By ccv66
Think I'd rather a '60 with the correct windows then a non Miller 59. Everything s fixable but man $8500 pretty steep for as bad it is.. I'm pretty sure it was that guy's donor car and your buying what's left
ccv66 wrote:Think I'd rather a '60 with the correct windows then a non Miller 59. Everything s fixable but man $8500 pretty steep for as bad it is.. I'm pretty sure it was that guy's donor car and your buying what's left
Totally agree.

I suspect it is rotten in a fair few structural areas. Bottomless money pit springs to mind.
Depends what your looking for. Getting a reasonably movie accurate 1959 miller metor ecto, probably over $100k with alot of time and hard work. An incorrect 1959-60 hearse / ambulance that needs alot of work, $30-40k ontop of making it into an ecto. All hard to find. But if your not to picky on the year than definitely get a cool car for a reasonable price.
the only problem I have is my expertise is not in restoring cars. I mean I have many contacts that could help me, I can do a few things, but I am truly dedicated to doing this and I have the means, fortunately ( at least right now )
just trying to figure out what the best avenue is as I have mentioned this my wife tonight and she really is ok with me doing this. :eduardo:

I will keep looking and see what I can figure out , but as always any pointers and ideas are very much appreciated
An accurate ecto is hard rare and expensive to find. YouTube 1963 ecto hearse Cummins.. not accurate but I think it's badass. May not want to box yourself into an hearse. . a white 4 door WRX hatch back with some vinyl graphics would look cool.. get a roof rack. It be fun to drive and if you wanted to sell it just pull everything off. Anytime you get a car over 30 years old, going to be alot of work. I've done several cars and what ever you think it will cost to restore, double it.
wpugh24 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 6:25 pm I would be willing to shell that out.
wife can just deal with it haha. jk jk
she would be totally cool with it and would ride around with me cause" bustin makes her feel good "
You understand the $30-40k is mainly JUST for the car right, usually in terrible shape.

A fully accurate 1959 Cadillac Ecto is gonna run closer to $100k by the end of all the restoration and stuff.

If you have the means, then absolutely go for it. You'll be the envy of the fandom.

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]