Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: June 9th, 2021, 7:10 am So, since Finn wants to work at Spinners, are we going to get Finn Wolfhart trying to deliver food on skates?
He'll last a day. He's going to strap on the proton pack while wearing those skates to try and speed things up. Might singe a few eyebrows or grill a few cheese sandwhiches before hitting the wall at warp 9.
timeware wrote:
Alphagaia wrote: June 9th, 2021, 7:10 am So, since Finn wants to work at Spinners, are we going to get Finn Wolfhart trying to deliver food on skates?
He'll last a day. He's going to strap on the proton pack while wearing those skates to try and speed things up. Might singe a few eyebrows or grill a few cheese sandwhiches before hitting the wall at warp 9.
I think Finn will start out working there, but be terrible at the job. Unsteady on the skates, spilling food and drinks left and right, forgetting orders, etc. Next door there will be a mechanic. He'll eventually land a job with the mechanic and that will be how he fixes up Ecto-1.
I´m curious when all this is over, if the budget limitations of the movie, parts of the script had to be edited or removed completely. Did Jason and Gil know there would be some financial parameters while they were writing the script. While a girl finding a proton pack and a boy finding a broken Ecto-1 is simple enough. I just wonder if they had some good ideas that had to be scrapped because of money.

I think I´m in the minority in thinking yesterday would have been to early to release the trailer. I think or should be the second half of July. But yeah the marketing for this leaves a lot to be desired. I think it will be a moderate hit, just enough to keep more GB stories coming out in the future. I´m excited for Afterlife and Top Gun: Maverick in consecutive weeks.
pizzarat liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:08 am
timeware wrote:
I think Finn will start out working there, but be terrible at the job. Unsteady on the skates, spilling food and drinks left and right, forgetting orders, etc. Next door there will be a mechanic. He'll eventually land a job with the mechanic and that will be how he fixes up Ecto-1.
According to the known info he is already a tinkerer. Why wouldn't he just go to the mechanic first?
gbraider82 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:12 am I´m curious when all this is over, if the budget limitations of the movie, parts of the script had to be edited or removed completely. Did Jason and Gil know there would be some financial parameters while they were writing the script. While a girl finding a proton pack and a boy finding a broken Ecto-1 is simple enough. I just wonder if they had some good ideas that had to be scrapped because of money.
My guess is that the high cost of the previous Ghostbusters movie actually gave them a little bit of leeway. I would guess that this one was written with a clear vision of how it could cost significantly less, and thus have a lower bar to clear in terms of how much profit it needs to turn in order to be a hit for the studio.
gbraider82, SpaceBallz liked this
Uh guys:

Passing the Proton Pack from one generation to the next. Meet the filmmakers behind #Ghostbusters: Afterlife.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 9th, 2021, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
WE'VE SEEN MOST OF IT BUT NOT ALL OF IT!

There's several shots we haven't seen before including Callie and Roller Granny!
I'm trying to figure out the intention of the light on a stick. We talked about the possibility of Elton being Egon. I could definitely see that light being for Egon's ghost showing something to Callie. (even if the ghost here is more like a light orb) The movement for Callie seems slower so I'm guess it's a little moodier and not connected to the Phoebe shot.
robbritton, Kingpin liked this
Probably set lighting that will be removed in post if I had to guess. The video is behind the scenes...
groschopf, Alphagaia liked this
I'm guessing that was the fabled "pass the proton pack trailer" we've heard about.
deadderek, robbritton, groschopf and 1 others liked this
Coover5 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:25 am At the end....

Potts and Hudson being listed before Rudd? What do you make of that?
Rudd is being given the honorary "and" credit, which is a way of indicating/singling out an important player in the ensemble who's not the lead. The more relevant thing is it indicates that Ernie and Annie have significant supporting roles in the film.
gbraider82 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:16 amGoing back to the idea that they are the ones running things at the firehouse and are possibly married and get involved with the family first and are the ones in bringing everyone back.
Well, don't forget Jason's "not set at all in New York" from yesterday.
Corey91, Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 11:01 am
Coover5 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:25 am At the end....

Potts and Hudson being listed before Rudd? What do you make of that?
Rudd is being given the honorary "and" credit, which is a way of indicating/singling out an important player in the ensemble who's not the lead. The more relevant thing is it indicates that Ernie and Annie have significant supporting roles in the film.
gbraider82 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:16 amGoing back to the idea that they are the ones running things at the firehouse and are possibly married and get involved with the family first and are the ones in bringing everyone back.
Well, don't forget Jason's "not set at all in New York" from yesterday.

True. They may just randomly show up early on from NYC...don´t necessarily show the fire house.
Davideverona wrote: June 9th, 2021, 11:08 am
deadderek wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:49 am So guys, do you think Phoebe discovers Callie poking around based on this footage:

Where did you find this?
She has the same look my mother had when we had to help my grandmother with my grandfather's things after he passed away.
It's from the "Pass the Proton Pack" YouTube video that just went up.
Davideverona, Alphagaia liked this
It still messes with my head seeing Ecto 1 in this condition
deadderek wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:49 am So guys, do you think Phoebe discovers Callie poking around based on this footage:

I couldn't help noticing the box of Cheez-Its on the lower left in that gif. I guess Egon was still eating them in his later years

Last edited by Wafflerobot on June 9th, 2021, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 9th, 2021, 11:26 am Don't mind me. I'm just sitting here for 15 minutes after having my first Pfizer shot. Woot woot!

Also, dead, ya forgot to use the YouTube code again!
Was WAY too busy to futz with doing anything other than copying and pasting the link.

My team and I are making prep plans for an outdoor screening of GB this weekend, but then all of a sudden the video gets dropped. So then I had to rip the video to share in some places, then screengrab stills, and lastly make the wonderful gif images you see.

Then to top it all off we've been holding off on announcing our big fundraiser until post GB Day and the outdoor screening.

Doing everything by the book/law is somewhat exhausting (seriously the red tape is mind boggling), but it will be worth it in the end.

Just been SUPER busy with Ghostbusters stuff the past few days.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
I remember when someone said that Ecto-1 image was poster-ready, so this quick edit was put together. Shoulda made the bottom left text say "November 11" since I think it did get officially sticked. Cheers to November!

Also I'm glad there's something a bit more to the vignette since the last time I saw it back in June 2020. I think that theory that the OG's being introduced as a surprise in some form in the legit movie is a better tactic for the marketing instead of hammering their presence in and makin people ready to get let down.
deadderek, Kingpin, Glenn Frederick and 3 others liked this
Ernie has said that Winston’s back story is explained more so I’m interested in seeing how much screen time he gets.

Perhaps after being hung up on Egon for so long, Janine marries Winston after Egon passes...she still misses him and they decide to go visit his home in OK. When they get there they meet the family and at this time, the kids have already discovered the equipment etc. Winston tries to help but sees that more help will be needed so he begins to start to get the other guys to come. I’m sure this has been rehashed and thought of already
deadderek, Sav C liked this

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]