Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By PhobosRandom
Hi, I'm right in the middle of modifying my first proton pack and wanted to know if you had any suggestion on hose to connect the pack to the wand.I find the original too stiff(i've already tried cutting it in half but i'm not really happy of the result), plus I'm not sure it will fit the new 14 pin ribbon cable.
CitizenBuster wrote:3/4" split loom. Unsplit is fine, but not as flexible.
I also tried that but I find it still too stiff, maybe I got a bad one. Isaw some were using some weird guardening hose, I wandered if they were good.
PhobosRandom wrote: February 27th, 2024, 1:06 pm
CitizenBuster wrote:3/4" split loom. Unsplit is fine, but not as flexible.
I also tried that but I find it still too stiff, maybe I got a bad one. Isaw some were using some weird guardening hose, I wandered if they were good.
Try the Pocket Hose Silver Bullet. Pretty sure I'm not the only one using it, it looks (mostly) like splitless loom, but is MUCH more flexible. And, since it's a fabric exterior, it won't make god awful noises when it flexes (I'm looking at you split loom) and it won't bend in super weird ways. 10/10, best hose I've ever used. (Never use 3/4in pond tubing, worst mistake of my life)
PhobosRandom liked this
The_Y33TER wrote: February 28th, 2024, 8:07 am
PhobosRandom wrote: February 27th, 2024, 1:06 pm
Try the Pocket Hose Silver Bullet. Pretty sure I'm not the only one using it, it looks (mostly) like splitless loom, but is MUCH more flexible. And, since it's a fabric exterior, it won't make god awful noises when it flexes (I'm looking at you split loom) and it won't bend in super weird ways. 10/10, best hose I've ever used. (Never use 3/4in pond tubing, worst mistake of my life)
Okay, I know it's been a while but thanks for the answer. I think I saw someone use it in a video, I'll check that again. Do you know if there is enough space in it to fit the 14pin ribbon cable. Because the hose looks really cool, but seems a bit tight.
The_Y33TER liked this
PhobosRandom wrote: March 7th, 2024, 12:09 pm
The_Y33TER wrote: February 28th, 2024, 8:07 am

Okay, I know it's been a while but thanks for the answer. I think I saw someone use it in a video, I'll check that again. Do you know if there is enough space in it to fit the 14pin ribbon cable. Because the hose looks really cool, but seems a bit tight.
READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE DOING
I'm using the frankengeek kit at some point (since I have a spirit pack), which is only 4 pin, so it will be easier, but the same strategy will be used.
I'll go over it in a step by step for clarity.

1. Cut the silver bullet to the required length, use lighter to prevent fraying.
2. Obtain 1/4 inch internal diameter yellow latex surgical tubing for flex and ribbon protection.
3. Slit the SURGICAL TUBING (not silver bullet) and roll up the ribbon so it's round and put it inside the hose bit by bit, doing step 4 in the process
4. Tape the hose at an interval, 1-2 inches, nice electrical tape. Put ribbon inside, tape, more ribbon, tape, more ribbon, repeat.
5a. Tape connector inline with hose, will be difficult
5b. [!! TAKE A PHOTO FIRST !!] Push in metal flaps on the bottom of the connector and remove the wires and CAREFULLY tape the wires together, I would cover the ends with a short slit scrap of latex tubing, then taping over the ENTIRE scrap to keep it on and shut. Take scrap off when finished with step 6.
6. Push latex hose as far as you can, then push the section of the hose together, not squeezing the interior hose, then squeezing tighter on the outer hose as you pull the inner hose through, then repeat until it's the whole way through.
7a. Attach hose to pack and wand, plug them in, easy
7b. Reassemble the JST, then connect it all together.
Somewhat simple.
EDIT: MUCH EASIER STRATEGY:
Create the Latex hose as shown above and tape it to the clear hose BEFORE REMOVING IT FROM THE OUTER HOSE, then carefully PULL THE INNER HOSE OUT THROUGH THE OTHER END. It will act like a built in fish tape.
PhobosRandom liked this
The_Y33TER wrote:READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE DOING
I'm using the frankengeek kit at some point (since I have a spirit pack), which is only 4 pin, so it will be easier, but the same strategy will be used.

1. Cut the silver bullet to the required length, use lighter to prevent fraying.
2. Obtain 1/4 inch internal diameter yellow latex surgical tubing for flex and ribbon protection.
3. Slit the SURGICAL TUBING (not silver bullet) and roll up the ribbon so it's round and put it inside the hose bit by bit, doing step 4 in the process
4. Tape the hose at an interval, 1-2 inches, nice electrical tape. Put ribbon inside, tape, more ribbon, tape, more ribbon, repeat.
5b. [!! TAKE A PHOTO FIRST !!] Push in metal flaps on the bottom of the connector and remove the wires and CAREFULLY tape the wires together, I would cover the ends with a short slit scrap of latex tubing, then taping over the ENTIRE scrap to keep it on and shut. Take scrap off when finished with step 6.
6. Push latex hose as far as you can, then push the section of the hose together, not squeezing the interior hose, then squeezing tighter on the outer hose as you pull the inner hose through, then repeat until it's the whole way through.
Somewhat simple.
Create the Latex hose as shown above and tape it to the clear hose BEFORE REMOVING IT FROM THE OUTER HOSE, then carefully PULL THE INNER HOSE OUT THROUGH THE OTHER END. It will act like a built in fish tape.
Okay, i'll need to read that a bunch more time as I'm not an english speaker, but I think I understand how to do it. I'll finnish the electronics on my pack and then i'll do that.
Thanks for your precious halp mate !
PhobosRandom wrote: March 20th, 2024, 12:23 pm
The_Y33TER wrote:READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE DOING

Somewhat simple.
Okay, i'll need to read that a bunch more time as I'm not an english speaker, but I think I understand how to do it. I'll finnish the electronics on my pack and then i'll do that.
Thanks for your precious halp mate !
If you need any clarification at all, PM me or just respond here. I’ll do my best to respond quick. :love:
PhobosRandom liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The_Y33TER wrote: March 20th, 2024, 8:20 pm
If you need any clarification at all, PM me or just respond here. I’ll do my best to respond quick. :love:
Hey, I'm starting to look at what I need to order for this. As I'm in france I can't order the pocket hose silver bullet, but I think I've found some alternative.
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08TFK ... Z2A1KZQ0X2
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07X38 ... SMJWADKVNX
Can you tell me if it will be all I need to order or if I need anything else?
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

PhobosRandom wrote: March 29th, 2024, 3:49 am
The_Y33TER wrote: March 20th, 2024, 8:20 pm
Hey, I'm starting to look at what I need to order for this. As I'm in france I can't order the pocket hose silver bullet, but I think I've found some alternative.
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08TFK ... Z2A1KZQ0X2
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07X38 ... SMJWADKVNX
Can you tell me if it will be all I need to order or if I need anything else?
Make sure you have sharp scissors for the Latex hose. Look for Scotch branded Super 88 Electrical Tape. Good stuff, won't come off. Otherwise, that's great!
The_Y33TER wrote: March 30th, 2024, 10:15 pm
Make sure you have sharp scissors for the Latex hose. Look for Scotch branded Super 88 Electrical Tape. Good stuff, won't come off. Otherwise, that's great!
Well I already have some elctrical tape, and a scissors to cut metal, si that should do the trick. I'll keep you updated when I receive everything.
PhobosRandom wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 2:52 am
The_Y33TER wrote: March 30th, 2024, 10:15 pm
Well I already have some elctrical tape, and a scissors to cut metal, si that should do the trick. I'll keep you updated when I receive everything.
Gotcha! Wish ya luck!

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]