Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By mrmichaelt
Year 3 of Ghostbusters Day June 8th:

Announcements/Promotions:
  • An orchestral tour featuring musicians performing the film’s score live at screenings in the US and Canada
  • Sony will launch a number of social media campaigns in celebration of the movie’s anniversary
  • Augmented reality game entitled Ghostbusters World that will let users capture ghosts in the real world.

Products featured or new launches:
  • Playmobil (figures and playsets)
  • Mattel (games, activities and crafts)
  • NECA (collectibles and novelty gifts)[
  • Hybrid (apparel)
  • Mad Engine (apparel)
  • C-Life (apparel)
  • Hallmark (social expressions, plush products and ornaments)
Note: "Key categories for the consumer products program will include toys, apparel and publishing. Products will begin rolling out globally on June 8, 2019, with subsequent ranges launching in anticipation of Halloween and the holiday season."

PR Link: Kidscreen "Sony fires up new CP deals for Ghostbusters"

And last but not least:
Clickbait articles generated from
  • A one word answer from Ivan Reitman
  • A metaphor spoken by Ivan Reitman
  • An oddball comment made by Dan Aykroyd
(Okay, this last section was just a joke on my part)
Sav C liked this
By timeware
While it's awesome we get Ghostbusters World on Ghostbusters day I'm not crossing my streams (fingers) that we'll hear anything about Ecto Force. At this rate He-Man will probably get the better of the GB's once again with the new movie and She Ra Netflix series!
By Esbe77
Could they at least potentially announce a 35th anniversary edition with the recently found deleted scenes for 2019?

Cause that would bust some heads... in a spiritual sense of course.
Sav C liked this
By 80sguy
Esbe77 wrote: May 27th, 2018, 10:14 am Could they at least potentially announce a 35th anniversary edition with the recently found deleted scenes for 2019?

Cause that would bust some heads... in a spiritual sense of course.
As cool as it may be to see more deleted stuff, I don't feel like buying another copy of the same movie...again.
Last edited by 80sguy on May 27th, 2018, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Esbe77
Yeah, Sony's just basically drop-feeding us with "little by little" better editions, but honestly, the only reason I'd pony up the green is for a full-fledged anniversary edition that truly celebrates the first films with lots of commentaries, hours upon hours of features including deleted stuff, unseen galleries and more.

Sony better do it fast because otherwise there may not be many fans left if they wait another 27 years to not do anything...
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By mrmichaelt
Yeah, I wasn't shocked this year's GB Day was a 'merch' year but I hadn't considered they might use this year to 'hype' next year's one as well.

As for the next theoretical edition -- UGH, that's sounds likely but I wish they'd combine everything from every release like the Laserdiscs -- but at this point, shrug. Just give me the DVD series set for Extreme Ghostbusters.
philmorgan81 liked this
By philmorgan81
mrmichaelt wrote: May 28th, 2018, 9:10 pm Yeah, I wasn't shocked this year's GB Day was a 'merch' year but I hadn't considered they might use this year to 'hype' next year's one as well.

As for the next theoretical edition -- UGH, that's sounds likely but I wish they'd combine everything from every release like the Laserdiscs -- but at this point, shrug. Just give me the DVD series set for Extreme Ghostbusters.

That would be pretty cool. Well if the Home Video section of this article isn't a complete fabrication we may get just that.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php? ... ostbusters
By mrmichaelt
I forgot to note, it was odd there was no mention of that Ghostbusters VR game. Figured they would tease Act 3 at this event.

Would be cool if someone like Reitman plugs the current IDW comic arc, Crossing Over.
philmorgan81 wrote: May 28th, 2018, 10:43 pmThat would be pretty cool. Well if the Home Video section of this article isn't a complete fabrication we may get just that.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php? ... ostbusters
Like Kingpin, I call b.s. on that because there's no source and some of us have speculated the past decade that Mill Creek would be the one to do the release just because they worked on some of Sony's titles in the past.
By mrmichaelt
Wizard World teaming up with Ghost Corps for Ghostbusters Fan Fest, June 8-9.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/06/07/ ... ard-world/
Here's the PR statement
This Post Contains Spoilers
By *NormalGamer*
Happy Ghostbusters Day to all fellow ghostheads. I may celebrate by watching the first two films. ^_^
Sav C liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]