By Sailerm
cjchiu wrote:Nice! Is everything original to the Anovos kit or did you upgrade anything? Was it easy to follow the Anovos assembly instructions?
A couple of the decals are silver paper that I oddly already happened to have. Everything else is purely Anovos (so far)
By Sailerm
feevrt wrote:Did you prime and paint your pack, or did you weather directly over the black plastic?
I'm weathering directly over the black Fiberglass. Still more weathering needed
feevrt liked this
By Sailerm

Here is my 'completed' Anovos pack. It will continue to be a work in progress as it still lacks lights and sound. The Alice frame has not yet been shipped either but I'm
Happy with it for now.

Constructive criticism is encouraged.

ImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By livewire008
Looking good, man!

In the other topic, you mentioned "The plastic ring that goes on the tip of the wand" didn't fit right. What did you wind up doing to make it slide down onto the barrel?
By Kingpin
Left: If I'm not mistaken, this label would go on the side of the Proton Gun, above the two round side disks.
Middle: This goes on the block on the underside of the Proton Pack which the blue and red tubes feed into (alternately there is a red warning label in this location on some props)
Right: This appears to be a spare of the label that goes on the N-Filter.

This is a spare label for the one on the Gear Box, beneath the crank knob.

This may be a spare for the N-Filter, or possibly for the label on the side disc side of the Proton Gun... It's tricky to tell as the cropping obscures the size/location with the other labels on the sheet.

Red Label: This goes on the motherboard, towards the top (Just visible near the top of this photo).
White triangles: These are used exclusively on the Ghost Trap.

Looking at your Pack and Gun, here are a few observations for potential changes/modifications to potentially make in the future:

The rear cyclinder: Although the Rear Cylinder has been reproduced in silver on the Spengler Legacy Kit and Spirit Halloween Proton Pack because this element on the Super Hero prop is silver, this element was originally black like the rest of the Proton Gun. In the 30+ years since it was originally build, the paint has flaked off of this element.
The red side label: As far as I'm aware the label on the side of the Proton Gun is silver in all instances, rather than red. It is however the applicator's preference as to whether the label is placed upside down, or right-side up, as there is precedent for both:
The Rear Instrument Bar label: The red label on the cover plate on the Proton Gun Rear Instrument Bar should have been placed a little further to the right, so that it sat underneath the barb with the green hose.
The toggle switch decals: The decals for the toggle switches are currently swapped around, the decal with the diagonal line should have been placed beneath the upper switch, whilst the decal with the dot in the centre should have been placed beneath the lower switch.
The Trigger Box push switch: The push switch on the Trigger Box should be black, rather than red.
Cross head screws: It may be worth replacing some of the visible cross-head screws for cap-head screws for the hook on the Proton Gun, and hex socket countersunk screws on the gun hook, as those were the screws used on the screen-used props.
The Legris straight fittings: Removing the blue plastic caps on the brass straight fittings will help make them look more accurate to the fittings used on the screen-used props.
Misc Pack pneumatic tubes: replacing the thin red and yellow tubes/wires with a thicker stock will help improve their visual impact.
The gray Legris elbows: These were a matte, or slightly shiny gray, rather than silver. They're only silver on the Spirit Halloween Pack because the people defining the colour scheme got it wrong.

I hope this doesn't come off as being entirely negative or picky, these are suggestions you could employ, but you can give them a pass if you're happy with the Pack as-is. :)
By Sailerm
Thank you for the advice. The proton pack will be a work in progress for a while. Anovos' instructions are very vague so I did my best as far as what 'felt right' from looking at many photos
By Sailerm
livewire008 wrote:Looking good, man!

In the other topic, you mentioned "The plastic ring that goes on the tip of the wand" didn't fit right. What did you wind up doing to make it slide down onto the barrel?
I took a dremel with a sanding barrel to the inside of the ring to make it ever so slightly bigger.

Roxane's ring is a perfect size with no problems. Roxane's trigger box also seems sturdier, she's not missing the two wand side discs that I smImage
By Sailerm
Looking at some screen used pack photos I noticed the screws on the side of the pack that is missing from the Anovos. Because the brackets on the Anovos are glassed in, the screws on my pack are only cosmetic. Image
By Sailerm
I drilled the hole on the small side and passed the ribbon through it. On the inside of the pack I put a zip tie nice and snug to crimp the ribbon in place then used a big glob of E-6000 to secure it
By Sailerm

I ordered this simple light kit for the interim.

Now I need to figure a way to mount it. I've got an idea for the cyclon lights, but was hoping for a few suggestions from here (maybe a photo or two) for inspiration.

Also, what's more common, clear or frosted lenses for the lights to shine through?
By Kingpin
I believe the lenses on the Proton Packs used in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II were clear, however a lot of folks (including yours truly) opt for frosted because, as Marcus noted, they help obscure the LEDs better - the frosted effect also helps spread the light.

As for mounting, some folks mount flashlight reflectors to the shell, and fix the LEDs to the reflectors:

Others (especially those who have LED clusters for each Cyclotron light) mount the lights to metal rigs which are attached to the motherboard, and hold the lights in the right location - which is an adaption of how it was done in the screen-used Packs:

By Marcus B
An option might be, depending on if the depth allows for it, is too put something over the LEDs to diffuse them, while putting a clear lens on the pack to better replicate the movie packs and create the illusion you're using incandescent bulbs.
CosmoBubba liked this
By Sailerm
Given as simple as the system is, I'll attach the light kit to the shell rather than the mother board. Battery and switch have to be figured out as well :)
By Marcus B
I'm excited to see what it looks like. I pre-ordered my kit in Nov 2017, so it'll be a while before I get to work on mine. Get to vicariously live through posts like yours until then!

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]