Ok so I gotta chime in. I've seen this beast up close and personal.

Its a goddamn work of art. So gorgeous...so delicious...er....uh... yeah.

Such a beautiful beast.
Grimmy GB liked this
Hoot wrote:Ok so I gotta chime in. I've seen this beast up close and personal.

Its a goddamn work of art. So gorgeous...so delicious...er....uh... yeah.

Such a beautiful beast.
You're getting a huge hug in a few weeks.
Hey Grimmy, as always I love reading and re-reading your well documented posts about your gorgeous pack build.

You and Phil are my two go-to builder for input/advice.

I'm getting ready to upgrade a couple parts of my pack to aluminum and like you work on a shelf system for my cyclotron lenses. While my group is in a bit of an "off-season" (I use this term from my roller derby days) I'm planning on making some final improvements to my pack.

I feel very confident that I can pull the upgrade well but wanted some advice about cutting into the shell.

I'm planning on cutting into my pchrisbosh1 shell to make a hole for an aluminum n-filter but I'm not sure what the best tool(s) to use will be. I'm thinking dremel but I could be wrong. Also what's the best method of mounting it to the shell. I saw your apoxy sculpt methods; I might not have access to that material and was thinking of steel stick (topside) and loctite epoxy (underside).

That venting feature is something I so want haha!
csullivan1980 wrote:Hey Grimmy, as always I love reading and re-reading your well documented posts about your gorgeous pack build.

You and Phil are my two go-to builder for input/advice.

I'm getting ready to upgrade a couple parts of my pack to aluminum and like you work on a shelf system for my cyclotron lenses. While my group is in a bit of an "off-season" (I use this term from my roller derby days) I'm planning on making some final improvements to my pack.

I feel very confident that I can pull the upgrade well but wanted some advice about cutting into the shell.

I'm planning on cutting into my pchrisbosh1 shell to make a hole for an aluminum n-filter but I'm not sure what the best tool(s) to use will be. I'm thinking dremel but I could be wrong. Also what's the best method of mounting it to the shell. I saw your apoxy sculpt methods; I might not have access to that material and was thinking of steel stick (topside) and loctite epoxy (underside).

That venting feature is something I so want haha!
Hey Chris!
I really appreciate the kind words :)
Definitely use a Dremel. I used carbon cut off wheels and sanding discs. To knock off the excess material without going overboard, I used a set of mini files. They were VERY useful.
The reason that I used apoxy sculpt is because it has a 2 hour set time with a 24 hour curing time. Gives plenty of time to manipulate it. Epoxy on the underside is perfect btw! That's what I did :)
One thing that I have to throw into this, is be sure not to take away too much material on the spacer between the sync generator and cyclotron. It should "hug" the n-filter, if that makes sense.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Damn I missed this build and you!! Lol. So jelly of the crank knob
Awwww! Hope all has been well, bro!? I've been separated from the forums for a little while as I've been working on Star Wars costumes.
I'm all good thanks. Stepped away for a while also whilst work took up all my time. Glad you're still around. Happy New Year to you and Mrs Grimmy
Grimmy GB wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Damn I missed this build and you!! Lol. So jelly of the crank knob
Awwww! Hope all has been well, bro!? I've been separated from the forums for a little while as I've been working on Star Wars costumes.
Phew! I'm glad I am not the only one! Too many props, too little time.
Grimmy GB liked this
So...I have something in the works that might be considered an "upgrade". After wearing a pack to so many cons and events, you realize what is important. I just hope it works.

Also, it might be a few months but keeps your eyes covered for loud noises.
Wow...all my pictures are gone Oo. So...I guess I’m going to have to slowly rejuvenate the build thread.

Oh...HEY EVERYBODY!

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]