This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By cowbybill
I know there is a thread about police style badges somewhere, but I have searched and searched for it and cannot find it.
A while ago I came across the thread where someone had made a metal police style badg. So I figured why not, I'll give it a shot. I went to a site and had one made, went on E-bay bought an enamel pin dremeled the pin off and attached it to the center of the shield (at this point I need to add this was not my idea and if I could find the thread about it I would give proper credit to whomever did it.) this is how it came out:
I also got a badge wallet to go with it so I could have my badge with my GBFans ID card:
And finally since I'm going to Wondercon and wanted a way to place the badge and the wondercon badge together I picked up one of these:
The place I ordered the badge from was BadgeandWallet.com and cost approx $80.00 and 15.00 for the wallet.
I found the badge holder at a surplus store for $10.00. You need to be sure to tell them not to include a shield on the badge so you can put a GB logo there. The number on the bottom is the month and year I was born.
And of course the GBFans ID card was purchased through AJ and the site.
Like I said if I could remember who did this I would want to thank them. I'm really happy the way it came out.
By cowbybill
Some_Guy wrote:hawaiiangb originally came up with the idea:
Thanks for giving Hawaiiangb the shout out :-D
I like to give proper credit for these things. I simply could not remember who it was
By cowbybill
Thanks Sam..Wondercon is gonna be a blast! I gotta keep my credit cards at home though I'm sure there's going to be a boatload of stuff there!
By Lumokan
slimershomie wrote:Would there be any legal issues with these? ...cause i kinda want one now.
There wouldn't be. It is illegal to impersonate a Police officer, Fire officer etc. but having a "prop" for novelty purposes of a COMPLETELY fictional and no-chance-of-existing movie company is fine.
By Gareee
I picked up the pin almost 2 years ago planning on using it to make a badge. Which design is that, and from which website?

I always think of this too late to be delivered in time for an event.
By Lumokan
HawaiianGB, (it looks like) cowboybill and I all used http://www.thefirestore.com/store/build ... ibi_type=1.
(Unfortunately I can't direct link on that site) so go to:
-Smith and Warren
-Eagle tops group 1
-TFSS528

I got the nickel with soft enamel, block, red text.

I bought it at the same time as the "perfect fit" badge wallet. Also! You'll notice when you put the badge together that you have to select a seal to go in the middle. Select any free one and when you get the badge put it over the steam of the kettle to melt the glue a bit and jimmy it off - that's what I did.

Definitely worth getting, such a cool and not-so-common prop to have.
By Gareee
Thanks! I was at the store a few months ago, and couldn't locate that same badge. That will help!

Did you select the duo tone?
By Cardboard Buster
Where do you get badges from? You all seem to have the same kind: longer than it is wide with an eagle on top. Is that a standard costume badge?

Also how did you customize it to say "Ghostbusters Paranormal Investigations and Eliminations" ?
By Gareee
This is where I was directed to for the badges. They make them custom for you. The logo in the middle is a vintage pin that shows up on ebay every now and then.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/build ... 2b511755TR

BTW, That link was reposted four posts above yours.
By Some_Guy
Also, remember guys.

That website is a company that makes badges for real EMTs, Police Officers, and Fire Fighters; don't flood them with Ghostbusters Badge requests - they might remove the ability to make customized badges if you overwhelm them.
By cowbybill
I got mine from here:
http://www.badgeandwallet.com/

I had them leave the center empty so I could place the pin in there. When they called to confirm my order I explained why I wanted the seal left empty and the guy on the phone thought it was pretty cool (this was a year ago mind you).

Also just want to thank HawaiianGB again for the inspiration to do this, without his post I would not have thought to have one made.
By sorak
nice custom job.
where did you source the GB logo for the centre piece?
is there a site which makes them or was it a ebay find?
By Gareee
We mentioned the enamel pin several times in the thread. I got mine off ebay UK.
By cowbybill
BuuZero wrote:Dumb question but how do you attatch the GB pin to the badge? Also I can't order with a blank seal
I used JB weld, also I called them and asked them to leave the seal blank.
By Lumokan
cowbybill wrote:
BuuZero wrote:Dumb question but how do you attatch the GB pin to the badge? Also I can't order with a blank seal
I called them and asked them to leave the seal blank.
That's a better idea than mine, I just ordered a random seal and held it over a boiling kettle to steam it off. Worked a treat but it would have been easier without one.
By Nboucher2392
I looked into getting a badge like that made. Found some really nice ones out there. I may end up having to really get one now after seeing how awesome they look.
By BuuZero
I found a canadian maker of badges and ordered one, i went with a medium size, the pin will be tight but it will work
here's a mock up for my badge and id card, will post the physical copies when i receive them
By Gareee
Is thats a scale insert of the pin everyone is using, you are probably going to find that badge is a bit on the small side. When you post a pic of the badge, please also put something for scale in the pic as well, like a ruler or quarter or something
By Alex Newborn
BuuZero wrote:I found a canadian maker of badges and ordered one, i went with a medium size, the pin will be tight but it will work
here's a mock up for my badge and id card, will post the physical copies when i receive them
I hope they caught the typos and fixed them.

The missing L in Alberta was the first one that jumped out at me, but there are a couple more.

Alex
By Gareee
They are probably going to do exactly what you sent them.
By BuuZero
*facepalm* shoot didn't nottice that, gonna have to get it reprinted

Shows what happens when you don't proof read, only out $11.00
By BuuZero
Woot, ID and pin have arrived. sheild and wallet are enroute. should have pics by the weekend. just need to pick up epoxy

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]