Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Coover5 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:25 am Not going to post spoilers myself but if you want to find them go to google and search for Ghostbusters Afterlife leaks. after searching click the "tools" option. You'll be given two options: "any time" and "all results" Click the "any time" option and it will give you options to limit how far back you search. Click the option "Past week" That should help you find them.
Now that's odd the 1st link I get is someone saying "at a test screening last week".

I have severe doubts any test screenings for any movies are happening right now.
deadderek wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:42 am
Coover5 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:25 am Not going to post spoilers myself but if you want to find them go to google and search for Ghostbusters Afterlife leaks. after searching click the "tools" option. You'll be given two options: "any time" and "all results" Click the "any time" option and it will give you options to limit how far back you search. Click the option "Past week" That should help you find them.
Now that's odd the 1st link I get is someone saying "at a test screening last week".

I have severe doubts any test screenings for any movies are happening right now.

The 4chan one? it says "An anon xlaimed he went to a test screening of Afterlife, here is the plot leak from him:" Doesn't say when.
Ah, this is what I got...
This Post Contains Spoilers
edit: And based on the dates, this might be the original one, posted on thursday and all other ones posted friday. This one doesnt say when they saw it, just that they did. Could have been months ago...
Last edited by Kingpin on July 11th, 2020, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added img tags
I found that thread. I would recommend turning on your VPN before going into that message board. I've re-read those paragraphs about three times now, there's definitely some information that my brain needs to process.

Edit: Remember when J.K. Simmons said he knew "everything" about the new movie? Well, read his history with Jason Reitman, and maybe that leak post has some truth to it.
Corey91, Davideverona liked this

Now that I've had a chance to really process everything on that forum page, I have to say that if it is true, that it's very good. It's a pretty basic plot outline but overall seems to be cohesive. Only really die-hard followers even know about the mini-pufts at this point. I'm sure the movie will have some good exposition sequences that will simultaneously teach the young characters and new audience about who/what Ghostbusters was, and finally give long-time fans the juicy info on what happened between 1990 and 2020.

Throw in a few major/minor references to II, and maybe some of the expanded canon, and this should be well-worth the wait since I was 5 in 1992. In fact, if they decide to push the release-date back to Summer 2021 to increase its box-office potential and tweak it to dancing-toaster perfection, I'm all for it.
Davideverona, Corey91 liked this
deadderek wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:03 amI'll message Kingpin because I have a couple questions about posting potential spoilers here, even with a spoiler tag.
The thread does have [SPOILERS] in the title, so I'd say that's a fair warning.

Though, best put them behind spoiler tags, just to be on the safe side.
Corey91, Alphagaia liked this
pizzarat wrote: July 11th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Now that I've had a chance to really process everything on that forum page, I have to say that if it is true, that it's very good. It's a pretty basic plot outline but overall seems to be cohesive. Only really die-hard followers even know about the mini-pufts at this point. I'm sure the movie will have some good exposition sequences that will simultaneously teach the young characters and new audience about who/what Ghostbusters was, and finally give long-time fans the juicy info on what happened between 1990 and 2020.

Throw in a few major/minor references to II, and maybe some of the expanded canon, and this should be well-worth the wait since I was 5 in 1992. In fact, if they decide to push the release-date back to Summer 2021 to increase its box-office potential and tweak it to dancing-toaster perfection, I'm all for it.

They said there were a few references to GB2 which makes me soooooooooooo happy :)
pizzarat liked this
Corey91 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 2:22 pm
pizzarat wrote: July 11th, 2020, 1:39 pm

They said there were a few references to GB2 which makes me soooooooooooo happy :)
A shiver of joy just went up my spine. Hope it's not life-threatening. That is SO cool. Where did you read that?
Corey91 liked this
Fair warning that it's 4chan, so some of the comments and replies are straight f**** up not right, but there are more leaks in the comments by the OP covered in the black spoiler tags. Hope this helps!

You can find the spoilers/leaks here:
pizzarat liked this
For anyone who doesn't want to go on 4chan or just have an easier way of the supposed leaks:
Corey91 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:22 pm For anyone who doesn't want to go on 4chan or just have an easier way of the supposed leaks:
[/quote]

I'd like to ask questions on that thread, but it's apparently "archived" already? If Grooberson's name truly is "Jason", then the symbolic cherry-on-top would be if he's the bratty kid at the party in II. Even at age 5 I found that so disparaging of our heroes, but equally hilarious at an older age.
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:53 pm Not sure whether to believe this is or not but would have thought he/she would mention what has been going on with OGB’s since GB2. Surely that’s what many of us are keen to know?
It's possible the Statue of Liberty and Oscar references were in a larger monologue about what's happened.
Corey91 liked this
Corey91 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 4:20 pm It is just in the /tv/ thread which is 4chans tv and film thread, not in a ghostbusters thread. So I think this is just a casual viewer who got to go to a test screening. Not a lifelong fan like us who would try to recount everything we saw.

...unfortunately. lol
Yes, imagine the very visual details which are missing from the report! Hey...! Dean Yeager!
I find it odd that most posters here found the reddit leak from last year to be “bullshit” but are buying this 4chan leak. The 4chan leak doesn’t give us the names of Celeste O’Connor or Logan Kim’s characters. That’s pretty telling. A spec script might not, but a test screening definitely does. And O’Connor just happens to be Winston’s granddaughter? How convenient!
deadderek, Coover5, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
Anything from 4chan take with a pinch of salt...and a shot of penicillin.
JonXCTrack, Coover5, Corey91 and 2 others liked this
Corey91 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:22 pm For anyone who doesn't want to go on 4chan or just have an easier way of the supposed leaks:
[/quote]

Thanks for the summary. I really like everything about this, I hope its real.
Corey91 liked this
I don't know some of those sound alright, but others sound like bad fan fiction. Maybe there's some misinformation mixed with the real deal?
Something about the character played by celeste I want to know

within the context of the supposed leak has anyone seen mention that
Coover5 wrote:I don't think we find the reddit version bullshit and the 4chan version to be true. We can just live with the 4chan version better.

Winston having a granddaughter that conveniently lives in the same town that Egon’s grandchildren move to? That’s better? LOL Ok!
Kingpin liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]