For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Hi everyone, i was messing around today with a old gb build that i have and surprising the multiplayer loaded through Xenia NetPlay. Update: and the final version works now. Still you can't play a normal game because if you load up a level cpu usage goes to 100% and the game runs on 1 fps

I will update this post with new information if i managed to fix the game

UPDATE: 21-8-2023

The game now loads all levels and plays around 3-5fps depending on the level

To do it change the cores that xenia can use to 1 core (0 core) but play around a bit till the level loads

For more updates join my discord: https://discord.gg/j5G8wtRF9a

UPDATE: 23-8-2023
Now Zombie(Ed),Ghoul And Mayor can be modded back to the game

Peck,Grant,Jason,Ethereal Models can't be loaded to a playable character but can be loaded as a model with no face textures

UPDATE: 25-8-2023
New gameplay and info about the low fps, "the fps isn't really low, is just stalling" words form the netplay dev and when asked about if he could fix it he replied with "I’m not too sure I’m taking a break at the moment, but it looks like something is blocking the main thread all the networking is done synchronously so kinda makes sense. I had a look at the network API calls and they are not spammed so must be something else "

So i believe in the next month we can achieve playable fps

UPDATE: 25-10-2023
New gameplay, the game is semi-playable the game loads and the level it plays normal on 30 fps (if the fps is more than 30 the game bugs out) after 3-5 minutes the game bugs out like before and crashes, i believe its a memory leak

Here are some screenshots
:
2K RES (natively)
Cut MP Model

Video:

(NEW)
Last edited by sakis720 on October 25th, 2023, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
One time wrote: September 10th, 2023, 5:32 pm Any more news on this? Sounds awesome.
Sadly no new news yet I'm waiting on the Netplay developer to fix the cpu-gpu problem
One time liked this
sakis720 wrote: September 12th, 2023, 2:03 pm
One time wrote: September 10th, 2023, 5:32 pm Any more news on this? Sounds awesome.
Sadly no new news yet I'm waiting on the Netplay developer to fix the cpu-gpu problem
Does this have to do with the CPU=GPU optimiztion of the base (original) game? It had terrible optimization on PC.

The remaster fixed that FPS performance (although the RM needs a whole new 3D Helix mod if you want to play in 3D)
One time wrote: September 18th, 2023, 2:52 pm
sakis720 wrote: September 12th, 2023, 2:03 pm

Does this have to do with the CPU=GPU optimiztion of the base (original) game? It had terrible optimization on PC.

The remaster fixed that FPS performance (although the RM needs a whole new 3D Helix mod if you want to play in 3D)
It has something to do in the networking of GB on xbox 360 this is why it uses only the CPU when you load into a level the GPU is used normally on the main menu but for some reason the game decides to not use the GPU after a level loads, also when you load a level the game doesn't utilize the CPU you run the game after the main menu on 1 fps only if you put the emulator to use only 1 core the game runs on 6fps
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]