Last_Minute wrote:Series Trailer Now Live, Episode 1 is almost here.

Hey cool, our first glimpse of Evilyn's character! I was wondering if she was going to be in this series! She looks like some sort of suit (literally, she is wearing a suit. Could be PCOC or the Canadian EPA or something else) who joins to help navigate the legal side of things, though I could be wrong about that. If that's true, it will answer a lot of my logistical questions about setting up a new franchise. I like that she didn't wait to be hired, she kind of kind of hired herself and left (I assume) to put on a jumpsuit and draw up the paperwork.

The biggest hole in this team, so far, as far as I can tell, is they don't have an occultist. At least, I THINK they don't have an occultist: I know we don't know what their actual skills are yet, but it hasn't been hinted at that either of them are occultists...

There's a general lack of book-smart "brains" characters in the GBFCU. Alabama's Rookie and SLC's Silver are the only two I can think of off the top of my head... and that's a weakness. Take out the brains and you severely compromise the team's ability to think of ways to defeat you (besides "CHAAARGE"). An ordinary spook obviously isn't going to think of that, but a smarter enemy might.

I guess you don't need an occultist if you are dealing with generic spooks, but since most upticks in paranormal activity happen because of some sort of major entity becoming active, a lack of occult knowledge is going to be a problem sooner or later.

Why are so many of the British Columbia ghost stories centered around hotels? Is there something about BC hotels that just makes them ghost magnets? Is it just a Gold Rush thing because so many hotels are converted houses?

...That has nothing to do with anything, it's just a thing I noticed while skimming over Shadowlands (yes I read Shadowlands for fun in my spare time. No I don't necessarily believe in real ghosts. No I don't have an excuse.) ... Anyway, my current favorite BC Ghost stories are the headless Asian man who can be seen late at night crossing Water Street in Vancouver, and Pearl Cox, the 1940s socialite who died in a hit and run outside the Hotel Vancouver and has haunted it's 14th floor ever since. She's apparently quite a friendly and popular spook well-known to the staff and the hotel bar serves a "Lady in Red" drink in her honor.

Again, this really doesn't actually have anything to do with Ghostbusters:BC, I just thought it was interesting.
SPJ wrote:
The Rookie wrote:Might we be over analysing things just a bit?
Yep. Just a tad.
Gulp. :blush:

It's all in good fun I swear!...uh...

Cringe. Just... I'm sorry it's so annoying... :blush:
SPJ, Last_Minute liked this
Just watched the prologue. Did you know that the song that was used during the gaming/drinking bit had Dutch lyrics? My first impression was WTF? Expecting to watch/listen to a fully English video, I suddenly got my Dutch braincells in a twist after unexpectedly hearing my native language... :-P
Last_Minute liked this
Also!

Some people have been experiencing difficulty viewing our videos on mobile devices. This is likely due to restrictions imposed by copyright since we are using score without permission. As alternative, try the Vimeo channel found here:

https://vimeo.com/channels/865104/113884054
Woohoo!!

Well -that- was creative and new! A dream-walking bust. We began right in the middle of the action too, with Todd rattling off a list of the equipment and logistical stuff they've already got. So either Todd or Ryan must have had some serious money stored away. If this corporate franchise works the way most other big corporations do, then you have to pay a franchise fee as well as buy equipment and find an office that meets corporate standards. It's not cheap, especially since it sounds like they set it up without help from the city (or PCOC), meaning they had to pay for everything themselves.

I wish I knew where we were in terms of wiether this is their first "bust" or, like, seventh or something. They seem to know what they are doing with that equipment, so someone is either really into dense instruction booklets or they actually got some training somewhere. (Venkman Inc?)

"We need packs!" Well, yikes. There's Ryan's destructive tendencies showing themselves. I know the dirty little secret of Ghostbusting is that a lot of Busters get off on the power of being walking nuclear weapons who can burn down houses with the flick of a switch, but that is EXACTLY why there should be an actual screening process in place. Otherwise you could be a terror cell setting up a franchise, get the gear, and go burn down the city with it. You even get the cover of being able to call it an "Equipment malfunction" and make GBI take the heat for it.

... I know I keep slipping into thinking like a criminal, but really... You ain't afraid of no ghosts, but you damn well BETTER be afraid of humans because humans are terrifying.

A pack wouldn't have helped that particular bust anyway, unless Ryan thinks flash-frying that little girl would have gotten the ghost out of her. You need a slime-blower to de-possess people. Or you need to do what they did, apparently, and dreamwalk the ghost out.

BTW, the spooky nursery rhyme the ghost repeated was a very cool touch. Yikes. That lady is not your friendly library ghost!

Anyway, if this was not their first bust, I think we may have missed out on an important moment. No matter how prepared you think you are, the first time you really are face-to-face with a demonic hellspawn has got to be a heck of a moment. I know the GBFCU takes place in a world where Ghostbusting has existed for 30 years so people have had a lot of time to get used to the idea of demons and spooks and specters... maybe both Ryan and Todd have seen ghosts before, even before they became ghostbusters? They are young enough to have grown up with it, so...

And was that girl exorcism an official Ghostbuster bust or not? They talked about feeling like Ghostbusters but they weren't wearing their uniforms, and we didn't see them mention billing to the woman I assume is the girl's mother... we don't know they didn't get paid, but it might be more interesting if they helped the child for free, if just because it proves they are generally altruistic and GBI won't like it and tension!

Maybe they weren't wearing uniforms in an effort to avoid the regulators. They sure weren't happy to see Evilyn when she showed up looking all official and at first tried to deny being who they are. I assume we'll learn more about her later.

Nice episode guys! Can't wait to see where it goes from here. The game is on! :crunch:
Last_Minute liked this
Again, I don't want to confirm or deny too much or give anything away, but I can confirm that per this episode's log line this is indeed our character's first bust.

YouTube Description: "Todd and Ryan debate what it means to be a Ghostbuster while responding to their first call."

We're having our Episode post-mortem meeting soon and planning shoots for Eps 2 and 3, and I'm really happy with how everything has come together and I love all the feedback and seeing all the curiosity and questions come up!

One thing I'm considering doing when we're further along is a descriptive post about some deliberate creative choices (in story, character, framing and editing) that have help us along the way as well as some happy accidents we're noticing as we push the stories further along. Again though, this will be further into the series as we want you all to just experience and enjoy as fresh as it can be.

Thanks again! Keep watching!
M.Thunder liked this
There's some chaos and no mistake! Poster like that says we can expect shinanigans!

I just realized the guy about to spill the coffee is the same security guard who saw the ghost in the .5 episode. I guess we know where his character is going.

...I've been thinking more, so I'm going to spoiler-tag my rants so no one actually has to read them. Warning: much speculation and irrelevant micro-analysis ahead! Read at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Congratulations on the photoshoot! This is starting to look really official! I eagerly await episode 2!

Good luck! :crunch:
Aw, don't say that kind of stuff, it'll go straight to my hips. I mean head.

In that vain, I've re-watched the series thus far and broken down my analysis by character. Again, much rambling ahead. Do not recommend reading. Repeat: read at own risk. You have been warned.

Ryan
Todd-bro
Evilyn
In a more general sense, I came across a bit of fiction criticism I think may resonate here. If your goal is to tell an engaging story, don’t be afraid of what’s uncomfortable. When you reach that moment where your character’s stated goals and values don’t match their actions, or where there are conflicting forces at play internally or externally, DON’T GLOSS OVER IT. Explore it. These will deepen, rather then weaken, your characters and your story. That’s the stuff truly memorable characters are made of.

Phew.

Ok that’s more then enough from me.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]