Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: August 14th, 2019, 10:35 am Dan Aykroyd as 'The Judge'

Find all the hidden dick noses!
Haha. Someone else has seen that movie?? Wow. I don't think I've ever cringed so hard. The man has a great imagination. But thank god for Ramis and Reitman for reigning it in. Around the point in the film that Tupac shows up I was seriously questioning how anyone thought it was a good idea to film that mess.
BatDan liked this
By groschopf
Nothing But Trouble is a super weird movie. I saw it a few times on cable as a teen. The story doesn't do a lot for me, but the thoroughness of the world they built around it is impressive in a warped way. Kinda wonder what I'd make of it today.
By Alphagaia
Sav C wrote: August 14th, 2019, 6:36 pm Now I've got to see this thing... It should be easy to get my brother on board if I tell him that Tupac's in it.
I would recommend it just for the weird ride it provides! Especially do some research about how it got made: https://youtu.be/8TFfL1aUDaQ
deadderek wrote: August 15th, 2019, 12:19 am While he isn't announced, I'd bet the farm JK Simmons pops up at some point.
I'm kinda happy he isn't typecast as the gruff sherrif. I would love to see him as a smart, vengeful ghost.
Sav C liked this
Alphagaia wrote: August 15th, 2019, 12:29 am
Sav C wrote: August 14th, 2019, 6:36 pm Now I've got to see this thing... It should be easy to get my brother on board if I tell him that Tupac's in it.
I would recommend it just for the weird ride it provides! Especially do some research about how it got made: https://youtu.be/8TFfL1aUDaQ
deadderek wrote: August 15th, 2019, 12:19 am While he isn't announced, I'd bet the farm JK Simmons pops up at some point.
I'm kinda happy he isn't typecast as the gruff sherrif. I would love to see him as a smart, vengeful ghost.
Yeah the movie is a wild ride, for sure.

As for JK. If he appears it'll probably be a single scene cameo. Maybe a customer with a Ghost problem. Or a Mayor. Has he done every Jason Reitman film?
By Seth Rex
My dad and I both like Nothing But Trouble. One time, we were both watching it and we got to the 'Hot Dog' scene. We suddenly had a craving for Hot Dogs so bad, when it turned out we had none, we actually went to the store to buy some, just so we could eat Hot Dogs that day.
BatDan, Sav C liked this
By timeware
If this shows up twice please delete the prior post. Initially I was joking about the Boy meets world stuff. the more I thought about this I need to ask how many people think that Ghostbusters 2020 is going to shape up to be Ghostbusters High? Short of Danny Divito being the gym coach and Betty White playing the lunch lady I hope to God the school isn't haunted by a ghost that swallowed a laugh track.

I would love to see an Easter egg of the OG's in their high school days in a trophy cabinet as the kids walk through the school hall ways.
I don't think it's going to be Ghostbusters High. I think we'll get an early scene or two at school to establish characters, and then most of the rest of it will be outside of school, with the exception of (I imagine) the kids involving Rudd.

One thing this brings up that I honestly haven't thought much about until this very moment is the idea of ghosts being more of an accepted real concept in this world. Perhaps Egon and/or Ray wrote a scientific book (I imagine Peter and/or Winston writing memoirs). I remember the sequel crowd for Ghostbusters (2016) pitching some kind of cover-up turning the events of the original two into urban legend, but that seems pretty complicated. In any case, now I'm picturing Rudd's character remembering these events from when he was younger.
droidguy1119 wrote: August 15th, 2019, 8:27 pm I don't think it's going to be Ghostbusters High. I think we'll get an early scene or two at school to establish characters, and then most of the rest of it will be outside of school, with the exception of (I imagine) the kids involving Rudd.

One thing this brings up that I honestly haven't thought much about until this very moment is the idea of ghosts being more of an accepted real concept in this world. Perhaps Egon and/or Ray wrote a scientific book (I imagine Peter and/or Winston writing memoirs). I remember the sequel crowd for Ghostbusters (2016) pitching some kind of cover-up turning the events of the original two into urban legend, but that seems pretty complicated. In any case, now I'm picturing Rudd's character remembering these events from when he was younger.

I remember reading somewhere that the family, Carrie Coon's character and her son, have a direct relationship to something happening in the original film.

Maybe she lived @ Central Park West as a kid. Or maybe her parents are Ted & Annette Fleming and it turns out Louis was a terrible accountant & they weren't "ok". Or maybe she lived with her Grandma @ Central Park West as a kid. One night she witnessed her grandma opening the apartment door to see what all the commotion was about outside and heard her grandma let out a loud "HO!" Before quickly coming back inside & slamming the door. Her grandma was never the same after that. She kept talking about some sort of horned evil dog. She died not too long after that. She was by grandma's side when she passed. She'll never forget grandmas's final words. Her grandma opened her says, look straight at her and yelled "HO!" one last time, before shutting her eyes forever.

That old woman still kills me to this day. I've seen Ghostbusters countless times and I still laugh at that old woman's reaction to the terror dog in her apartment hallway like it's the first time I've seen the movie. Same with Dan Aykroyd's beautiful matter of fact delivery of "It's the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man". It kills me.
robbritton liked this
timeware wrote: August 15th, 2019, 10:44 pm The one scene that's always made me laugh was the poor maid in the Sedgewick. "what the hell are you doing?" Oh, sorry. Thought you were someone else.
One of the things that I'm really glad the reboot was able to do is cause people to look at the original with new eyes. I've seen a few videos on YouTube that examines the differences between comedy and joke styles of the two movies and I've really come away with a new respect for joke writing and construction. The original is just so effortlessly funny it's amazing. I'd link to this one video in particular, but I don't think it would go over well since it's extremely anti GB16 and I don't wanna create a big thing, but it really gets into the nitty gritty of joke writing. I can PM a link to anyone whose interested. It's mostly a review of GB16 but it contains some very interesting observations on comedy writing.

It's amazing how some movies you watch in theatres and it's a funny movie but when you watch it again, the jokes don't land. It was funny once. Rare is the comedy that makes you laugh over and over everytime you watch it. Ghostbusters is one of those movies. Doctor Strangelove is another. Airplane another still. What are some others? I guess it's all subjective too, right?

One of my concerns, maybe concern isn't the right word, one of my hopes for the new GB2020 is that the maintains the comedic voice and tone of the first two. I know Jason is a good writer. But I'm not sure how funny he is. It's hard to compete with Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd. Hopefully it works.
By timeware
Jason has an a team of comedians that can review his comedic timing. I'm sure Dan will be more then willing to lend his talent. Were in good hands however the movie goes.

Recent movies that come to mind for me anyway was Guardians of the galaxy, both films, and Thor Ragnarock. Hell I still lose it when the Hulk punches Thor in Avengers. As for older movies Wayne's World, Uncle Buck, Rookie of The year are good for laughs as well.
By deadderek
I hate when this thread goes off topic...so...much...it...it...it...flames...flames, on the sides of my face, breathing...breathless...heaping breaths... heaping-
RichRyan1507, robbritton, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By back
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
Sigh... I was worried about all this from the 'Get-Go' :sigh:
Being a SERIOUS Ectomobile nerd I cant stand the INACCURACIES!!!!! I mean, What The F***?! What were they thinking? Did they even See the ORIGINAL movie?!
And then this is when I would love to throw around a bunch of Nouns describing the staff working on the flick. But I wont.
I went for a trip up (been working my ass off) last week, just shook my head and left, seriously... That Ecto is just F***ed. SO...
If thats any indication to where this film is headed in this So-Called "Love Letter to the Fans"... its starting to feel more And more like Im going to be paying $14.50 for a kick in the balls minute by minute.
EDIT: And who will notice the Inaccuracies? The Fans... The Audience its Supposed to be for. My 'Open' mind is Closing :roland:
back wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:38 am Sigh... I was worried about all this from the 'Get-Go' :sigh:
Being a SERIOUS Ectomobile nerd I cant stand the INACCURACIES!!!!! I mean, What The F***?! What were they thinking? Did they even See the ORIGINAL movie?!
And then this is when I would love to throw around a bunch of Nouns describing the staff working on the flick. But I wont.
I went for a trip up (been working my ass off) last week, just shook my head and left, seriously... That Ecto is just F***ed. SO...
If thats any indication to where this film is headed in this So-Called "Love Letter to the Fans"... its starting to feel more And more like Im going to be paying $14.50 for a kick in the balls minute by minute.
EDIT: And who will notice the Inaccuracies? The Fans... The Audience its Supposed to be for. My 'Open' mind is Closing :roland:
What inaccuracies?
groschopf liked this
Aside from the rear door logo being a tad oversized, as well as the necessary modifications done with the ladder/rear passenger door, it’s a pretty faithful recreation of the car in its GB1 configuration (without any of the glaring CVS restoration inaccuracies).
Alphagaia, Sav C, Kingpin and 2 others liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]