I made a video to answer the common question of how much it costs to have a somewhat accurate proton pack. I hope this will be helpful to new builders just joining the hobby.

The video features price comparisons of parts in the GBfans shop as well as a couple aluminum sellers in the For Sale thread, CPU64 and EJGUNTH87. I just picked them because they seem to be actively producing parts and they were on page 1 of the thread.

It’s a long, detailed video that shows not only part prices, but also where they are on the pack. I also compared aluminum vs resin costs, and GB1 vs GB2 part prices.

If I misspoke at any point I apologize in advance. Many of you are way more knowledgeable than I am, but I wanted to be helpful from what I’ve come to understand. I’m open to correction in this thread if y’all catch something wrong.

Dove wrote: July 12th, 2020, 6:14 am Dude, that is an impressively extensive video! It's funny but I'm glad I DIDN'T see this before I started spending cash on this awesome hobby. I don't want to know what I've spent, ha! But seriously this is and will be super helpful so thank you.
Agreed. Its good that someone put out a resource like this to help people starting their pack building.
I made a video comparing my pack to the Spirit Halloween Deluxe Proton Pack. You don’t have to break the bank to have a decent pack. I go through the major differences and mention the modifications that are possible, however I’ve never researched them since I have no plans to modify mine.

My son was playing Fortnite in the next room, so forgive the noise pollution.

Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]