Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Kingpin
I have hope that if we are getting
This Post Contains Spoilers
that Jason will make a decent effort of it. I wasn't keen on the idea to begin with, but if this is the way going forward I'll just have to suck it up. I have faith in Jason. :)
BatDan, Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By BatDan
RichardLess wrote: August 12th, 2019, 9:57 am
SpaceBallz wrote: August 12th, 2019, 9:02 am

But that's what the actors want. Thats what the creators want. They dont want Ghostbusters to die with the OGs. I certainly dont want that. Indiana Jones is a solo character, he isn't a business franchise. We're going to see the team come back, but grab your squishy stress ball because we're getting new characters being introduced to carry on the legacy.
I didn't explain myself well enough. Of course it's inevitable that a new team comes on. I love Extreme Ghostbusters. But I think a better movie, one audiences would LOVE, is to have the OGB's as the Ghostbusters for the majority of the runtime. You can say something about age and being a hero and not wanting to let go. The end could be something like Avengers 2 where we see the new official Avengers line up. Or it ending with the Ribbon cutting of a brand new franchise in New Jersey...whatever. But audiences would love another big last ride with these characters suited up for most of the movie. Something like The Wild Bunch only a comedy. Remember Ghostbusters has always been about the mundane mixed with the fantastical & I think a GB3 with old Ghostbusters would be a great way to continue that.
I said before and i'll say it again. I can see this easily being Logan-Busters, albeit a much less-dark/depressing and more light hearted/comedy driven one, but Logan-Busters at the core, as in aging/retired heroes reluctantly being thrown into battle one last time with the help of young blood under the wing.

Very Uncertain (but not unlikely) we're getting that film in some capacity, but that's what i felt would be the best angle in order to send off the OGs to a new team.
RichRyan1507 liked this
My feeling is that we're getting 85% new kids and 15% old cast stuff, and I would further wonder if
I'd be okay with that. I don't need or want the "one last ride" film (and I especially don't want anything like Logan).
Last edited by tylergfoster on August 12th, 2019, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia liked this
janeb984 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:34 am
This is clearly something I totally missed somewhere! I'm intrigued - who or what is
tylergfoster liked this
By janeb984
robbritton wrote: August 12th, 2019, 2:39 pm
janeb984 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:34 am
This is clearly something I totally missed somewhere! I'm intrigued - who or what is
https://calgaryherald.com/entertainment ... er-skaters
So, its a casting call for a skating old lady, basically.

(Idk if that's a spoiler worthy comment.)
robbritton liked this
RedSpecial wrote: August 12th, 2019, 3:38 pm another teaser image from Jason
We should make bets on what kind of ghost went thru that sign.

Based on the size and the slime colour...as I said before? I'm thinking our old green friend is out and about causing a ruckus.

The fact that Jason shared the image is also interesting.

It's gotta be Slimer, right? What are the odds? 70%? Less? More?
DoctorVenkman liked this
janeb984 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 3:36 pm
robbritton wrote: August 12th, 2019, 2:39 pm

https://calgaryherald.com/entertainment ... er-skaters
So, its a casting call for a skating old lady, basically.

(Idk if that's a spoiler worthy comment.)
Cool, thank you! :)
RichardLess wrote:
RedSpecial wrote: August 12th, 2019, 3:38 pm another teaser image from Jason
We should make bets on what kind of ghost went thru that sign.

Based on the size and the slime colour...as I said before? I'm thinking our old green friend is out and about causing a ruckus.

The fact that Jason shared the image is also interesting.

It's gotta be Slimer, right? What are the odds? 70%? Less? More?
If I were a betting man I'd say so.
The damage on the leaked images that match up with this one would possibly mean that it's also what the focus was in the scene from yesterday's video.
By timeware
Someone brought up the possibility of a trap being left in the barn. I'm kind of leaning towards the possibility of a containment unit that may have been on the grounds that either Rudd or the kids release. Being out in the middle of nowhere rats chewing through the wires?

Maybe Egon gave Slimer an order to keep an eye on the barn and he either brings the kid's or Rudd to help with the escapees? I can see Slimer evading the kids under friendly fire.
By deadderek
It doesn't strike anyone as odd so far we have about 6 confirmed cast members this far in to filming?
RedSpecial liked this
By groschopf
deadderek wrote: August 13th, 2019, 11:51 am It doesn't strike anyone as odd so far we have about 6 confirmed cast members this far in to filming?
Not at all. This entire production is secretive. We didn't even know it was being made until that teaser trailer landed.

I'd have to imagine after the Sony studio hack in 2014 and the subsequent online pillorying of everything related to that film, the studio would just as soon keep everything under wraps for as long as possible.
Alphagaia, robbritton, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote: August 13th, 2019, 12:04 pm
deadderek wrote: August 13th, 2019, 11:51 am It doesn't strike anyone as odd so far we have about 6 confirmed cast members this far in to filming?
Not at all. This entire production is secretive. We didn't even know it was being made until that teaser trailer landed.

I'd have to imagine after the Sony studio hack in 2014 and the subsequent online pillorying of everything related to that film, the studio would just as soon keep everything under wraps for as long as possible.
Also, how many cast members out of how many cast members do you usually hear about being cast in any movie? Mckenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard, Celeste O'Connor, Logan Kim, Carrie Coon, and Paul Rudd are the leads/stars. The original cast, should they appear, might be considered a secret or a surprise, and may not be announced. The villains are presumably ghosts. Unless there's another headline performer or they announce the return of folks from the 1984 movie, we may not hear about anyone else being cast.
Last edited by tylergfoster on August 13th, 2019, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton liked this
RichRyan1507 wrote: August 14th, 2019, 8:38 am
timeware wrote: August 14th, 2019, 8:28 am I didn't see this idea posted here yet. What do people think about Walter Peck being a vengeful spirit as the main villain?
No.
Same here No. I know I bring these up a lot, Timeware have you read any of the Ongoing IDW comic run? If not I think you would enjoy just how much Walter Peck’s character has evolved from just the 2 dimensional bad guy from the film. He is still a bit of a jerk and a thorn in their side at times, but he has really started working with the Ghostbusters more as opposed to against them. He has even strapped on a Proton Pack himself to help a family friend. Even if it is not officially canon that is why I wouldn’t be too keen on seeing Peck as a vengeful spirit. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on August 14th, 2019, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
timeware wrote: August 14th, 2019, 8:28 am I didn't see this idea posted here yet. What do people think about Walter Peck being a vengeful spirit as the main villain?
Ghostbusters 1 Villian: An ancient Sumerian God

Ghostbusters 2 Villian: An evil, genocidal Tyrant from the 15th century trapped in a painting.

Ghostbusters 2020 Villian: Former EPA employee Walter Peck

...yeah that's going to be a hard "no" from me as well.

At least you didn't have him shouting 1980's catchphrases though.

In all seriousness though. I hope they have a really great scary, evil Villian. Ghostbusters villians are 2 for 2 in my opinion. I love Gozer. While Vigo still gives me the heeby jeebies. The mind reels at what kind of Villian we get. I hope Dan Aykroyd had some involvement in the villians creation.
RichRyan1507, philmorgan81, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 10:24 am
Ghostbusters 1 Villian: An ancient Sumerian God

Ghostbusters 2 Villian: An evil, genocidal Tyrant from the 15th century trapped in a painting.

Ghostbusters 2020 Villian: Former EPA employee Walter Peck

...yeah that's going to be a hard "no" from me as well.

At least you didn't have him shouting 1980's catchphrases though.

In all seriousness though. I hope they have a really great scary, evil Villian. Ghostbusters villians are 2 for 2 in my opinion. I love Gozer. While Vigo still gives me the heeby jeebies. The mind reels at what kind of Villian we get. I hope Dan Aykroyd had some involvement in the villians creation.

Same here. I am really excited at to see what we get there. I am hoping for a villain that we haven’t seen before, and I would love for it to be an apocalyptic event. I figure if the threat is bigger than anything else that has come before it, it would warrant Both the new crew of GBs and any of the returning original cast to help put a stop to it. Fingers crossed. :):):)
By Alphagaia
To be honest, I think this one is going to be small and personal.

You can only save the world so many times and I feel the new crew need a bit of a ladder to climb before we head off into (big budget) armegeddon territory. I mean, when you eat gods for breakfast on a daily basis you start to crave for something else. Let's start of light.

Maybe the next one, when the kids have matured a bit?
By Sav C
I'm so interested in seeing which direction Jason takes this movie. I also suspect it will be smaller, however both movies were significantly smaller than most tentpoles being made today, so it is hard to define smaller.
I think getting the comedy right is key to the tone. I can't wait to get some sense of the film's humor, since everything we've seen so far has mainly played into the iconography of the franchise.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: August 14th, 2019, 11:59 am To be honest, I think this one is going to be small and personal.

You can only save the world so many times and I feel the new crew need a bit of a ladder to climb before we head off into (big budget) armegeddon territory. I mean, when you eat gods for breakfast on a daily basis you start to crave for something else. Let's start of light.

Maybe the next one, when the kids have matured a bit?

I think that you can tell a personal story and still have the stakes be high. Something smaller in scale would be close to Jason’s comfort zone. Just taking the Story out of New York has already Scaled it down. I am just saying that a bigger threat might be a good excuse to have as many hands on deck for the climax. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on August 14th, 2019, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichRyan1507 liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]