot point that is definately bringing to my mind the canon status of the video game.

I mean if it isn't canon...kinda odd at Fan Fest there were patches of the event.

Something is up. :P
Sav C liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: August 19th, 2019, 3:02 am
RichardLess wrote:What year did Egon mention the Gozer worshippers and Shandor decide society was to sick to survive? 1920? What's the title of this movie? Ghostbusters 2020.
Ghosts love their anniversaries.
The fact that the whole town is a fabrication in the film as opposed to a real city like New York could be a clue that the town was built as a supernatural antenna. ;).
back wrote:Power cells are good for 5000 thousand years... Okay... Only if my TV remote batteries lasted as long lol... Anyways my point is that will the equipment's performance have aged as well?
Well I think it is nothing short of a miracle that the kids got the car running. As for the aging of the proton packs that seen that was posted on Instagram at least shows that the equipment is still capable of doing serious property damage so maybe it can still catch ghosts. ;)

I thought I would be against seeing another Gozer storyline, but I am actually completely on board with it. With the Shandor C9 Truck there it makes me so happy that there will be a big looming supernatural threat. This is even better because this makes it even more personal to the original Ghostbusters. It is a loose end that they have to help tie up. I am still exited and still can't stop smiling. :):):)
robbritton, mrmichaelt liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]