Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
SpaceBallz wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am I dont think any of those attachments will be in the movie, just toy stuff.
They actually do creative cool but toyish things with the old stuff in the movie (because, well they are kids at the end of the day). Saw something, but not much.
However, it's not Impossible the Hasbro kids stuff is indeed influenced by what happens in the story.
groschopf liked this
deadderek wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 4:54 pm So Walmart removed the retro figures from the site... :/
You would think by today this is what we all would be seeing on their website.

But NOOOOooOOOOoo.

I was going to send this over to them telling them that's how its supposed to be done. Seriously, what is the deal with these pre-orders? Are they dropping the ball or did Hasbro?
Prime 1986 wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 7:56 amhttps://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... lsrc=aw.ds
Did anyone pick up how it says "adapter"? For What? a Proton Pack?!

"Includes: wand, adapter, display stand, and instructions."
Maybe some add-ons for sale later? Or for prop folks to fab their own?
groschopf wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 10:09 am ... the more I look at the pics of the wand, the less I think that's a wooden rifle grip. A wooden grip would be too thick -- and the distressing suggests a coating was worn off to a brownish coating. The areas furthest from where hands would grip it are still black. I suppose you could get that effect with painted wood, but the thickness and pop rivets hang me up.

It's not the pool tool grip I showed above, but I feel like it's something akin to it -- a piece of 1/8" thick rubber with grooves molded onto one side.
Would the pump on a BB shotgun be the same size as a real shotgun? Like a Marksman Plainsman?
groschopf liked this
I actually just had a random thought about the iconic monster they might fight in this movie. Stay Puft was the first one. Then the Statue Of Liberty was used to help them. But since they're releasing the blue Twinkies, and Egon used the Twinkie in the first film to describe the horrors of what was possible, what if in this movie a Twinkie came to life??? It is late and I REALLY need to go to bed! LOL!

The marshmallow liqueur no longer has a website, it just redirects to the liquor company site instead. I messaged them and was told it's "not scheduled for production at this time."

Hmmmm I wonder if it's still going to happen or not...

It was at ghostbustersspirits.com for those interested.
deadderek wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 10:49 pmImage

The marshmallow liqueur no longer has a website, it just redirects to the liquor company site instead. I messaged them and was told it's "not scheduled for production at this time."

Hmmmm I wonder if it's still going to happen or not...

It was at ghostbustersspirits.com for those interested.
I wondered what the heck happened to that. That website launched almost a year ago, and then nothing. Darn shame, I was looking forward to drinking that.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 10:15 pm Probably for the best to ask Kingpin to move everything related to the 2020 prop thread.
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=46086
I'll make the move after I get home from work.
timeware wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 12:38 am Ten bucks says says Slimer's in that trap the kids find.
It's more likely Muncher's in the Trap.
Glow in the Dark wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 8:40 pm Do you have confirmation of that? Their force fx lightsabers are aluminum.
You can see the separation lines for the upper and lower halves, which to me confirms it's injection-molded plastic:

mrmichaelt, groschopf, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
timeware wrote: February 24th, 2020, 8:01 am An all aluminum pack wouldn't be cost effective I think, and would probably be about two grand if produced. I'm basing that off the price of E bay packs with all the whistles.
I built my own pack using all aluminium parts, with the exception of the shell, and it cost nearly $3,000. My thrower alone was $250.
Dr.D, SpaceBallz liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: February 24th, 2020, 3:53 pm
timeware wrote: February 24th, 2020, 8:01 am An all aluminum pack wouldn't be cost effective I think, and would probably be about two grand if produced. I'm basing that off the price of E bay packs with all the whistles.
I built my own pack using all aluminium parts, with the exception of the shell, and it cost nearly $3,000. My thrower alone was $250.
$3k... Australian dollars? If so, that's $1,985 US.

That's not much more expensive than it took to build my pack out of mostly non-aluminum parts.
What worries me the most is that Walmart is going to drop the link live for the RGB figures when no one is looking, and the scalpers will snatch them all up. This sucks so much.
SpaceBallz wrote: February 25th, 2020, 4:52 am Stay Puft is being featured prominently in the toys and products, thinking he'll make a return?
I wondered about that myself. Someone here suggested he could be part of the video footage the kids see from the crossrip. I hope it's just that and in-world product like the set design suggested with the Stay Puft marshmallow ad painted on old building.
SpaceBallz liked this
deadderek wrote: February 25th, 2020, 3:58 am What worries me the most is that Walmart is going to drop the link live for the RGB figures when no one is looking, and the scalpers will snatch them all up. This sucks so much.

If you go to the Walmart item pages, you can get an email alert when the items are "back in stock," so presumably when they're available to pre-order.

I just hope they're producing enough so that supply is greater than the scalpers' demand.
Coover5, back liked this
groschopf wrote: February 25th, 2020, 5:33 am
SpaceBallz wrote: February 25th, 2020, 4:52 am Stay Puft is being featured prominently in the toys and products, thinking he'll make a return?
I wondered about that myself. Someone here suggested he could be part of the video footage the kids see from the crossrip. I hope it's just that and in-world product like the set design suggested with the Stay Puft marshmallow ad painted on old building.
At first I thought that they were just pandering to the nostalgia, but then we have the munchers ghost with the others. And gozer did get blown up as stay puft, we do see a terror dog..hmm.
Stay Puft in open country would be a hell of a threat. Not much to slow him down without buildings in the way.

As fans, I feel like we've seen him come back in one form of another so many times that we're not interested -- the cartoons, the comics, even that dumb balloon in 2016.

But the general public... they might be up for another round.

All that said, I hope he's just relegated to video clips or flashbacks.
deadderek liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]