By busterofb.c.00
So ANVOS has finally put up pre orders for the proton pack kits. And to be honest, who is going to buy it? Most people here probably already have a proton pack, and those it's a lot of money for a mainstream audience. I guess it's for the same people that want the life size slimer. What do you guys think?
By spydir
I'm going to be in the market for a pack in the fall, but the folks over at the GB subreddit were pretty disparaging to ANVOS and their product. So I'm not sure.
By busterofb.c.00
compared to other sites where ive seen prices as high as $2500, its pretty affordable. For instance, the hero shell on this site costs $300 and I've only seen one proton gun for sale online that was $250 so that's almost the full cost of the ANVOS pack and thats not including all the aesthetics that are needed as well.
By zeta otaku
I'll be buying one in a couple weeks. I already have a pack in mid-build, but my buddy has a pack that's almost 7 years old and... yeah, it was put together back when we really didn't know what we were doing and didn't really have the right tools. It's a real mess and is now at the point where it's beyond fixing. My group will be splitting the cost of one of these :D
By Ryan The Ghostbuster
I like this kit option,
Honestly when I heard anovos got the license I was worried, not due to their craftsmanship, they tend to produce high quality work from what I have seen in the past with other properties but it is always well out of my price range. So I feared there would be this new source for the some of the best gear and I would never be able to get a hold of it and I would be left feeling second rate with my gear that use to be top of the line, furthermore since they bought the rights I feared it would shut down other gb parts suppliers (Like gbfans, or throwing chicken) since anovos would have exclusive rights to produce things like the shell.

Now that I see it's $600 for pack and thrower with about everything you need I am less worried. It is very rare to see a kit in one place that has nearly everything you need let alone one that is also priced half way reasonable , I mean not every one can afford or consistently find all these parts separately Just the shipping because you have to get these parts from so many different sources can run into the hundreds and all the while hoping part A from one place fits on part B from another place. It's a good thing to offer a full pack at a decent price to get more people busting in style.

Don't get me wrong I am not sure if personally will get the anovos pack, I do already have a pack and have new Ghostbusters equipment I would like to make next. Also until I see a lot more about it I wouldn't jump in, as we are a very detail oriented folk and there is a lot that could be right or wrong with their work you just can't discern from the vague photos of a finished prop. However if anyone else asks me to build them a pack I will probably strongly suggest this as an option for nothing more than convenience and consistency in product they offer.
By Toolride
I saw it posted on Facebook earlier about Anovos packs that were being offered. I looked at the kit myself and I must say I'm intrigued. But looking at what you're getting the price isn't a bad deal all together. Heck just for a decent shell, you'll probably be spending a couple hundred dollars. For the entire kit (which DOES NOT include a A.L.I.C.E. Pack - That'll run you $50 extra) you're getting a pretty good deal in my opinion.

As for me personally, I'm still going to build my custom pack and gear on my own. I dunno... call me old fashioned but there's something nice about saying "See this here... I made that... oh that too... Yeah, I made that too" and sharing the wealth of knowledge you gained in the process... you know... the feels, man. PRIDE.

Versus going "oh hey... this thing... **drawn out snooty inhale** yeah I bought this off-a site. Cost me about $650 all together."
By Sephiroth
It'll be a decent kit, but if anyone thinks that the total cost is only around $650, then they are not taking into account several things. The cost of proper tools and paints, the cost of the electronics, the power supply, speakers and amplifier, shipping/handling, etc. This will drive the total cost above $1200 and more likely be about $1500 when all completed...and would still only be for GB2 pack/wand constructed with resin/plastic pieces. Not a bad deal, but this is no $650 pack at all.
EJLambert, Enderwigan liked this
By Lewis Tully
It's not a bad deal, but like someone said, it's all resin pieces on a fiberglass shell. It'll be like putting together an Ikea night stand version of the Proton Pack. I have thought about grabbing one just to have to knock around, but I doubt I will. I don't understand why the ALICE frame is another $40.00 when you can get one at most flea markets for literally $7.00. For a $40.00 price tag I was hoping to see some replicated LC-1 straps... It is what it is, but I'm more interested in seeing their version of the PKE and the Trap.
By Namssorg
I love the way this finished kit was weathered. It's got a few weird things going on, but overall it's a nice looking pack in these publicity photos. I'd love to see the actual kit you receive, though. Someone on the RPF posted photos of the unfinished Stormtrooper armor kit, and there's quite a lot of work to put into those still- cutting off the flash, etc etc. I'm curious to see how finished this kit is when it arrives. I'm also really curious if those Clippard valves are real or not!
By Kingpin
Lewis Tully wrote:I don't understand why the ALICE frame is another $40.00 when you can get one at most flea markets for literally $7.00.
If I had to guess, maybe the cost covers manufacturing? Or, clean-up and repair of stock?
By mortifactor
I've had my eye on some key GB props for a while, but haven't had the energy to devote to tracking down hundreds of separate parts and kit parts from different people. That's why I'm attracted to the ANOVOS kit. I could build it and upgrade parts as necessary. Do you guys know if there are other options I'm ignorant of? Literally my first foray into GB territory since I was 10 :walterpeck:
By Lowberg
Sure my man.

I highly recommend Nickatron Props. He sells full pack kits with almost everything included. Excellent quality.
http://www.nickatronprops.co.uk/product ... n-pack-kit

You can also get parts here from the gbfans store that are made by various members of the community.
http://www.gbfans.com/shop/pack-parts/

If you are interested in the more expensive custom fabricated aluminum parts, RJ at FreekyGeeky makes excellent quality stuff
http://freekygeeky.biz/

There are some other sellers too through face book ect that people use but I can't vouch for their quality
By Trid Cloudwalker
I put in my pre-order. Could I piece one together for a teesny bit less? Possibly. But the way I see it, I'm paying a convenience fee to get everything I need all at once without hunting and paying for shipments from all over the globe. I already have a frame, and I make electronics, and I've been building props professionally for years, so putting this together will be a simple weekend or two project. And if a couple pieces on it aren't to my satisfaction, I can upgrade them later. And being a professional licensed company, I know my sent money is secure and I won't be cheated. The only negative I've heard of Anovos is that they take a long time to get products out. This is true of FINISHED products, but the few kits they've offered have gotten to the buyers within 3 - 4 months of the pre-sale.
By venkman71
I've seen the kit. It's nice. It's the kind of kit I would have killed for when I did my first build, and it'll save the new first-time builder a LOT of legwork.
I really think it'll be considered a "springboard build" for those who are starting out. After they see how easy it is, I hope it'll kick em' up a notch to start modding and scratch building. I'll tell ya what,...if you wanna take a crack at building a game pack and you don't wanna sacrifice a nice accurate scratch build, you could do a whole lot worse than modding this kit.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the final kit is as well.

V71
bpontheair liked this
By Ecto-3A
I plan on eventually picking one up for the heck of it. It'll be neat to have a pack that I scratch built, one that I assembled from a member of the community (Nick-a-tron), and one that is licensed. Not to mention, I'm all for supporting Anovos, they've been doing a lot of cool kit and it's good to see something run by one of our own OGs.
nick-a-tron liked this
By Styrofoam_Guy
I got one of their Stormtrooper kits and the helmet was not bad. The rest of the armour was made of thinner material than most Stormtrooper armour I have seen. I guess they had to cut the costs somewhere. I have also seen photos of helmets that were put together terribly at the factory. I have also heard stories of items ordered but delivery deadlines being pushed back multiple times.

It sounds like they are very busy and can not keep up with the demands.

Also when they were advertising the Stormtrooper costumes they did not have photos of their prototype armour but used an existing one manufactured by someone else. However saying all that there are a lot of people being approved for the 501st with the Avonos armour.

Avonos is there to make money. So I would not expect the best quality. It is a good start for someone just getting into it. Someone who has built a pack before would probably replace a lot of the parts.
By damster117
I was very interested in one of these. The quality is surely going to be good as they would use industrial resin casting methods with less air bubbles? What's put me off however is the $278 USD shipping to the UK! That's before Her Majesty's Customs and Excise add their cut this end!
By Ecto-3A
I have new concerns, not so much about quality, but follow through on orders. I very recently attempted to order some pieces and only received a portion of my order, despite the records showing that the entire order was shipped (we're not talking cheap here either). I'm going on week 3 of trying to get a response from someone, getting ready to go to my credit card company instead.
By jedichewie
I pre-ordered one when they were first announced. I've been dying to get a pack built for years now but this build has always intimidated the hell out of me. I built my AT-AT Driver, a Biker Scout and now working on an Imperial Navy Trooper, but that is the extent of my experience. I figure I can get a near complete kit at a decent price and it'll build my confidence to eventually try a scratch build.
By YoZiggy
I've been considering getting this pack as a starter, as I don't have my own yet. The one I'd like to build is going to cost me well over $4,000. Then again, I'm a stickler for accuracy and extra mods. I'd like to have a pack to start with without spending an insane amount of money, so hopefully if I invest in this one, it will be worth it until I can get to work on the other one.

I'd like to see one fully built first before I decide to buy though, so I'll be checking back regularly for updates. If any of you guys buy and build one, please post pics and details.

Personally, I think it looks great for a starter. The specs seem highly detailed, at least to the naked eye. Hopefully ANOVOS can deliver.

Ziggy
zeta otaku liked this
By JediChris1138
So I've been meaning to do a pack literally FOREVER - and this seems straightforward, but I have so many questions - how much will be completed? What tools might I need? What modifications can I make?

The idea seems cool, but I need to know if I'll have the tools and knowledge necessary to throw this sucker together.

Have they released anything to that effect?
deadderek liked this
By Sephiroth
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished ANOVOS pack and wand kit and what quality it offers at the price point of $600 it is advertised for. I know some people that are involved in its design and I'm very hopeful it will be an excellent starter kit and I know that my father and I are on tap to assemble/modify several of them when they start shipping.

With that said, I do want to touch on a few things for members that are new to exciting world of Ghostbusters prop building. If you think you will have a full-up proton pack you can wear right out of the box for only $600.00 or maybe just a little more, then you are kidding yourself. The estimated shipping charge for UPS Ground for the kit is apprx $87.00 ($108.00 if adding in the ALICE Frame) at least from CA to GA. You will need to purchase an ALICE frame and straps, which they will also offer for $40.00, but I would go with purchasing an authentic LC-2 set as they are still readily available and more likely cheaper. Assembly is required; tools will need to be purchased if you don't have them already or access to a friend's tools, cost can vary depending on what you will needed. Paint supplies wil also be needed and will add to the overall cost...you don't want to skimp with cheap paint. The pack kit does not include electronics; cost for that upgrade is pending, but expect to pay over $100 and probably closer to $250 if needing to add a speakers, amp and a dedicated 12v battery. At a minimum, be prepared to pay over $1000.00 and probably closer to $1200 for a completed pack and that's if you do all the work yourself and don't upgrade any of the parts that come with the kit. Still not a bad deal at all, but I'd like for new members to have a more realistic expectation of what they are investing in.
deadderek liked this
By Michaelvk
A lot of people I know are sceptical of Anovos, as they were really poor on delivery and customer service regarding their Star Wars stuff, and weren't all that impressed with the quality. With HAT being said, if they have learned from that experience, and Ghostbusters not being quite at the same level of costuming as Star Wars, maybe they'll be able to pull it off? It's certainly worth keeping an eye on..
By ccv66
I dont expect ellite quality for $600. Fair pack for fair price... What i am skeptical about is there electronic kit. How good will it be? Will it be overpriced? Probably going yo use gbfan elec kits
By jedichewie
Sephiroth wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing the finished ANOVOS pack and wand kit and what quality it offers at the price point of $600 it is advertised for. I know some people that are involved in its design and I'm very hopeful it will be an excellent starter kit and I know that my father and I are on tap to assemble/modify several of them when they start shipping.

With that said, I do want to touch on a few things for members that are new to exciting world of Ghostbusters prop building. If you think you will have a full-up proton pack you can wear right out of the box for only $600.00 or maybe just a little more, then you are kidding yourself. The estimated shipping charge for UPS Ground for the kit is apprx $87.00 ($108.00 if adding in the ALICE Frame) at least from CA to GA. You will need to purchase an ALICE frame and straps, which they will also offer for $40.00, but I would go with purchasing an authentic LC-2 set as they are still readily available and more likely cheaper. Assembly is required; tools will need to be purchased if you don't have them already or access to a friend's tools, cost can vary depending on what you will needed. Paint supplies wil also be needed and will add to the overall cost...you don't want to skimp with cheap paint. The pack kit does not include electronics; cost for that upgrade is pending, but expect to pay over $100 and probably closer to $250 if needing to add a speakers, amp and a dedicated 12v battery. At a minimum, be prepared to pay over $1000.00 and probably closer to $1200 for a completed pack and that's if you do all the work yourself and don't upgrade any of the parts that come with the kit. Still not a bad deal at all, but I'd like for new members to have a more realistic expectation of what they are investing in.
I'm definitely looking forward to building this pack. I don't think I could live with myself if it came out of the box ready to wear. I'm already eyeing other electronic kits to add when this is built.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]