Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Hey all, I was in NYC in July, and in addition to the usual sightseeing stops, my wife and I went to Madame Tussaud's. I haven't seen a lot of pictures of their GB16 exhibit, so thought I'd share. I'll add more pics later if the interest is there. I've also got some video clips I'll figure out how to post later.

A lot of work was put into the exhibit. You begin at the top of a subway entrance, and a sharp eye will notice slime dripping from light fixtures, street signs, and so on. Above the stairs leading down into the subway itself is a TV with Al Roker discussing the ghost outbreak. Quite immersive! You walk by one of NYPD's finest into a subway corridor.

The subway itself is dark and gloomy. Old Sparky can be seen floating around inside a train car. I'll try to get a video of this up later. The subway corridor leads down a path taking you into the Chinese restaurant/Ghostbusters HQ. You're greeted by Patty Tolan (pic to come) and pass by a table full of film props.

Nestled in the back of this room is what will be a major focal point for many, Holtzmann's lab. This area was full of special effects. Her desktop computer kept getting Skype calls from Holtmann's acquaintances, and ghosts were held in nearby containment units. This effect uses the Pepper's Ghost technique, which was very cool to see happening inches away from my nose.

Jillian's lab leads to the most spacious part of the exhibit, a replica of the Mercado hotel. Here, the main attraction is a looping Slimer, again seeming to use the Pepper's Ghost technique. This was fantastic and several different animations were included. Video hopefully coming soon.

Directly opposite Slimer are Gilbert and Yates in action poses. I tried to get some close up shots of all of their equipment for when I try to tackle building a reboot pack.

Passing through this area led to the Void experience. My wife and I bought our tickets in advance, and we were both stunned to see no one else participating in this area. Yes, it was extra cost, but holy smokes, was it amazing. It truly felt as if we were busting ghosts.

The areas you walk through are a haunted home, an elevator, a high-rise apartment, a fire escape (which was absolutely breathtaking) and a final battle with Stay Puft. This is the type of experience I wish I could do daily, it was that impressive. Pics weren't allowed of the equipment, but here's the scoreboard after we completed it...I had no idea there were optional goals beforehand!

And finally, waving goodbye next to the scoreboards, is Slimer. This is the Hollywood Collectibles replica, and it is absolutely huge.

So there you have it...a quickie snapshot tour of the whole experience. If you're in NYC, it's a 100% must do, especially for the Void. It obviously won't be around forever, and we're two years removed from the movie (hard to believe), so hopefully those that want to check it out will find an opportunity sometime soon!
One time, Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
I was there the middle of July and it was a lot of fun... I'll be honest, I wanted to walk out with one of the proton packs off the wax replicas XD

The void experience was a LOT of fun and I'm glad they upped the player count to four over the original 3.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]