Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Saw something on reddit. Some guys said that at the end of the movie the Gbettes ends up in the firehouse and find an old reel with the voices of Ray, Peter, Egon and Dana during her examination in the first movie. Does anyone know something about it?

I know from the reddit leak that Patty hear "Zuul"...but the OGB voices is a new one.
That's a lot better than just hearing ZUUL come from the Reel. It does raise some questions. Makes me look forward to the end of the film. What is going on in this movie? Does it want nothing to do with the original 2 films? or is it in the same world? Where did they even find that Reel? I really hope that the movie is good enough to get these questions possibly answered in the next film.

Good luck getting any of the Reboot cast to return after all the hate they were hit with.

Well was already looking forward to seeing the film with the small hope of a solid connection to the original universe. Nice to see that my hope may not be waisted. :):):)
It would be interesting the presence of the tape is just one of the known ramifications of Rowan's cross rip. Based on what we saw in the trailers and TV spots with the Times Square scene, we can assume the sudden influx of negatively charged psychokinetic energy placed a strain on the space-time continuum on a local level and the severe discontinuity from a such a rift on the time fabric led to chrono-synclastic infundibulum, a world totally without progression from past to present to future. Multiple eras of time happening all at once. An endless chaotic ever present now. You wish they crossed the streams. Maybe some things/people got stuck in the universe of this movie to compensate for the Time Slip and restore the cosmic balance!
mrmichaelt wrote:It would be interesting the presence of the tape is just one of the known ramifications of Rowan's cross rip. Based on what we saw in the trailers and TV spots with the Times Square scene, we can assume the sudden influx of negatively charged psychokinetic energy placed a strain on the space-time continuum on a local level and the severe discontinuity from a such a rift on the time fabric led to chrono-synclastic infundibulum, a world totally without progression from past to present to future. Multiple eras of time happening all at once. An endless chaotic ever present now. You wish they crossed the streams. Maybe some things/people got stuck in the universe of this movie to compensate for the Time Slip and restore the cosmic balance!

Makes sense to me. ;) I'll take it. :):):) Remember Time is the only thing keeping everything from happening all at once. ;)
mrmichaelt liked this
I took a glance at the reddit thread and didn't see any verification, in fact the ending with the tape player isn't the ending of the novelization. The only mention of the Dana interview is in that website article above.
WhoaFoogles wrote:Even setting aside the petulant jackassery of that terrible subreddit... the actual excerpts from the novelization are pretty disheartening.
Don't forget this novelization is the kids version. Which should explain the choice of words and simple sentences. The writer is known for kids stories and another, a much bigger novel is coming out in a few weeks.
Last edited by Alphagaia on June 16th, 2016, 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpaceBallz wrote:I took a glance at the reddit thread and didn't see any verification, in fact the ending with the tape player isn't the ending of the novelization. The only mention of the Dana interview is in that website article above.
To add to that, a forum member posted here has said he's read the novelisation that's on Amazon, and this is what he noted regarding the multiverse rumour:
MagicPrime wrote:There is no mention of any multiverse elements in the novelization that released on Amazon.
Now on the one hand, this may simply refer to an older version of the script that may not have had the multiverse elements in it when it was passed to the novelisation writer.

It may also mean that the Reddit claims are false, and the multiverse angle is just a rumour, nothing more.
Sav C liked this
SpaceBallz wrote:I took a glance at the reddit thread and didn't see any verification, in fact the ending with the tape player isn't the ending of the novelization. The only mention of the Dana interview is in that website article above.
You have to look trough ALL the comments.
Kingpin wrote:
To add to that, a forum member posted here has said he's read the novelisation that's on Amazon, and this is what he noted regarding the multiverse rumour:
MagicPrime wrote:There is no mention of any multiverse elements in the novelization that released on Amazon.
Now on the one hand, this may simply refer to an older version of the script that may not have had the multiverse elements in it when it was passed to the novelisation writer.

It may also mean that the Reddit claims are false, and the multiverse angle is just a rumour, nothing more.
A rumor in wich Reitman is very interested, Feig said it himself.
Sav C liked this
From what I've seen over on Reddit and other places, people have seen that Patty listens to the tape and then asks the others "who's Zuul?". I think people have then gotten confused and have jumped to the conclusion that she's listening to the Dana interview. I haven't seen anyone say that they have seen this first hand. The guys who read the novel say the end is completely different in there (so count that out), and the original plot leak said that it happens as I've written here. I still don't think we'll see any connection to the original movies.
In the reddit about the novel, a guy says that the original Zuul ending has been updated to the Dana interview one.

What about this: at some moment in time a powerful demon wiped all mankind memories about the Ghostbusters. He wiped the Gb memories about themselves too, leading them to believe to be someone else.

Abby, Erin and Jillian has studied the paranormal all their lives and when ghosts run amok they comes up with their logo and equipment.

At the end they find the Dana interview and start wondering who are the people speaking in the tape.

Obviously, the memory wiping should be explained in the next movie.
I can't instill enough into everyone that with every leak I have seen and read including that novelization on Amazon. There is NO connection to the old continuity. There are some moments where they might re-use a line or include a site gag of the original movie. But there is no story link between the two.

Now they may have added something very late in post-reshoots to connect the movies due to the backlash, but if they did it wasn't included in the children's novelization (the full novelization comes out on June 28th).

I know that a lot of us hope that there is some kind of connection, despite all the evidence to the contrary. But all sources point to it being a HARD reboot. No multi-verse.

Take that as you will.

The ending as has been described is a cold close with Patty saying, "Who is Zuul?" then cutting right to the closing credits with the GB Theme playing. Even if there is mention of Zuul at the end that doesn't mean they are doing the multiverse -- it just means they are using an iconic name.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
This article is the only thing I've found that might be the source for this new Dana interview rumour
https://www.scified.com/news/15-things- ... ers-reboot

It says "Yet a rumored plot leak, which has yet to be discredited suggests that during the movie the new Ghostbusters purchase the No. 8 Hook and Ladder firehouse, finding within a tape recording from Dana Barrett's examination by Dr.'s Stantz, Spengler and Venkman". I really think he's talking about the Reddit Stantz1984 plot leak in which case he has completely changed what was written in that leak to make it a multiverse thing instead of them just trying to introduce Zuul for a (possible) sequel .

If there is another plot leak out there that does actually point to this, please let me have the link.
I gotta say, if that scenario proposed in the article that you've quoted wound up and was actually want we saw on screen, it's actually a little bit lame. Not to mention the sheer coincidence that both teams of Ghostbusters would happy own the very same Firehouse, decades apart from each other.
Sav C liked this
If it fits the story, I hope they end in like the first two, where they save the day and come out to a cheering crowd, get in their car, and drive away, all while the (original version of the) theme song is playing behind them. :)
If something like that were to happen I don't think there'd be a "memory wipe" as some people are proposing, I'd say it would have something to do with that time shift/portal thing towards the end and things would have "leaked over" to this universe.
Sav C, Herring14 liked this
montclaire wrote:I wouldn't push for the memory wipe theory, because that would mean
This Post Contains Spoilers
That'll be the easiest way to get me not to consider the film in canon, if it is connected to the first two.
Raystantz Italy wrote:It IS not canon.
I know that, I'm not stupid. I'm just saying that if the
then it would be considered cannon, but I personally wouldn't consider it cannon because
In the novelization

I know you didn’t ask me, but here’s[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Some new details on the Buffalo Ghostbusters' cele[…]

I'd love a photo of how you wired up the charging […]

Holy Heisenberg! The Diamond Select figures were […]