For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Bison256 wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:20 pm I'm going to bet that we won't get a preview of frozen empire related content until after the 22nd. So the actually patch won't drop until April or May. God a hope it's not to buggy.
For the January update, they did split it up. Paid DLC on January 18 and patch on January 31. They could do the same but maybe opposite, the patch this coming week and next DLC at the end of the month.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 10th, 2024, 11:44 pm
Bison256 wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:20 pm I'm going to bet that we won't get a preview of frozen empire related content until after the 22nd. So the actually patch won't drop until April or May. God a hope it's not to buggy.
For the January update, they did split it up. Paid DLC on January 18 and patch on January 31. They could do the same but maybe opposite, the patch this coming week and next DLC at the end of the month.
There was paid DLC?
Hairy Biker wrote: March 11th, 2024, 7:32 pm Unlockable patches in game or new?

I must have missed it.
From what I recall, you buy this cosmetic pack, the shells and patches are automatically added to your collection. Don't have to do anything to unlock - some did have to restart their session or something. They were brand new patches, can only get them from buying the pack. 5 total.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 11th, 2024, 7:42 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: March 11th, 2024, 7:32 pm Unlockable patches in game or new?

I must have missed it.
From what I recall, you buy this cosmetic pack, the shells and patches are automatically added to your collection. Don't have to do anything to unlock - some did have to restart their session or something. They were brand new patches, can only get them from buying the pack. 5 total.
Only shells I haven't unlocked are the 2016 ones.

I've tenured up a few times so its always a reset for me.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 14th, 2024, 2:55 am Hmm, wonder if the new ghosts will be like Samhain and co. were. Garakka and the other 2 will be elemental e.g. since Garakka is ice, another would be fire and a third would be wind or earth. And then maybe/hopefully new cinematics/story.
Honestly, I feel like if they're adding Garakka, it'll be the 4th Overlord class (hey, Ectoplast can't be the ONLY class with 4 variations).

I could see Pukey being a brand new class or even a new minion type.

In all honesty though, I think going forward, updates will be farther apart and smaller in content than what we're used to.
okay, easiest way to do this: set up your gear for max damage (if you need advice for that, let me know). Next, set up a private match and go to the museum. IGNORE the ghost and just shoot everything: every glass panel, every statue, the whale, even the marble pillars. I think you need $500,000-ish of damage for it to be totally destroyed
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: March 15th, 2024, 2:03 am okay, easiest way to do this: set up your gear for max damage (if you need advice for that, let me know). Next, set up a private match and go to the museum. IGNORE the ghost and just shoot everything: every glass panel, every statue, the whale, even the marble pillars. I think you need $500,000-ish of damage for it to be totally destroyed
Sick! Thanks mate,

Whats the max damage adjustments?
My pack is set for busting ghosts not busting sh*t
Hairy Biker wrote: March 15th, 2024, 2:53 pm
zeta otaku wrote: March 15th, 2024, 2:03 am okay, easiest way to do this: set up your gear for max damage (if you need advice for that, let me know). Next, set up a private match and go to the museum. IGNORE the ghost and just shoot everything: every glass panel, every statue, the whale, even the marble pillars. I think you need $500,000-ish of damage for it to be totally destroyed
Sick! Thanks mate,

Okay, so here's the build I use:

Thrower -

Cryo Venter
Focused Tip
Gripped Tape Handles
Stream Amplifier
Active Heat Isolator

Pack -

Centrifugal Thruster (really anything works here)
Cyclical Exhaust Port
Nitrogen Expansion Tank
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: March 15th, 2024, 3:38 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: March 15th, 2024, 2:53 pm

Sick! Thanks mate,

Okay, so here's the build I use:

Thrower -

Cryo Venter
Focused Tip
Gripped Tape Handles
Stream Amplifier
Active Heat Isolator

Pack -

Centrifugal Thruster (really anything works here)
Cyclical Exhaust Port
Nitrogen Expansion Tank
Worked a treat! Thanks mate.
Got it done.
zeta otaku liked this
Happy to help! Now that we can keep hot swap builds, keep that one on reserve. It comes in handy if you have an annoying ghosts that keeps hopping through objects to get away, you can QUICKLY remove those objects (your tether time will be for shit, though... you now have one job and that's to delete objects).

Just note: there's currently a bug known as the "flatline glitch" that happens when you switch gear during a match. This glitch affects your PKE meter and it won't show an arcs or what level the ghost is on.
Hairy Biker, Christof liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: March 14th, 2024, 11:39 pm I'm trying to do the Answer The Call side hustle and I'm struggling with the "Totally Destroy 3 Locations" part.

Whats the method to that? I can barely destroy a room in the game time, yet alone a whole location.
Here’s what I did.
- Go to the prison
- Destroy all of the glass display cases on the outer areas
For me at the time, it gave me catastrophic status on the third one. Super easy if it’s not patched.
Hairy Biker liked this
1.8.0 coming next week!

What we ABSOLUTELY know:

- some bug fixes
- Samhain fight will be repeatable
- FE Big Bad Evil Guy will be another bounty in a frozen over version of the subway map
- FE pack and thrower shells
- several new shirt logos
- 2 new flight suit skins (an electric blue and a frosty version of the OG khaki)
- firehouse and alley will be frozen over.
- more cosmetics coming
-not everything was revealed in the stream, so stuff like balance changes and such weren't mentioned.
A relief for many fans I bet that this is a free DLC.

Nice to hear the Samhain battle will be replayble and the holiday tints are still coming soon.

The limited time community milestone challenge are interesting idea. Just when this thread was discussing the best way to do destroy locations, lol.

Wonder if there will be cutscenes to go with Garakka. Or if any of the FE cast will be NPCs. The new ending cutscene hinted at the Spenglers and Podcast coming.
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]