By feevrt
My Anovos pack is very nearly complete. There's some cleanup left to do and a few stickers left to be applied. Also need to secure an ALICE frame. Still the basics are complete, the GBFans light and sound kit is installed and I repurposed one of the Anovos switches to be a master power switch

I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out. Made a couple of mistakes with the build, but nothing I can't live with.

Big thanks to Venkman71 and Sailerm for their progress posts - their posts helped me sort out the really vague Anovos instructions.

By feevrt
I ordered almost all of the light and sound parts from the GBFans store. The only things I sourced elsewhere were the battery and some power adaptor cables (from Amazon). I used some speaker cable I had on hand to hook up the speaker. I also repurposed one of the Anovos toggle switches to be a master power switch.

If you're curious, here's the somewhat shambolic hookup job I did, drippy epoxy and all:
Sl!mer liked this
By feevrt
Also, you might want to hold off on finishing up your neutrino wand until after you get the wand kit. Routing the wires will be much easier if you do it before final glue up. If you go with the GBfans kit, you'll probably have to end up disassembling the wand to route everything. You'll also want to use the kit switches and not the Anovos ones because the kit comes pre-wired. Using the Anovos switches will require resoldering and may not even be possible.

Mounting the ear switches can be a bit tricky. I can provide some pics to show how I did it if you're interested.
By Sl!mer
feevrt wrote:Also, you might want to hold off on finishing up your neutrino wand until after you get the wand kit. Routing the wires will be much easier if you do it before final glue up.
Unfortunately, I just finished the wand. Haha. Thanks for the pic. Think I'll buy this kit. Just working on the wand will have to be a day where I have a couple beers because opening that up won't be fun.
By feevrt
Just so you know, you will need to remove parts E26 and E25 and then separate those parts from each other in order to route the trigger/intensify button, the switch below it, and the slo-blo light.
By feevrt
Actually, you may be able to get away with just removing E26 and the panel that covers the opening on E25. Not sure if you’ll be able to get away with not removing E26 because it was a tight fit getting the kit switches in there when I did it.
By Sl!mer
feevrt wrote:Just so you know, you will need to remove parts E26 and E25 and then separate those parts from each other in order to route the trigger/intensify button, the switch below it, and the slo-blo light.
Yah, I already figured that when I saw the kit. I had to already remove E26 once and it broke in my hands. That's why I mentioned I might need alcohol to get me through it. Luckily I was able to repair it.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]