Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By 910dohead
Kingpin wrote:
910dohead wrote:The running red guy from the mini's is a hotel bell hop. The more time that passes and the more we start seeing new details emerging, I am really starting to think that guy who claims to have seen a rough cut was telling the truth.
This Post Contains Spoilers
By Whirlygig
emgamera wrote:2016:
The two bolded ones are figures I did not find.
Those match up with what I found except I think my Abby Yates, oddly, was 'AB' (I took notes as I opened them so I am pretty sure that's what it was).

As for the guy running away from something, there's a wikia with these things on it and they list him by name. Maybe they are just making assumptions but it jives with the spoiler tagged stuff above.

I did a city-wide sweep yesterday and found the same things as Doctor Venkman scattered about. I found Yates/Gilbert at a TRU and a Wal-Mart, but I only found Tolan/Holtzmann at a Wal-Mart and there were 1 of each of them but 2 each of the others. So in all, 3 of the first pair and 1 of the second..you wouldn't think they'd make some scarcer than others would you?

My happiest find was the Ecto 1 and 2 pack. One TRU had 6 of that 2-pack. First time I've ever found a single Hot Wheels labeled "Ecto-" in the wild, and now my set of 1:64 Ectos can be called complete again!

Sure hope I find the classic figures before the scalpers.
By Whirlygig
^^ that's like the 2nd time I've seen some news outlet claiming the first Ecto-1 was not a hearse....wut?

Huh...just did my research. I'm an idiot. I've always thought it was a hearse and that was part of the joke. Time to trade in my fan card.
By Travis Burrell
im getting off topic I know, but that's what always confused me.

the 59 superior ambulance light was on the 59 MillerMeteor that was used for the 84 film right? The superior has that weird looking angle back window correct? The M-M was the ectos back with its straight window going down the back side?

Sorry. again. Im trying to stay on topic but my A.D.D. gets to me.
By Havoc0213
Whirlygig wrote:^^ that's like the 2nd time I've seen some news outlet claiming the first Ecto-1 was not a hearse....wut?

Huh...just did my research. I'm an idiot. I've always thought it was a hearse and that was part of the joke. Time to trade in my fan card.
If it makes you feel better they were used as both. You can keep your fan card lol
By Liquidphoenix
Spoiler, Male buster with the original pack is not just a head swap and wand swap. It's a totally different mold and just a bit larger scale then Classics figures. Man...it would be awesome if all along they have been lying to us or added our "real" Ghostbusters into this film. I'm still 90% not sold on new film but time could change that.

So far I've picked up all the classic ecto mini figures(12) and 4 of the new buster mini wave figures (ones not found in 3pk). Also, Hot Wheel 2 pk of new Ectos and classic Ecto and A1.
From the classic Walmart wave. Peter, Ray and the real Stay Puft not that balloon stunt. My search is showing me Puft goes fast, and classics are gone soon as someone finds out they are there. New busters are left on the pegs along with Rowan. I'm hoping to find Egon and Winston in my travels tomorrow. Walmart toy guy told me their reset happens tonight if not tomorrow.
By Whirlygig
Just got back from Wal-Mart. Found a fresh case on the pegs, I'm assuming, which is 2 Stanz, 2 Venkman, 1 Spengler, 1 Zeddemore. Got my set! (They were *NOT* there last night, just empty pegs but for a single Abby Yates.) As I was sitting there on the floor (with my stack of figures), another guy walked down the aisle and spotted the remaing Peter/Ray hanging there and got very, very excited...

This case packing is basically identical to the NewBusters, which is 2 Yates, 2 Gilbert, 1 Holtzmann, 1 Tolan. I guess we know which stereotypes Mattel considers the "B-team".

Also saw for the first time: traps, ectoplasm, and the classic ecto minis. Grabbed 'em all.

They had also put out Hot Wheels 2 packs but only the new Ecto-1 & 2. After my full weekend search I'm concluding either the classic 2-pack is not part of the first wave, or, there's a massive scalper conspiracy to prevent classic Ectos from ever reaching store shelves perpetrated in backrooms and on delivery trucks.
Last edited by Whirlygig on May 10th, 2016, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Travis Burrell
Liquidphoenix wrote:Man...it would be awesome if all along they have been lying to us or added our "real" Ghostbusters into this film. I'm still 90% not sold on new film but time could change that.
Don't get your hopes up that they will actually be Ghostbusters busting ghost.

I believe that they are just cameos in this universe as completely different people who never got together and what could have been if they never met each other.

Plus Dan is going to be a taxi driver in this one. More than likely looking like this...
By toby88
I think my collection is complete for now...

My collection from Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU.

Has anyone else seen the Ecto-1 Hotwheel sold in a single package? I found a whole display case of them at Wal-Mart just now.

Like I said before the Wal-Mart items were placed on the top shelf were no one could see them. The mini figures, and slime figures were still in their display boxes un-opened...until I found them...

I'm hoping we see the Classic 4 guys on clearance down the road, I hope to find them all MOC. Mine were a little torn and ripped.

By Havoc0213
toby88 wrote:I think my collection is complete for now...

Has anyone else seen the Ecto-1 Hotwheel sold in a single package? I found a whole display case of them at Wal-Mart just now.
Yeah, those are the re-released Retro Entertainment cars. I fount 2 of them today myself. Quite a surprise. Retro Entertainment cars are a rare find at walmart in Phoenix as they tend to carry them some of the time.
By below_radar_00
I noticed that some items are on the TRU website as of today. I went to two Targets, two Walmarts and a TRU today and the only new thing I found was the mini trap playset. I did see where Walmart had new pegs set up for everything but they hadn't stocked up yet.
By toby88
Havoc0213 wrote:
toby88 wrote:I think my collection is complete for now...

Yeah, those are the re-released Retro Entertainment cars. I fount 2 of them today myself. Quite a surprise. Retro Entertainment cars are a rare find at walmart in Phoenix as they tend to carry them some of the time.

I just looked up the Retro series, do you know when they first released the Ecto-1? Or is this a brand new line in the series?
By CaptCyan
emgamera wrote:Here is a list of codes for the 2016 and the Classic Ecto Minis.
Notes: I found these at Wal-Mart. As with other coded mini blind bags, the codes may vary by store as well as by production run. Therefore, use this guide knowing that your mileage may vary.
These codes are embossed on the back of the package, along the bottom edge, to the left of the seam. They can be awfully hard to read, but if you catch the right light, you can make them out just fine.
Hey em!

Thanks for the list of codes. I found a box of both 2016 and Classic Minis and was able to pick out these beauties.

I've noticed that the translucent figures have partial Skeletons inside of them that will Glow in the Dark.

Last edited by Kingpin on May 11th, 2016, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
Kingpin liked this
By Whirlygig
My ecto mini normal slimer is kind of weird. The back half of it is a very smooth, glossy plastic, the arms are still fairly smooth, but the front half of the body is a rough, matte, seemingly unfinished plastic. Is your guys' the same way?
toby88 wrote:
Havoc0213 wrote:I just looked up the Retro series, do you know when they first released the Ecto-1? Or is this a brand new line in the series?
Ecto-1 was first released in the Retro Entertainment series in 2013, as part of the very first wave. That version is difficult to get at an agreeable price. I never managed to get one, but they re-released it just this year as a single, completely independent from these new 2-packs. The re-issue just started hitting retailers/dealers within the past month or so (that's when mine came in from a pre-order). It is part of the 2016 dash code A wave. Since I don't have the original issue I don't know if there are any subtle variations between the two, which is usually the case when HW are reissued.

You may also be interested to know that Ecto-1A and the RGB Ecto-1 have also been part of this series, both fairly recently issued for the first time in the series.

From what I have seen from close-up pics of the new 2 pack, and my own collection, there are probably no differences between the 1/1A 2-pack and the 2 most recent issues in the Retro Entertainment series.
By Talyn
The front of the slimer is rough because its painted with glow in the dark paint, they were just cheap and only painted the front half before assembling. Apparently there is also a black Terror Dog, ive seen it on ebay, but I only have the stone and smoke clear ones.
By below_radar_00
Talyn wrote:The front of the slimer is rough because its painted with glow in the dark paint, they were just cheap and only painted the front half before assembling. Apparently there is also a black Terror Dog, ive seen it on ebay, but I only have the stone and smoke clear ones.
We have a thread going about the black terror dog in the wanted sub-forum. I bought a whole box of minis and received two black terror dogs myself.
By pyhasanon
Havoc0213 wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:So, the swivelling hook behind the Proton Pack, what is it for? The trap? Pistol?
My thought was it was a hook to hold the trap, but I had forgotten about the pistol.
Maybe the trap? Dunno, kinda just hangs there... Isn't that how Holtzmann wears the trap in the movie? I thought I saw somebody mention it before...

By below_radar_00
Most of the '16 merch is available on TRU's website now.

They have the following:

- 2016 Hot Wheels
- Proton Pack
- Ecto 1 w/ Mini Fig
- All four 6 inch ladies
- All three 6 inch ghosts
- 6 Inch Slimer
- 4 Inch Rat Ghost
- 4 Inch Splitting Ghost
- 4 Inch Slimer

The only things they are missing right now that I can think of are:

- Mini Trap Playset
- 3 Pack Minis (which I still haven't found!)
- Blind Bags
By Havoc0213
pyhasanon wrote:
Havoc0213 wrote: My thought was it was a hook to hold the trap, but I had forgotten about the pistol.
Maybe the trap? Dunno, kinda just hangs there... Isn't that how Holtzmann wears the trap in the movie? I thought I saw somebody mention it before...

Can't imagine the trap (or anything else) staying on that hook very long while kids run around the house chasing ghosts. I'd like to know the thoughts that went into that design because it seems a little useless if you ask me.
By Buckynohair
Do we know if these are releasing in the uk? As I read a post from a local shop saying the human characters won't be released over here. Which seems strange to say the least.
By joeghostbuster
CaptCyan wrote:Thanks for the list of codes. I found a box of both 2016 and Classic Minis and was able to pick out these beauties. I've noticed that the translucent figures have partial Skeletons inside of them that will Glow in the Dark.
hey Cap, nice to see you on the boards again! :) I also picked up all the classic minis (I knew to avoid dupes using the codes that were posted), for $3 each these things are a bargain!

By Whirlygig
Well, I have now been to somewhere around 10 Walmarts since last Sunday...and I still have not seen a single burnt Stay-Puft. I did finally encounter 4 of the Ecto-1/Ecto-1A 2-packs yesterday...
joeghostbuster wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:for $3 each these things are a bargain!
Hmm. IMO "bargain" is a strong word...I see them as worth more like half that (or less)...but the market has decided this is what we'll pay for blind bag minis nowadays so that's what we're stuck with.
By below_radar_00
Whirlygig wrote:Well, I have now been to somewhere around 10 Walmarts since last Sunday...and I still have not seen a single burnt Stay-Puft. I did finally encounter 4 of the Ecto-1/Ecto-1A 2-packs yesterday...
I haven't seen a burnt Stay-Puft either and I don't recall anyone on here saying that they have one. I do see a handful of them on eBay though so they are out somewhere. I've seen the classic Ectos, all four classic guys, and every classic blind bag but not a single burnt Stay-Puft.

I also haven't seen the 2016 board game that's listed on Target.com or the 2016 side arm. Those must not be out yet because no one has seem them (to my knowledge) and you can't purchase them on eBay. I also wonder when the new Monopoly game comes out. I thought I heard May so maybe it'll be out in the next couple of weeks?
By Heroic35
Liquidphoenix wrote:Spoiler, Male buster with the original pack is not just a head swap and wand swap. It's a totally different mold and just a bit larger scale then Classics figures. Man...it would be awesome if all along they have been lying to us or added our "real" Ghostbusters into this film. I'm still 90% not sold on new film but time could change that.

So far I've picked up all the classic ecto mini figures(12) and 4 of the new buster mini wave figures (ones not found in 3pk). Also, Hot Wheel 2 pk of new Ectos and classic Ecto and A1.
From the classic Walmart wave. Peter, Ray and the real Stay Puft not that balloon stunt. My search is showing me Puft goes fast, and classics are gone soon as someone finds out they are there. New busters are left on the pegs along with Rowan. I'm hoping to find Egon and Winston in my travels tomorrow. Walmart toy guy told me their reset happens tonight if not tomorrow.
Not the balloon Puft...? Am I missing something? I thought that was the only Puft toy that came out?

I'd guess the hook on the Vick is for either the trap or blaster. Makes it easy to grab for kids.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]