By Ectotainment
Here a tip of you mix your own liquid. I make mine with vegetable glycerin, distilled water and a drop of vanilla extract. Unfortunately, I mixed in a little too much water and I was having some leakage issues, but if you boil the liquid, you can boil off some of the water and regain a higher glycerin content. Distilled water without minerals will help extend the life of the coils.
RJMonette88 liked this
By Tasky
Aqueous Glycerine would be better than water for this kit, though (even distilled). Maybe 10% to 90% VG.
The most you would likely want is 20%.
By RJMonette88
Ok, so I bought a replacement e-cig, but then realized it's a different model and I cannot remove the center coil. I did however now find online proper replacement coils for the model of e-cig that is installed in my pack. One question though... When buying replacement coils, they ask what resistance... 1.5 ohm, 1.8 ohm, 2.2 ohm, or 2.5 ohm. Now I'm completely lost as which resistance to get and I can't really see which resistance mine currently has. I believe the power is getting stepped down to 6v going into the e-cig. Any light to be shed here?
By Tasky
RJMonette88 wrote: May 20th, 2020, 3:18 pmI believe the power is getting stepped down to 6v going into the e-cig. Any light to be shed here?
In short, it doesn't really matter so long as your battery is rated for the Amps your tank will be drawing.
Generally, the lower the resistance (ohms), the more your device will chuck out huge great clouds of vape... but it will also require higher power input, which means more batteries. This is more of a concern with Sub-Ohm vaping (ie less than 1.0Ω), where you will be putting 75w through a 0.2Ω coil, but still worth bearing in mind.

At 6volts, ie 24w, these coils will be commanding:

1.5Ω - 4A
1.8Ω - 3.3A
2.2Ω - 2.72A
2.5Ω - 2.4A

So assuming that 6v is correct, as long as your battery is rated for more than 4A continuous discharge, you'll be fine.
Personally I'd suggest going as close to 1Ω coils as possible, so the 1.5Ω coils will be pretty reasonable. How much 'smoke' do you want to vent, anyways? :)

Out of curiosity, which model is your replacement and why can't you get the coil out?
By RJMonette88
Really great info! Thank you for that!
I got the KANGER CE4 LONG WICK CLEAROMIZER as a replacement, but the one installed in my pack is the Kangertech eGo/T2, which has the ability for coil changes.
By Tasky
Yeah, unfortunately the CE4 is one of the few models that does not have a replacable coil.
Very unusual these days, as most people prefer replacable pods. Looks like a bit of bad luck in the selection department.

Personally I'd have suggested an Innokin Zenith tank.
RJMonette88 liked this
By paul_haga
Ectotainment, do you have some finished photos of the vent kit? I'd love to see a couple close-ups of how you drilled a hole into the ecig adapter for wiring as well as how you have the full kit mounted.

I too am having to create a replacement for a potential Fincher because they have all but gone radio silent.

Thanks!!
By Ectotainment
Sorry for the delayed response... Here are a couple of images of the vent kit in the pack. Sorry I don't have an image of the drill holes in the adapter since they are covered in glue and shrink tube. You can also see I have added 4 additional colored LEDs to the vent housing, these are an alternate lighting source when I have the smoke system powered off.

Also, I've since inverted the ecig to avoid fluid leakage.

kahuna900 liked this
By Ectotainment
Thanks. Yes, those are 2 6000mAh batteries. I wanted a dedicated one just for the vent kit because of the current draw, the other one powers the gbfans boards for lights/sounds.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how long they last. I finished building the pack in May this year and the charge on both batteries is still about 50%. I've gotten a least a few hours of use by now, since I use it fairly often as a boom box.

I can definitely say I get more life than the supposed 9800mAh blue brick which I have in my spirit pack.
By kmichielsen
Hello!

I’m attempting to build a smoke kit myself to vent my pack. I am currently using the Kangertech T2 as well. I have it wired up to a UBEC voltage switch that takes my 12v, from my battery and changes it to 6V. I filled it with straight Vegetable Glycerin, and fired it up the top near where the wick goes in glowed orange for a few seconds then stopped and I didn’t get any smoke out of it. I figured I burnt the coil, so I changed it with a new one. I read that it needs to be mixed so I did a 50/50 of VG with water and mixed it and it fired up and got small amount of smoke and then nothing. I ordered actual E liquid and I’m waiting for it to arrive. I’m just not sure what to troubleshoot. Is my air pump not pushing enough air in, is my liquid bad, is it getting too much voltage.

I started by checking my voltage with a multimeter and found that I got 6v on the pump and on the T2. I have extra coils, so I can replace them but I wasn’t sure where to start since I don’t know much about vapes. My friend who does vape said I’m probably applying too much voltage but I have seen so many other builds with a 6v air pump and 6v applied to the T2. I feel that I soldered the pins correctly, it may just be the liquids I tried weren’t correct. That’s why I’m gonna wait and try the e liquid I bought online which is 70% PG and 30% VG.

I just don’t know where to start Troubleshooting the T2. My 6v air pump, 12v fan, and 12v strobe light all work just not getting smoke out of the T2. So any help/tips would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mojo
By Yanks1023
Did you ever get the smoke going? I had found that my "fog fluid" wasnt doing it. I used a 3.7v battery going to a small fish pump and a Kanger T3 and got nothing using straight fog fluid. I switched up to straight gylcerin (cvs) and I got thick smoke and it was awesome. And yes, you might be using too much voltage and burning up the vape coil.
kmichielsen liked this
By Mats272
I‘m not familiar with relays. What relay do you recommend? Ive got the positron kit and need a vent system.
And what kind of adapter is this to the battery. Ive got the same battery.
By kmichielsen
Yanks1023 wrote: November 18th, 2020, 11:24 am Did you ever get the smoke going? I had found that my "fog fluid" wasnt doing it. I used a 3.7v battery going to a small fish pump and a Kanger T3 and got nothing using straight fog fluid. I switched up to straight gylcerin (cvs) and I got thick smoke and it was awesome. And yes, you might be using too much voltage and burning up the vape coil.
Yes! I got it all working perfectly. The problem was that the Kanger T2 was designed for a 50/50 ratio of PG/VG and once I switched to that ratio it was a perfect setup!

I'm tempted to do a build thread for the progress of my GB1 Spengler Hero Pack Build.

I will have to also post photos/videos of the smoke kit working!

cheers

Mojox57x :cool:
Yanks1023 liked this
By StaggeringElk
Sorry if this has already been answered. Would this work with a spongeface vent relay?
By Yanks1023
Yes, I have the spongeface relay. I have the relay turn on a fan to blow the smoke out of the n filter, the ecig, and the air pump.
By StaggeringElk
Was it fairly plug and play or did you have modify anything? Fairly new at wiring, just curious on the setup.
By Yanks1023
Its plug and play with Spongeface's light kit. There's a ribbon cable that goes from power cell board to the vent relay. All the relay does is switch the input voltage to the output when its on. So I put 12v on the input of the relay. I used a 12v fan (to blow the smoke) on the output of the vent relay. So once the relay kicks on during a overheat sequence, the fan will spin. Ecig and air pump took 3.3 volts. So I used a step down regulator on the output of the relay for those to turn on the same time as fan. 12v to 3.3v step down to fire the ecig and air pump. So basically - fire until overheat= relay turns on sending 12v to fan and 3.3 to ecig and air pump. Done ;) Good luck!
By Yanks1023
I use straight glycerin. A issue I ran into was moisture was seeping down the main chamber of the ecig and shorting out my connection at the bottom. It was due to having a bottom coil vape and I positioned the ecig vertically. Ive moved it horizontally and it now works awesome. But as far as the ecig itself leaking, I havent had a issue.
By StaggeringElk
Yanks1023 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 1:36 pm I use straight glycerin. A issue I ran into was moisture was seeping down the main chamber of the ecig and shorting out my connection at the bottom. It was due to having a bottom coil vape and I positioned the ecig vertically. Ive moved it horizontally and it now works awesome. But as far as the ecig itself leaking, I havent had a issue.
Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I’m about to purchase the materials and get to work on this.
Yanks1023 liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]