For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Yep, I find tethers easiest too. Also, after playing this game through twenty + times, this playthrough was the first time I realised you’re meant to tether to the wall above the gate! It’s much quicker that way!
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 13th, 2019, 2:44 pm Slime tether is what I used, also using the dodge button while keeping an eye on the other angels I hadn’t tethered yet. Sometimes they broke tethers too quick but I somehow managed to keep myself and Ray alive.
Most definitely, having eyes behind Rookie's head and constantly staying mobile using that dodge button is key, imo. Idk, guess it was just me who opted with Capture Stream, lol. But being wary and dodging took me a couple attempts to get a hang of.
The trick to beating the angels fast is to keep your back all the way up against the other gate. The angels can't dive bomb you as long as you stay there and keep moving side to side. Use the tether and make sure you have the target reticle and assisted targeting turned on. If the cemetery crawlers get too close, hit em with the overload pulse and ignore Ray when gets knocked down. As long as you keep your back against the gate and keep moving side to side, you'll be fine.
deadderek, back, 2GunsRacing liked this
aloconte81 wrote:Kind2311 that’s how I beat them but I didn’t use anything on them at all when they dive bomb you they hit the gate and open it for you
What??? I’ll remember this. I think approx a third of my 2009 was spent trying to beat this section.
robbritton wrote: October 12th, 2019, 2:16 pm
WorldofthePsychic wrote: October 12th, 2019, 10:22 am Someone mentioned the gray flight suit not working when switched on. I'm having that problem too.
It was me! It doesn’t appear until you get to the Sedgewick, for some reason!
It is like that in the original release of the game too. It is intentional.
Is it worth it to rebuy it if I already have the original version on Xbox 360, which is backward compatible with Xbox one? Besides that, I always want an Android version for GB, but it looks like an Epic Games Store exclusive on PC (maybe on mobile in near-future). If that true, I’m sick of this bullshit now. After trying the Fortnite on Apknite, I can say that Epic Games on mobile is a disaster.
SDaviS wrote: November 11th, 2019, 1:35 am Is it worth it to rebuy it if I already have the original version on Xbox 360, which is backward compatible with Xbox one? Besides that, I always want an Android version for GB, but it looks like an Epic Games Store exclusive on PC (maybe on mobile in near-future). If that true, I’m sick of this bullshit now. After trying the Fortnite on Apknite, I can say that Epic Games on mobile is a disaster.
I would say yes when multiplayer is out till then it's tough but probably not
Oh, my expectations were set when I saw who was handling it, and further, just thinking about what was likely.

People naturally get blinded by excitement, but anyone who thought this was going to be more than a minor graphical polish were just daft. If this remaster had been picked up by a name developer, we could have expected a chance at new/restored content, but given TR is long gone, that was going to be a pipe dream. Picking up the leftovers from the dust of TR's shuttering wasn't going to yield anything, hence why they had to port the PC version--little or no access to the assets and programmers. Had Terminal Reality still been around, you guys could have done an actual remaster.

As I said already, this was great for me, as the "remaster" looks far better than the PS3 version, but it's only on par with the others. Not getting multiplayer doesn't bug me (hasn't been officially declared DOA, but let's be real--this thing won't sell enough to justify more development costs), since the PS3 servers were long ago shut down. So for me, I get the game I already loved on a console with picture quality that doesn't make my eyes bleed. It's still a win in my book.

I just wish that GB2 uniform patch would get fixed. Ugh.
Went to go play through it again, today... Laser burn on my F&*$ing disc! Well... thats what I get :whatever:
SO... I go to Buy another copy (2nd hand copy) at my local Mom & Pop game store... $37 for GB on the 360 !? wtf? USED gta 5 discs With install discs cost $29. Damn.
First time that place made me Feel ripped off in the 15 years Ive been going there. :/
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 5th, 2019, 12:18 pm They changed the Ecto-1 model to change the grill and Cadillac logo (Eh, it happens), and as a result, they re-did a few shots in the cutscenes with the new model.
Let me add some clarity here:
The Ecto-1 in the fancy cutscenes never had the Cadillac emblem and the grill was always inaccurate. This was the model of the car that was in-game before I had a chance to make it as accurate as I could before time ran out.
We were lucky enough that they allowed us to put the "B" on the license plate before they hit the final render button. That's why the text on the plate is off-center.

In-game it appears they removed the Cadillac emblem. They probably didn't want to pay for the licensing rights that we had fought hard for on the original release. And yeah, it looks like they adjusted the UVs on the grill since the grill design is copywritten by Cadillac. They also changed the licenseplate design as that's also copywritten by the City of New York.
This is only for the real-time cutscenes. You can see the emblem and proper grill in the in-game pre-rendered cutscenes.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:43 pm
One time wrote: December 9th, 2019, 9:27 pm Is there any resource that shows exactly all the little changes between OG and Remaster?
Not much so far but there's some at the wiki
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Gh ... Remastered
I went and took a look.
A different blue Proton Stream animation used.
Wow, that's strange. Watching the video, it is indeed different.
The original proton stream was a hard-coded effect. Perhaps that code didn't play nice with some of the modern rendering techniques and it had to be remade through traditional particle effects.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin liked this
Playing through again, had the Ecto always lost the hubcaps on its right hand side during the stay puft level? I don’t remember ever noticing that on the 360 version!
robbritton wrote: December 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm Playing through again, had the Ecto always lost the hubcaps on its right hand side during the stay puft level? I don’t remember ever noticing that on the 360 version.
No it is a game bug, due to the fact that Saber Interactive had to slightly remodel the Ecto-1B (to remove all traces of the Cadillac, and Motorola logos, as well as the overall shape of the Cadillac Hearse) (they also did it to the "Remote Controlled Ecto-1" artifact in the "History Museum" level) Saber Interactive somehow managed to swap the passenger side wheels of the Ecto-1B. Which as a result the car can sometimes jump 2 feet up into the air, when driving over a curb, or an object in the "Times Square" and "Central Park Cemetery" levels. However whats more interesting is that when the Ecto-1B is parked inside of the Firehouse, the wheels are not bugged, and they are the way they are supposed to be. lol (I've seen this bug on the Xbox One, and PS4 versions of the game.) (I am not sure about the Nintendo Switch version of the game, as I don't own that version.) lol
robbritton liked this
NSGhostbusters wrote: December 18th, 2019, 9:18 am
robbritton wrote: December 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm Playing through again, had the Ecto always lost the hubcaps on its right hand side during the stay puft level? I don’t remember ever noticing that on the 360 version.
No it is a game bug, due to the fact that Saber Interactive had to slightly remodel the Ecto-1B (to remove all traces of the Cadillac, and Motorola logos, as well as the overall shape of the Cadillac Hearse) (they also did it to the "Remote Controlled Ecto-1" artifact in the "History Museum" level) Saber Interactive somehow managed to swap the passenger side wheels of the Ecto-1B. Which as a result the car can sometimes jump 2 feet up into the air, when driving over a curb, or an object in the "Times Square" and "Central Park Cemetery" levels. However whats more interesting is that when the Ecto-1B is parked inside of the Firehouse, the wheels are not bugged, and they are the way they are supposed to be. lol (I've seen this bug on the Xbox One, and PS4 versions of the game.) (I am not sure about the Nintendo Switch version of the game, as I don't own that version.) lol
I have switch and can say I never saw car jump in air. I'd like to save the glitches in there just I never experienced that. As for wheels I didn't look sorry.
skankerzero wrote: December 9th, 2019, 1:19 pm
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 5th, 2019, 12:18 pm They changed the Ecto-1 model to change the grill and Cadillac logo (Eh, it happens), and as a result, they re-did a few shots in the cutscenes with the new model.
Let me add some clarity here:
The Ecto-1 in the fancy cutscenes never had the Cadillac emblem and the grill was always inaccurate. This was the model of the car that was in-game before I had a chance to make it as accurate as I could before time ran out.
We were lucky enough that they allowed us to put the "B" on the license plate before they hit the final render button. That's why the text on the plate is off-center.

In-game it appears they removed the Cadillac emblem. They probably didn't want to pay for the licensing rights that we had fought hard for on the original release. And yeah, it looks like they adjusted the UVs on the grill since the grill design is copywritten by Cadillac. They also changed the licenseplate design as that's also copywritten by the City of New York.
This is only for the real-time cutscenes. You can see the emblem and proper grill in the in-game pre-rendered cutscenes.
I guess that would explain why when the boys are on their way to the New York Public Library, the aspect ratio awkwardly changes for a couple of seconds. lol
Is it factually wrong to say that the Remaster is simply a duplicate copy of the original game but with:

-Removed Doritos licensing
-Removed Cadillac licensing
-Removed Motorola licensing
-Downgraded blue electricity animation on proton stream
-Hair on characters blurred
-Option to add film grain
-Some added movie trailers, Terminal Velocity logo replaced by Sabre Interactive logo, etc.
-Fixed built in AA (but still worse than the original on PC as AA cannot be changed to a better version on the Remaster, but could on the original.)

And that there are no instances of improved resolution, improved textures or improved lighting? I.e. nothing improved in 99% of the time you actually play the game.

I hope I’m wrong but all sources on the internet that I’ve found cannot give any examples of anything that has improved in terms of resolution, lighting or textures. One person extracted the textures of the remaster and found them identical to the original (1024).

Can anyone give examples of where I’m wrong?
One time wrote: February 5th, 2020, 1:06 am Is it factually wrong to say that the Remaster is simply a duplicate copy of the original game but with:

-Removed Doritos licensing
-Removed Cadillac licensing
-Removed Motorola licensing
-Downgraded blue electricity animation on proton stream
-Hair on characters blurred
-Option to add film grain
-Some added movie trailers, Terminal Velocity logo replaced by Sabre Interactive logo, etc.
-Fixed built in AA (but still worse than the original on PC as AA cannot be changed to a better version on the Remaster, but could on the original.)

And that there are no instances of improved resolution, improved textures or improved lighting? I.e. nothing improved in 99% of the time you actually play the game.

I hope I’m wrong but all sources on the internet that I’ve found cannot give any examples of anything that has improved in terms of resolution, lighting or textures. One person extracted the textures of the remaster and found them identical to the original (1024).

Can anyone give examples of where I’m wrong?
It runs smoother. That's about it.
GBfan_CH wrote: February 7th, 2020, 4:52 am This is still hands down the sexiest ghostbusting experience money can buy, but I can't help thinking if Sabre spent a little time on modding tools and let the community loose, you'd have something better suited to this generation.

Next stop... PSVR.
If it’s a port of the Madame Tussaud’s VR experience with a whole bunch more things, sign me up! Sucks that the official Oculus Ghostbusters VR games were lackluster, hope they get that proper game for the Rift/Quest. Hell my Ghostbusters Simulator concept could work in VR now that I think about it.
NSGhostbusters liked this
Ghostytheghost wrote: February 7th, 2020, 6:17 am
If it’s a port of the Madame Tussaud’s VR experience with a whole bunch more things, sign me up! Sucks that the official Oculus Ghostbusters VR games were lackluster, hope they get that proper game for the Rift/Quest. Hell my Ghostbusters Simulator concept could work in VR now that I think about it.
...and with that, I can finally turn my back on the real world and live inside virtual reality like my hero Jobe The Lawnmower Man.

*Insert picture of lawnmower man here when feeling less lazy*
zeta otaku liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]