Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Tom posted a group shot.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1187426165209759749
robbritton wrote: October 24th, 2019, 2:01 am While I’m super excited for Year One, I am quietly hoping it isn’t the beginning of a DC style overwrite of the existing IDW continuity. I like that continuity, and I’d miss all the ancillary characters were we never to see them again. I’d be especially sad to lose Peck and all his character’s development.
You just have the "pre-wedding jitters," it's natural. But nothing to worry about like Kingpin said.

I'm also happy to see the conversation pick up in this thread.
Ghostbusters: Year One #1 of 4, January 15, 2020
NOV190591
Cover A and B by Dan and Luis, Cover RI by Lattie
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV190591
In anticipation of the new Ghostbusters feature film coming to theaters Summer 2020, we look back at the Boys in Grey's first year on the job, showcasing never before seen adventures! After defeating Gozer and becoming heroes in the city, county, and state of New York, a publisher has decided to cash in with a biography of the Boys in Grey and sends a writer to interview them all for background. He starts with WINSTON ZEDDEMORE, the first 'buster hired into the supernatural start-up. Winston relates the story of his very first bust, so we can finally know what kind of... ahem, stuff he's seen that'll will turn you white!
mrmichaelt wrote: October 25th, 2019, 4:09 am Ghostbusters: Year One #1 of 4, January 15, 2020
NOV190591
Cover A and B by Dan and Luis, Cover RI by Lattie
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV190591
In anticipation of the new Ghostbusters feature film coming to theaters Summer 2020, we look back at the Boys in Grey's first year on the job, showcasing never before seen adventures! After defeating Gozer and becoming heroes in the city, county, and state of New York, a publisher has decided to cash in with a biography of the Boys in Grey and sends a writer to interview them all for background. He starts with WINSTON ZEDDEMORE, the first 'buster hired into the supernatural start-up. Winston relates the story of his very first bust, so we can finally know what kind of... ahem, stuff he's seen that'll will turn you white!
Nice. Another mini. Guess we'll be getting a bit more backstory for Winston with this first issue of the series; and the other three issues should cover the other three OG busters. ^_^
Last edited by Kingpin on October 25th, 2019, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
mrmichaelt liked this
Tom posted the solicit page for Year One #1.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1187798284804358144
*NormalGamer* wrote: October 25th, 2019, 10:34 amNice. Another mini. Guess we'll be getting a bit more backstory for Winston with this first issue of the series; and the other three issues should cover the other three OG busters. ^_^
Yup, based on those A covers Tom posted, you can see the color of the slime from the previous issue on the edge of the left side so the order looks like #1 is Winston, #2 is Ray, #3 is Peter, and #4 is Egon.

#1 could have a call back to the 2017 annual, I believe Winston alluded to past interviews and one or all of them ending up not mentioning him in the article.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote: October 26th, 2019, 10:37 pm WOW. Even Fritz posted. Somehow I'm even more hyped now for Year One. :P

Erik is done writing 3 issues of Year One.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 2355480576
Lol...It's not like I've stopped reading it, though I've been tempted to a time or two by the same thing that keeps me from posting about the books like I used to: crossover fatigue. Maaajor crossover fatigue.

I almost didn't buy the Transformers crossover...but then I did and I was pleasantly surprised. It helped that it was a very familiar G1 style of Transformers; I was saying (not really jokingly) to the guys in the comic shop "At least they look like the Transformers I grew up with, instead of the horrible things nowadays that look like somebody nailed some scrap metal together into roughly humanoid shapes that all look alike except the one they spray painted some red and blue patches on to be Optimus Prime and another one with some yellow and black to be Bumblebee." (Not much of an exaggeration of my low opinion of the Micheal Bay designs.)

Anyway, so, yeah, I'm glad to see what looks to be some stories starring the actual Ghostbusters without much fear of Uncle Scrooge or My Little Pony showing up. Image
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
Fritz wrote: October 27th, 2019, 7:56 am Lol...It's not like I've stopped reading it, though I've been tempted to a time or two by the same thing that keeps me from posting about the books like I used to: crossover fatigue. Maaajor crossover fatigue.
I do get concerned from time to time when tumbleweeds roll on through the thread. But, yes, valid point. Though it's tough. Crossovers do better in sales, but fans get tired of them and I hope the Powers that Be are not thinking non-crossovers have to surge past crossover numbers to justify keeping on doing them. Ideally, both kinds of stories should be done in moderation each year if they're line of thinking is both have to be.
I almost didn't buy the Transformers crossover...but then I did and I was pleasantly surprised. It helped that it was a very familiar G1 style of Transformers; I was saying (not really jokingly) to the guys in the comic shop "At least they look like the Transformers I grew up with, instead of the horrible things nowadays that look like somebody nailed some scrap metal together into roughly humanoid shapes that all look alike except the one they spray painted some red and blue patches on to be Optimus Prime and another one with some yellow and black to be Bumblebee." (Not much of an exaggeration of my low opinion of the Micheal Bay designs.)
I've only seen some of the Bumblebee one only because I heard there were Cybertron scenes and I wanted to see if that lead really could pull off Kate Bishop.
The biography angle for the Year One plot reminds me of the "Where Winston Was" story from a past Annual. As he meets with Luis and Erik, he makes mention of another book someone wrote after their initial exploits. I wonder if the events of Year One is what this referenced?
robbritton liked this
Sayscalled wrote: October 29th, 2019, 7:20 pm The biography angle for the Year One plot reminds me of the "Where Winston Was" story from a past Annual. As he meets with Luis and Erik, he makes mention of another book someone wrote after their initial exploits. I wonder if the events of Year One is what this referenced?
Yeah, it reminded me that, too, a few posts up but it should be amusing to see who Dan chooses to be this writer looks wise. Or if there's an in-story reason why he snubs Winston from the article.
Sayscalled liked this
By mrmichaelt
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Year One trade paperback is now up for pre-order on Amazon. Set for June 23, 2020 release.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1684056969/

Erik confirmed the other Year One issues will have similar between-beat moments from the first movie and "each issue will focus on a story told by one of the four boys in grey -- and will largely stand on their own. Kind of a series of microseries!"
https://www.patreon.com/posts/my-novemb ... =postshare
zeta otaku, *NormalGamer*, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: November 8th, 2019, 12:10 pm Are their plans for an annual issue this year or will IDW be skipping that this year?
Pretty much, the latter; GB Year One are the upcoming comics next year, so far.
mrmichaelt liked this
There's no annual announced yet for next year but that doesn't count out the chance one will be out later on in the year.

As far as 2020 releases, here's what we know so far:

Ghostbusters Year One #1 - January 15

Ghostbusters Year One #2 - February

Transformers/Ghostbusters Trade Paperback - February 25

Ghostbusters Year One #3 - March

Ghostbusters Year One #4 - April

Ghostbusters Year One Trade Paperback - June 23

The next Hardcover collection - sometime in 2020
groschopf liked this
Sorry for this naysayer bit, but I REALLY hope Ectotron does not appear in any future comics. The thought of a huge AF transformer permanently taking over the Ecto-1 (when the TMNT crossovers just have subtle references after their encounters without losing focus) just kinda feels like a jump-the-shark thing. It's fair not to anticipate him in Year One since... well, yeah. I just wanna mark that Ghosts of Cybertron series as non-canon. This guy was cool, don't get me wrong, but I really don't feel like this should stick around in primary content.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Still, it should be pretty cool for these Year One stories to give us some neat character details we didn't know before. Or give us unique perspectives on scenes from a certain characters' POV. Or even show us the ghosts we never got to see. Like that Chinatown ghost who somehow didn't get on the New York Post cover instead showing us a lazily cropped pic of the ending scene.
groschopf liked this
By Kingpin
Ghostytheghost wrote: November 18th, 2019, 10:45 am Sorry for this naysayer bit, but I REALLY hope Ectotron does not appear in any future comics.
The ending clearly left it open for him to make a very likely return, especially seeing as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the 2016 teams have made more than one appearance.
Ghostytheghost wrote: November 18th, 2019, 10:45 amThe thought of a huge AF transformer permanently taking over the Ecto-1 (when the TMNT crossovers just have subtle references after their encounters without losing focus) just kinda feels like a jump-the-shark thing.
He took over duties as Ecto-1 whilst the actual Ecto-1 was out of commission. He's not going to be substituting for the Ghostbusters' main mode of transportation every time he makes an appearance.
By mrmichaelt
The Comic Chronicle Podcast did in interview with Erik Burnham a few days ago and posted it on Monday. He does give away some tidbits about Year One #2.
https://comicchronicle.podbean.com/e/is ... -and-more/

-Issue #2
--29:14-29:34
--And in the second issue, the author, she's asking Ray, 'So I'm doing my research, uh, the thing about the ghost in the library that you first guys got, did you ever go back?' And so in the second issue, we have them go back and go after the Librarian which you know they did that little bit in the game but we're going about it a different way.

--29:43-29:54
--And I've seen, uh, Dan Schoening has just turned in, uh, layouts for Issue 2 and they're going to blow some minds, some crazy stuff he's drawn in there.

So looking back at the A covers. One would think this all means Winston's first bust was the Zombie Taxi Driver, since the Librarian is on Ray's cover and is the subject of Issue #2. So looks like Issue #3 is something about Slimer - maybe trying to recapture him after the first movie? And Issue #4 is likely about the first time they captured the Subway ghost.
By mrmichaelt
February solicits are out.
Year One #2 is set for February 19, 2020,
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC190674
Being interviewed for a book on the Ghostbusters, RAY STANTZ will relate some of his earlier days working with Venkman and Spengler, as well as tell the tale of their first concrete encounter with a ghost... and the eventual fate of that spectral librarian that chased them out of the New York Public Library!
mrmichaelt wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 4:06 am February solicits are out.
Year One #2 is set for February 19, 2020,
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC190674
Being interviewed for a book on the Ghostbusters, RAY STANTZ will relate some of his earlier days working with Venkman and Spengler, as well as tell the tale of their first concrete encounter with a ghost... and the eventual fate of that spectral librarian that chased them out of the New York Public Library!
Looks like we'll be looking forward to some more fresh backstory predating that scene with the library encounter. ^_^
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
*NormalGamer* wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 12:29 pmLooks like we'll be looking forward to some more fresh backstory predating that scene with the library encounter. ^_^
Agreed, that's an awesome bonus. Maybe it has to do with all the people Ray and Egon spoke to about their paranormal encounters prior to the library (Peter gripes to Ray about it as they walk into the library in the movie) and maybe even show at last Peter stopping Egon from drilling a hole through his head and the mass sponge migration. :D
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
As a side note, I’d been slightly grumpy about the use of the librarian ghost contradicting the video game (I know IDW don’t use it as gospel continuity, but a lot of it is in there) but then suddenly realised that Peck’s emptying of the containment unit would naturally put her back out there, and ironically the game’s trope of “returning to its original manifestation point” would draw her back to the library, so both can co-exist happily! What I wouldn’t give for a quarter of Erik’s narrative smarts!

But yeah, these pages look fantastic as always. Man I love this series!
robbritton wrote:As a side note, I’d been slightly grumpy about the use of the librarian ghost contradicting the video game (I know IDW don’t use it as gospel continuity, but a lot of it is in there) but then suddenly realised that Peck’s emptying of the containment unit would naturally put her back out there, and ironically the game’s trope of “returning to its original manifestation point” would draw her back to the library, so both can co-exist happily! What I wouldn’t give for a quarter of Erik’s narrative smarts!
We'll see. In the Insight Tobin, Erik wrote that after their founding they "returned to the library more than once in the following months to seek out and trap the Gray Lady, but she remained out of reach." All that's been hinted is in the logline it says, "the tale of their first concrete encounter with a ghost... and the eventual fate of that spectral librarian" and in an interview, Erik only says they try to catch her. There's nothing to worry about yet in terms of contradictions.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]