Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
By John Stevens 87
I've spent over 2 weeks on the roof rack i've never built a big time model before.i've been watching the movie back to back to get the roof rack as accurate as it can be.the ref pics have been a big help :D thank you GB_Fans.

This is what i have so far :)

Roof-Rack (Not complete)

and remember the inside of the roof-rack is (NOT) black it's white same as the Original ECTO in the first movie ;)
By John Stevens 87
Thanks for the feedback Havoc & Slay,means alot.i'll have more pics today of the (Cadillac body & interior) I got really upset last night with the damn decals.i was putting the second decal on the (Red Tank) and it was all going so well then the phone rings and "sLiP" it made me jump making me rip the decal in the process :( i really hope one of you will be kind enough to re-print the sheet in the future.really hope your decal work goes to plan :blush:
By John Stevens 87
CaptCyan wrote:Nice start on the Roof Rack. Your reference work really shows through.
Thanks mate,that meas alot coming from you as your model work is "out of this world" :D your work on the Matty Figures & Rookie is Phenomenal...sorry for going off topic ;)
By slaysghosts
John Stevens 87 wrote: i really hope one of you will be kind enough to re-print the sheet in the future.really hope your decal work goes to plan :blush:

Dude. My signature....Look below!
By John Stevens 87
slaysghosts wrote:
John Stevens 87 wrote: i really hope one of you will be kind enough to re-print the sheet in the future.really hope your decal work goes to plan :blush:

Dude. My signature....Look below!
You are a life saver.i'll be putting an order down when i get my work money come in.now that i know i'll have another decal sheet i can relax.thanks Slay :D
By elsoldao7
Very nice! I hope to start mine soon!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By CaptCyan
Roof Rack looks very good and the Interior is off to a fine start. Keep those updates coming and please explain any deviations / improvements you make along the way..
By John Stevens 87
Small update,i'm getting there :sigh:

Body

Roof Rack (small update)

Inside Floor (Now Silver)

Some of the tools i use

Now the (Black marker) i use for small parts that i find hard to paint for example the little black stripes on the yellow tanks on the side of the roof rack,i just find and think it's more accurate to use.the (silver uni-marker) i used for the little Aerial Antennas on the front of the roof-rack again more easy and accurate for me to use.As for the body of the ecto i gave it a good clean down with the wipes it really brings out a good shine and i also use them on the chrome parts ;)
slaysghosts wrote:Great ideas! What did you use for your (Radome?)? The yellow round guy that AMT left out?
The little Yellow tank thing "e" lol is left overs from the (polar lights ECTO-1 model kit) that i never got round to building :blush: .i'm sure havoc has done the same.i'm gonna be busy the next 3 weeks so i'm not going to get much chance to build :( hope all goes well to you slay.all the best,good luck ;)
By darthbuster
John Stevens 87 wrote:
and remember the inside of the roof-rack is (NOT) black it's white same as the Original ECTO in the first movie ;)

I missed that detail and started painting mine black. oh well. I think I'll leave it that way, but where did you get the reference pic? I searched here and it looked black from what i could see.

By the way, really nice clean work.
By Fritz
darthbuster wrote:I missed that detail and started painting mine black. oh well. I think I'll leave it that way, but where did you get the reference pic? I searched here and it looked black from what i could see.

By the way, really nice clean work.
In Darth's defense, after looking through the reference pics section, it is hard to tell. The LED sign board obscures it pretty well in most of the pictures

I think this one from the Equipment > Reference > Restoration Project Part 1 section is about the best one I've found:

http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/im ... /30/26.jpg

Though this one shows it pretty well also:

Equipment > Reference > Actual Ecto-1a

http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/im ... e/19/5.jpg

But it is almost one of those "You gotta know what you're supposed to be looking for" things. It may be less 'accurate" but looks fine in black (It's the way I painted my original ECTO-1A model twenty years ago, because I didn't know any better either)

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]