Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hey Gang,

Here's a little something that I've been chipping away at on the weekends. Around the Christmas season I tricked out my DST rooftop diorama to be a bit more festive.

Sadly, when I took all the decorations off of it after the holidays I felt it was looking a little plain. I'd always intended to give it a going over but kept putting it off. Seeing the contrast from how lively and fun it looked to how it looked afterward was enough finally get me motivated to get to work. Diamond actually did a really great job with this dio. Yeah it's out of scale but to build it to scale would be impractical. This thing is huge as it is. As a display piece it does everything it needs to. In my opinion anyway.

So the first order of business was to knock back some of that pristine plastic look. To help with that I took a few swipes at it with the dremmel.

Then a little drilling and cutting. Some gluing and seam filling. After that I hit (most) everything with primer and the base coat.

The next order of business? It's solderin' time!

So far I have completed all of the external lighting. This consists of ten 3mm warm white 'floodlights' and 4 segments of LED tape for the for the 4 rectangular lights at the foot of the temple door. I made the 4 light boxes with the LED tape in a way that allows the lights to be slide in and out should I need to fix a faulty segment or something. Here's the set up.

First test...

These last two shots were taken in a completely dark room. All the light is coming from the diorama itself. I'm really happy with how this is looking. I have to build and light the interior. I'll be starting that this weekend.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]