Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Jangonate
Found the Classic Figs at my Walmart along with the trap. They had plenty of Hot Wheels Ecto 1 and 2, but no packs of Ecto 1 and 1A. Come on local Walmart!

I'm in NC.
By below_radar_00
The plot thickens...I just called my local TRU to see if they got in anymore stuff and the guy said that they have GB stuff but that they aren't allowed to put it out until the 10th. What's odd is that I went there last Sunday and picked up a few items. This is all pretty confusing. Leaked dates said 5/1, boxes pictured have said 5/1, but many of the stores are telling us 5/10 even though we're seeing stuff on the shelves. Here's hoping that Tuesday brings in the rest of what some of us are looking for!
By Havoc0213
Picked up the new screaming Slimer toy from Toys'r'us last night and it sounds like he has the same voice that was used for Slimer in the Ecto Goggle props.
By SeikoVoiceNote29
Well...I picked up the new Mattel Ecto mini/ slime canisters and they are pretty cool. There is something so oddly comforting to see a mini figure submerged in slime. :blush: The only minor complaint I have is that the slime is so viscous that the playability is compromised. It is so hard to remove from your hand that you end up loosing some of it because you have to wash it off. Bummer. At its $9.95 price point, it seems that Kenner Ecto Plazm gave you more bang for your buck with a more durable slime. And, ahh...that ecto plazm smell... :whatever: Has anyone else picked this product up?
By Havoc0213
SeikoVoiceNote29 wrote:Well...I picked up the new Mattel Ecto mini/ slime canisters and they are pretty cool. There is something so oddly comforting to see a mini figure submerged in slime. :blush: The only minor complaint I have is that the slime is so viscous that the playability is compromised. It is so hard to remove from your hand that you end up loosing some of it because you have to wash it off. Bummer. At its $9.95 price point, it seems that Kenner Ecto Plazm gave you more bang for your buck with a more durable slime. And, ahh...that ecto plazm smell... :whatever: Has anyone else picked this product up?
My friend found them a few days back but I haven't been able to locate any in my area. The Slime containers are one of the few things I want to pick up at the moment. I'm a little bummed that they are priced at $10 though, I wish they were a bit cheaper than that. It feels a little expensive for something that looks so basic. Maybe I'll feel differently when I finally find them.
By below_radar_00
SeikoVoiceNote29 wrote:Well...I picked up the new Mattel Ecto mini/ slime canisters and they are pretty cool. There is something so oddly comforting to see a mini figure submerged in slime. :blush: The only minor complaint I have is that the slime is so viscous that the playability is compromised. It is so hard to remove from your hand that you end up loosing some of it because you have to wash it off. Bummer. At its $9.95 price point, it seems that Kenner Ecto Plazm gave you more bang for your buck with a more durable slime. And, ahh...that ecto plazm smell... :whatever: Has anyone else picked this product up?
I found a ton of the slime ones today. Bought two of the guys and two of the spoiler figure that shall not be named. :)

I haven't opened them yet though. Got a great score at Walmart today. Found all four classic guys and blind bags of classic and 2016.
By Doctor Venkman
Found some more stuff locally today, but still missing out on a lot.

So far, I've found:
- All four 2016 Ghostbusters figures
- All three 2016 Ghost figures
- Slimer doll
- Ecto-1 w/ Slimer minifig
- Slimer, Stay Puft, No Ghost large and small plushies
- Proton pack
- Squishy stress ball Slimer, Rat, Splitting Ghost
- Hot Wheels Ecto-1

Still haven't found any:
- Classic Ghostbusters
- Blind bag figures
- Mini figure packs
- Hot Wheels Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A
- Hot Wheels 2016 Ecto-1 and Ecto-2

Only thing I actually purchased so far is the Hot Wheels Ecto-1 and a No-Ghost keychain plushie. Most I will wait for sales, or to see if I enjoy the movie and want to have more merchandise related to it. But if I can find the classic stuff... oh boy, I'm in.
By B-Rad
Went out to my local walmart again today and finally they had stuff out. Classic GB Figures, Blind Bag mini's, Trap playset, and the slime with mini figs. I only picked up 2 blind bags which I got ray and a terror dog.
By below_radar_00
Doctor Venkman wrote:Found some more stuff locally today, but still missing out on a lot.

So far, I've found:
- All four 2016 Ghostbusters figures
- All three 2016 Ghost figures
- Slimer doll
- Ecto-1 w/ Slimer minifig
- Slimer, Stay Puft, No Ghost large and small plushies
- Proton pack
- Squishy stress ball Slimer, Rat, Splitting Ghost
- Hot Wheels Ecto-1

Still haven't found any:
- Classic Ghostbusters
- Blind bag figures
- Mini figure packs

Only thing I actually purchased so far is the Hot Wheels Ecto-1 and a No-Ghost keychain plushie. Most I will wait for sales, or to see if I enjoy the movie and want to have more merchandise related to it. But if I can find the classic stuff... oh boy, I'm in.
I'm sitting missing these:

- Mini figure packs
- Mini trap playset

I'm getting close!
By emgamera
Here is a list of codes for the 2016 and the Classic Ecto Minis.
Notes: I found these at Wal-Mart. As with other coded mini blind bags, the codes may vary by store as well as by production run. Therefore, use this guide knowing that your mileage may vary.
These codes are embossed on the back of the package, along the bottom edge, to the left of the seam. They can be awfully hard to read, but if you catch the right light, you can make them out just fine.

The first series of numbers does not seem to mean anything. It's the two letters following the numbers that correlate to each character.

CLASSICS:

07060B AA -- Venkman
06860B AB -- Egon
07060B AC -- Stantz
07060B AD -- Zeddemore
06960B AE -- Slimer (Translucent)
06860B AF -- Terror Dog (Translucent)
07060B AG -- Venkman (Glow)
07060B AH -- Egon (Glow)
07060B AI -- Stantz (Glow)
? AJ -- Zeddemore (Glow)
06860B AK -- Slimer (Solid)
06706B AL -- Terror Dog (Solid)

2016:

07860B AM -- Abby Yates
07860B AN -- Erin Gilbert
07860B AO -- Jillian Holtzman
07760B AP -- Patty Tolan
? AQ -- Kevin
07760B AR -- Slimer
07860B AS -- Running guy in red clothes
07460B AT -- Yellow splitting ghost
07560B AU -- Blue animal ghost
07460B AV -- Yellow bee bug ghost
07460B AW -- Trap ghost
07460B AX -- White female ghost

The two bolded ones are figures I did not find. So I don't know the numbers, and am assuming the letters in sequence. I presume that I missed them because I and J looked alike, and O and Q looked alike.

Having said that, if anyone has an extra Kevin or Glow Winston, I sure would appreciate a PM!

I hope this helps someone out there.

Happy hunting!
DaveLister liked this
By JCRJr3
My local Wal-Mart had all the busters, classic and new. They had the blind bag ecto mini figures classic & new. Everything else I've found at my local Toys R Us except for the Trap Playset. Still can't find that anywhere!
By RedWithEvil
Since there is "classic" Ghostbuster figures and stuff, and with slimer and stay puft popping back up. I really wish (if even kid-sized) they'd make a Ghostbusters "classic" proton pack. Or at least USE this opportunity to roll out with some Real Ghostbusters stuff that Matty used to tease about before pulling the plug.

I've seen the new stuff start trickling into stores, and I just can't help but think of what "could of been".
By below_radar_00
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:No sidearm gun yet but I did find two of the classic bunt stay puft figures yesterday at Wal Mart. They seemed to be packed in the case with Rowan, Mayhem, and new Puft.
I think Stay Puft might be a Wal-Mart exclusive just like the rest of the classic stuff. I wonder if Mattel would package the Rowan, Mayhem, and Balloon Stay Puft with the classic Stay Puft just for Wal-Mart? At this point, the only stuff I haven't seen any of are the mini packs, classic Stay Puft, mini trap set, and side arm gun (which it seems no one has seen that).

I wonder if Mattel is ever going to release a trap for role play? I assume the mini trap set doesn't double as a role play item does it?
By YHSCraig
Just found the 4 classic busters at Wal-Mart! Super excited about these.

As far as the min-trap goes, it's pretty small. When it's close up those, it does look cool, but there is no functionality other than opening and closing it manually.
By below_radar_00
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Anybody have close up pictures of ecto mini Kevin? Is his pack different?
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on May 9th, 2016, 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
By below_radar_00
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Weird, but thanks! It was driving me insane!
That must be a movie spoiler right? Surely they wouldn't use that mold by mistake. Especially considering that wand is the new style. That's one heck of a spoiler if we can expect that.
By below_radar_00
pyhasanon wrote:So, the swivelling hook behind the Proton Pack, what is it for? The trap? Pistol?
Are you talking about on the projector pack toy? The only swiveling hook I know of is the one the wand hooks to.
By Kingpin
below_radar_00 wrote:
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Weird, but thanks! It was driving me insane!
That must be a movie spoiler right? Surely they wouldn't use that mold by mistake. Especially considering that wand is the new style. That's one heck of a spoiler if we can expect that.
It's indeed up for speculation, though it could be similar to what we saw happen with the Ghostbusters Minimates, where the Real Ghostbusters variants were given repainted movie Packs and movie torsos that still featured the moulding for the nametag, because it was cheaper than making new parts.
By Havoc0213
below_radar_00 wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:So, the swivelling hook behind the Proton Pack, what is it for? The trap? Pistol?
Are you talking about on the projector pack toy? The only swiveling hook I know of is the one the wand hooks to.
There is the detachable hook that holds the wand, but on the opposite side of the pack towards the bottom there is a swiveling hook.

My thought was it was a hook to hold the trap, but I had forgotten about the pistol.
By robandliv
In San Antonio,

I saw all the new girl ghostbuster figures and Ecto1 at Toys r us yesterday. I am looking for Stay Puft. I guess I need to look at walmart for that. They had a spot marked for proton packs but were out of them. I hope to pick one of those up to.

Happy Hunting guys
By 910dohead
The running red guy from the mini's is a hotel bell hop. The more time that passes and the more we start seeing new details emerging, I am really starting to think that guy who claims to have seen a rough cut was telling the truth.
By Kingpin
910dohead wrote:The running red guy from the mini's is a hotel bell hop. The more time that passes and the more we start seeing new details emerging, I am really starting to think that guy who claims to have seen a rough cut was telling the truth.
By toby88
On the way home from my family's Mother's Day excursion, we stopped at a Wal-Mart in Sanford Fl, they had the GB logo stickers, and those mystery mini figures from the reboot. 2nd and 3rd Wal-Mart's were in Orlando, found Stantz and Venkman Classic figures and the mystery mini figures from the 1984 movie. Has anyone mentioned the 1984 mystery mini figures?

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]