By gamera1968
Pre-ordered the PKE meter from their main site with a 20% off coupon. With the discount plus shipping it came out to around $32 and change.
Can't wait to get my hands on it and add it to my costume. :)
NickFame13 liked this
By gamera1968
I called the Spirit Halloween customer service number today and asked about the possibility of their PKE meter being available at a local store since a few are nearby where I live in south Florida. The customer service lady I spoke to did a quick check to see if any PKE's were available in my area. (Mostly out of curiosity)

After waiting on hold for several minutes, she returned to my call and then told me that since its a pre-order item and seems to be very popular due to the high volume of pre-orders it most likely may be available in-store, after the delivery date of September 15th.

So long story short, it seems that the PKE meter could be available in the Spirit stores AND Spencer Gifts after the pre-order ones are shipped out.

I do recommend everyone who does want one to not waste time and pre-order one now since it seems that they very well could be difficult to find in their retail locations.
Last edited by Kingpin on August 21st, 2018, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Removed size formatting.
By hutto
I preordered the PKE and trap at Spencer's for $70.34 shipped with their awesome $20 off, and free shipping coupon. With tax, both are $90. Not to mention spending the gas to drive to one, trying to beat the scalpers.

Good deal to me.
gamera1968 liked this
Although I already ordered the belt, trap and goggles, I placed another order for another trap and PKE meter. For these prices I could not turn them down. Gives me plenty to do this winter with modding 😁
gamera1968 liked this
By hutto
Did anyone's order get cancelled?

Mine did. The explanation reason was blank. Spencer's generically says that there was a problem with my card.

I paid with Paypal. Paypal says that Spencer's accepted my payment today. I ordered on the 6th.
Most of the time there will be a pending charge that comes and goes until the product ships. Kind of like a place holder. I've had a couple pending charges going since I pre-ordered the first week the new stuff became available. When those items finally ship the transaction(s) will fully process.
By hutto
jpetrutis81 wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 5:26 pm Most of the time there will be a pending charge that comes and goes until the product ships. Kind of like a place holder. I've had a couple pending charges going since I pre-ordered the first week the new stuff became available. When those items finally ship the transaction(s) will fully process.
EDIT: Found the culprit. Paypal had an Auth for the money. They were trying to do ANOTHER authorization, while releasing the current one. I was $6 short of the new hold so, they cancelled it.

When did they start doing that? They used to escrow the money for 30 days and youd be SOL if you cancelled.
By BigTime72
I received the string lights a few days ago that I ordered July 30th along with the trap, but alas, no trap included in shipment. Just sent an email to see what's happening.
hutto wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 5:33 pm
jpetrutis81 wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 5:26 pm Most of the time there will be a pending charge that comes and goes until the product ships. Kind of like a place holder. I've had a couple pending charges going since I pre-ordered the first week the new stuff became available. When those items finally ship the transaction(s) will fully process.
EDIT: Found the culprit. Paypal had an Auth for the money. They were trying to do ANOTHER authorization, while releasing the current one. I was $6 short of the new hold so, they cancelled it.

When did they start doing that? They used to escrow the money for 30 days and youd be SOL if you cancelled.
Not sure when they started it but I noticed the charge for my preorders just kept saying pending so a couple weeks ago I called them and that's what they told me. I have noticed several businesses doing the same thing lately.
By hutto
jpetrutis81 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 8:22 am
hutto wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 5:33 pm

Not sure when they started it but I noticed the charge for my preorders just kept saying pending so a couple weeks ago I called them and that's what they told me. I have noticed several businesses doing the same thing lately.
I guess I'll make sure to have enough money at all times from now on.

Got it handled. They honored the old coupon and made me a new order with Spirit, instead of Spencer's.
I bought the belt last weekend in Southern California. You're better off getting an actual belt from the internet. The "metal" end cap is a sticker and overall, it is not any larger than a standard belt you can get elsewhere. I was hoping it would be large enough that I would only need to wear one belt, but it's the same size. The hardware that hangs off of it is okay, but the "leather" straps are made from the cheap Halloween material that pirate vests are made from. I'm not sure if I would connect two belts and expect it to last the con or party. I'll post pics in a bit.

The outdoor Slimer lights were cool, as was the Slimer that bumps into walls. I ended up picking up a Proton Pack and they had a few Traps at the store I went to. Didn't get one since I pre-ordered as well. If you are planning to buy in a physical store remember to use the 20% off coupon they have online.

I can say that the jacket is awesome. Not for everyday use, but also not a throwaway item like most of their costumes. The name badges are plain felt with embroidered names that attach via hook and loop. I'm going to buy a name badge to wear around.
All I’ve seen are the videos as well. I’ve been to 3 SH stores in the north jersey-NYC and only thing I’ve seen is the proton pack, the jacket and baseball cap. I’ve got a belt, goggles, pke and 2 traps on order. Even though I have all of this stuff already, I feel like modding this stuff can be fun and relatively easy.
Zander Yurami wrote:No props, other than pack, in dfw yet. Ordered Trap and should be here in a few days.

Debating on ordering PKE and Goggles

For the price you can't really go wrong by ordering the PKE and Goggles.
By Kingpin
Ordering online would be the safer option, the PKE, Trap and Goggles may not have the same sort of popularity as the Pack had last year, but it's the most likely way to avoid disappointment if the stock for the physical stores is low.
By jreverhart
Kingpin wrote: August 31st, 2018, 10:46 am Ordering online would be the safer option, the PKE, Trap and Goggles may not have the same sort of popularity as the Pack had last year, but it's the most likely way to avoid disappointment if the stock for the physical stores is low.
Spirit Halloween is showing the ghost trap is sold out on the website. Store might be best bet for that.
By yankeetrex
Got my trap and belt today, i still have the pke and goggles left to go. Sad thing was the traps lights worked, but the sound didn't. Took the trap apart and couldn't fix it. Spirit refunded me the purchase price and allowed me to keep the trap, so win win. I will still get a working one if I run into it in store.
NickFame13, jpetrutis81 liked this
By ghoulishfright
What's going on with the ghost traps? I called to see if my local store had any in stock, and they said they didn't carry them in stores, and I had to order online. But when I check the Spirit Halloween website, the ghost traps aren't even LISTED. Don't tell me they've SOLD OUT already; it's only September 2!

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]