Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By timeware
As in the ruins of an old west mining town, or a town populated by ghosts? I can definitely see Dan conducting experiments in an old western town like tombstone. Would be a nice call back to o.k. Corall.
‘Ghostbusters 2020’ Set Video Reveals A Major Change To The Ecto-1

https://heroichollywood.com/finn-wolfha ... er-things/
The set video reveals what appears to be a stuntman for the 16-year-old actor behind the wheel of the Ecto-1 in action. Eagle-eyed fans have also noticed one major change to the resurrected vehicle. As seen in the set photos, the Ecto-1 can be seen featuring suicide doors for the new film. You can check it out below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Aq02Il_TH/
Suicide Doors?
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: August 17th, 2019, 11:50 am What do we know about this Instagram account?

https://www.instagram.com/summervilleco ... stbusters/
Although the photographer has made a commendable effort to dirty up their props to make them look like they've languished in a barn, the deterioration patterns don't appear to match the photos of the screen-used car we've so far seen. Between that at the use of a logo that hasn't appeared anywhere in the official or on-set media so far, I'd say that's a fan account.
*NormalGamer* wrote: August 17th, 2019, 3:23 pmSuicide Doors?
"Suicide" doors are car doors which are hung on a car frame at the rear of the door rather than the front. The suicide part may originate in their being considered less safe/offering less protection to a passenger stepping out than a conventional car door: Link
SpaceBallz, Sav C, *NormalGamer* and 2 others liked this
By deadderek
When I asked about any official pics being released anytime soon this is what they responded via twitter:

By mrmichaelt
I would guess Sony PR runs the Ghostbusters twitter account and Ghost Corps runs... the Ghost Corps Facebook. Maybe the account is alluding to a first look in EW that the trade does for major movies coming in the summer.
By deadderek
Bizarre but it would be the only thing that makes sense if David said earlier was true.

My guess would be something for EW as well if I had to.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
Shawn has reported following his set visit that there are in fact two run-down Ectomobiles on location for the filming, adding further to speculation that Ecto-1A has been recommissioned as a second run-down Ecto-1 prop. There is at the very least ample evidence proving Shawn's report that there are two Ecto-1s currently being used for filming:

To differentiate, I'll use the following distinctions:
Rust Bucket/Rusty
Pursuit Mode

Rust Bucket

Rust Bucket or "Rusty" appears to have been the first car to make an appearance on-set, and initially appeared the most prominently via the leaked photos posted to social media and TMZ. The first big clue this isn't the same car as PM is apparent by looking at the undercarriage beneath the rear passenger-side door, the rig for the seat isn't present.

Further to this, the top edge of the suicide door fits flush with the roof line and the chrome trim, the suicide door on PM fits awkwardly, and appears to stick out from the roof line.

Additionally, looking at this screenshot from the leaked footage, there's a distinctive scratch or scuff just above the rust by the bottom-left corner of the rear driver-side door. On Rusty, the scratch looks far shorter, and the rust spot appears less prominent.

Pursuit Mode

Pursuit Mode's biggest give away is the seat rig mounted to the undercarriage beneath the rear passenger-side door, and how far out the top of the suicide door sticks out from the roof panelling.

Further details that don't match with Rusty are the missing chrome trim on the passenger-side headlights, and a the level of rust/scuffs/scratches on the passenger-side front and rear quarter panel, as well as the fender skirt.
By back
Alright, I didnt mean to cause quite the stir here :blush: ...
I will see the movie, in theatres, opening day (most of us will). Its just the little things that knocked it (not gonna complain about it again, I promise) into left field for me... And since its one prop with noticeable inaccuracies (to me at least), I saw it as a cockroach... where theres One theres More.
Now... that MIGHT not be the case here... I just have some distinct Concerns.
Once again, I can reserve my fears. Another important note I should mention in my haste is that its Not 1989 anymore... Special Effects have changed, advanced, etc.
But you all are right on Many items on the Ecto... it is nice to see her again, even if she is Rusty & Dusty :)
I know my ignorance will not go UN-noticed, but hey... thats what I get for having a giant cock-obliterating Gif LOL
Now, if you dont mind, I have to clean some pie off my face and ready myself to eat crow after I pull my foot out of my mouth come 2020. :walterpeck:
Last edited by back on August 18th, 2019, 10:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: August 18th, 2019, 9:55 am Glad your coming back into the light. Ecto has a pursuit mode now?They really are trying to compete with the upcoming Knightrider movie!
Heh, I figured I'd borrow the term given the fond nostalgia for Knightrider, and how appropriate it sounded. :)
back, timeware liked this
By timeware
Apparently Derek was watching A Team. Don't hassle the Hoff man. Lol. But yeah if Hasslehoff isn't blowing smoke the new film should be out around the same time Ghostbusters premiere's but with no updates were kind of back in developmental hell.
By Ectojeff88
Fantastic closeup pics! If it is indeed true that 1A has been forever lost in 2020 transformation I am happy she’s remains an active Ectomobile in some form!

Still hoping there will be a proper clean flashy 2020 Ecto (1C?).
Has anyone else noticed how high up the gas cap is on at least one of new picture cars? All of the other '59 Miller Meteors that I've seen (including the E1, E1A, primer, and Universal cars) all have them much lower.
This Post Contains Spoilers
If the Ecto-1A is actually being used in the new film, that should help us identify it; it's unlikely that they would change the position of the gas cap, as it would be a difficult and unnecessary modification.

back, Sav C liked this
By BatDan
timeware wrote: August 18th, 2019, 12:21 pm Maybe the kids find the ecto one a parts once the Og's make the scene? The Ghostbusters take back Ecto, the kids get a new vehicle?
Part of me assumes the kids are acting as the “louis from gb2” type storyline. Theyre trying to “help” while the OGs are doing their own thing. Just a hunch.
SpaceBallz, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: August 18th, 2019, 4:27 am A little peak under the hood (care of Shawn Stickel on Facebook): Image

Edit: Shawn has uploaded more photographs of the car:

I have a feeling the last image of the new movie might be the new ghostbusters getting their first official call. They go down the poll, get into their uniforms. The front doors open like the first film with a blinding light from The Ecto 1 headlights. Only instead of rusty and dirty it's now sparkling brilliant white and looking better than ever. The Ecto 1, lights and sirens blaring, takes off into the night as our new heroes head off into an unseen adventure. Cue credits.
BatDan, Kingpin, robbritton liked this
I can imagine a point in the chase scene where the stuff on the roof rack is getting in the way or breaking loose or getting knocked off where one person in the car asks the other(s) “What does all that crap up there do anyway?!”

Also, looking at the pictures made me realize that all of us with Kenner Ecto-1’s that have yellowed over the last 3 decades had no idea how screen accurate they would become one day.
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
Jason Reitman posted a photo of a slimed stop sign a week ago and said "original formula." Little things like that is what makes me excited for GB3.
Last edited by SpaceBallz on August 18th, 2019, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philmorgan81 liked this
SpaceBallz wrote:Jason Reitman posted a photo of a slimed stop sign a week ago and said "original formula." Little things like that is what ma makes me excited for GB3.
I’ll say. It warms my heart to see what is supposed to be the classic car, classic proton pack, classic Ecto goggles, am]nd now the original recipe for classic slime. ;) I am pretty sure someone will be using the classic PKE Meter we just haven’t seen it yet. Again I think it is a good sign that I am this stoked with everything we have seen and we have not YET had official confirmation from Jason or the studio of the original cast returning. I am 100% sure they will be there. It is just 50/50 on the size of their roles. I have faith that they will be decent sized roles. My mind is really racing. In the years since Ghostbusters 2 did they have any luck opening up new branches to just have them all shut down at some point? Of all the things I really want to know WHY and HOW the Ecto 1 wound up so far from New York? :):):)

I am so looking forward to the answers to those questions. I am really starting to think about that potential Spengler connection. I mean if the family finds the car and equipment in the house they moved into, it really surprises me IF Egon had the car and equipment and not Ray. Unless Ray helped Egon transport all the stuff to this small town. Did Egon settle down in this town before he passed? Did he take a teaching Job at the High School? If so did Paul Rudd’s character know him? Whatever the case I am sure I am not even close to what they have in mind. I am so glad filming is underway this is so exciting. :):):)
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By deadderek
timeware wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:28 am Apparently Derek was watching A Team. Don't hassle the Hoff man. Lol. But yeah if Hasslehoff isn't blowing smoke the new film should be out around the same time Ghostbusters premiere's but with no updates were kind of back in developmental hell.
?????
Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]