By jreverhart
Are their V hooks available through retail? like just the V-hooks, of different sizes. Or are they a custom piece.
By Kingpin
The piece as-seen on the Proton Packs and Traps is, very likely, a custom-made piece by the Ghostbusters production. A lot of folks (myself included) have used dixie hooks in the past that achieve the same outcome, though don't look much like the ones used in the films.
By jreverhart
Kingpin wrote: September 19th, 2018, 8:12 am The piece as-seen on the Proton Packs and Traps is, very likely, a custom-made piece by the Ghostbusters production. A lot of folks (myself included) have used dixie hooks in the past that achieve the same outcome, though don't look much like the ones used in the films.
Thanks Kingpin,

Now here's the part where I sound stupid lol but what is a Dixie hook? and where can I find them?
By Glenn Frederick
I had been doing research to see if the Vhook was a found item and last year I discovered a soap dispenser that had a Vhook bracket almost identical to the ones used in the movie.

The only difference is it was longer and had a kind of stop at the end, if you were to cut that part off it would look identical.
By jreverhart
Glenn Frederick wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:22 am Here's a link to my Facebook with pics of the piece I found.

https://m.facebook.com/glenn.frederick. ... d%3D&mdf=1

Now I'm not saying that this is the model V-hook bracket that was used but this is a modern piece off of a soap dispenser. Maybe a vintage dispensers V-Hook was used?
thank you! I'm not looking for authentic really, I am making a trap holder and I cant seem to find one that works so I was hoping to find them in other places to try and get it locked down.
By jreverhart
TragicManner wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:37 am How have the v-hook methods worked for actually attaching the trap to a belt? Are there any shortcomings? Is there any reason to go a different route, if only to keep things more convenient?
a V-hook in my opinion is stronger structurally than other methods. and also less of a profile

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]