Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
I was at a toy show this past weekend and saw this particular Ecto-1A on the top shelf of a vendor's booth. I inquired about the price ($200) and the guy said it was a rare find. I've never seen this diecast before nor heard of "Lancelot Productions".

That's a custom, not an actual product. It's a custom made off of the Joyride Ecto-1. You can even see the lines where things were pasted over it (and the neon sign on the top of the roof looks very homemade along with a lot of the pictures that are glued onto the box).

You can especially tell if you compare the lines along the right side of the window of the box (the line is exactly the same), and the "New Item" sticker.
MoonRay liked this
That's a horrible custom to boot. Just look at the caution striping and how it looks to be inkjet printed, not cut out straight and even in some parts you can see where the glue used to adhere it made the ink run. I am willing to bet the seller did this themselves to try and make more money off a total sucker. I like how the Slimer art on the right of the packaging could've easily been put on the left and swapped with the tilted 1-A license plate and would've looked more presentable design-wise. The part I love the best, is the additional bad shrink wrapping job around the box. This is done so you can't look at the shit show by pulling it out of the box while you're at the show. By then it's too late, the toy show is over and poof, so is the seller. I hope you didn't buy this because you could almost buy 3 Joyride Ecto's for the price he was asking for and done a better custom job yourself. I hate seeing shit like this at conventions or toy shows.

I just noticed the rear light bar has been removed and in its place looks to be a poor attempt at the large rear white canister. That large "tube" coming out of it looks like it might be a white coaxial cable. Ewww.
Trust me, I wasn't even considering on buying or making an offer for this Ecto-1A. It just looked weird and off to me that I had to inquire about it. Besides the car itself, the packaging is what really made me suspicious with the "Lancelot Productions" name (when I Googled it, I couldn't find anything). That packaging is horrible with the titled license plate and the re-used shrink wrap. When I asked the seller when this came out and how it compared to the Joyride or Hot Wheels lines, he didn't know what I was talking about and said it was older than that.
Kingpin wrote:Amusingly when early prototype shots of the Joyride Ecto-1 diecast came out, it looked even more like the '1A.
I heard that the initial plan for the Joyride Ecto was for it to be the 1A, the hub caps on the wheels and the inside of the back of the car even look like that of the 1A. I think theres a thread in the Ectomobile section about this with photos as well.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]