Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By B-Rad
For now I bet it's mostly been collectors, fans, and scalpers that have picked it up the merch. Kids probably aren't interested yet since they haven't seen the movie and have no idea what it is. Thats all theory though...
By goldenhawk
Doctor Venkman wrote:I recall seeing plenty of movie-related toys go on sale before the movie, simply because stores get so much stock so early now a days.
There is a big difference with having something on sale. Sales come and go. But that reboot stuff at Target is on clearance. Clearance to get rid of it and make room for something else.
By goldenhawk
B-Rad wrote:For now I bet it's mostly been collectors, fans, and scalpers that have picked it up the merch. Kids probably aren't interested yet since they haven't seen the movie and have no idea what it is. Thats all theory though...
Or it could be as simple as action figures of the women busters stuck in the aisles of action figures for boys. And the boys don't want to buy any of it. That includes the stove top Feig pack that is on sale for $20.00.

BTW, the prices have all dropped on Amazon now too.
By Kingpin
goldenhawk wrote:Or it could be as simple as action figures of the women busters stuck in the aisles of action figures for boys.
Or a partial reflection that toys are too expensive these days.
By goldenhawk
Kingpin wrote: Or a partial reflection that toys are too expensive these days.
Perhaps. But the Star War action figures at that price point or higher sell.
By Doctor Venkman
goldenhawk wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:I recall seeing plenty of movie-related toys go on sale before the movie, simply because stores get so much stock so early now a days.
There is a big difference with having something on sale. Sales come and go. But that reboot stuff at Target is on clearance. Clearance to get rid of it and make room for something else.
I was just responding to your original post. You didn't say clearance there.
goldenhawk wrote:Never heard of the toys going on sale BEFORE a movie is released.
By Kingpin
goldenhawk wrote:Perhaps. But the Star War action figures at that price point or higher sell.
True, but that's Star Wars merchandise, a bigger pool of people willing to buy them, and maybe willing to spend a bit more to buy them.
By christphern
Keep in mind that the Star Wars collector market, as with the Marvel collector market, is significantly higher than the GB one. Especially when you're talking unfamiliar characters. I imagine sales will pick up once the movie comes out, but I don't suspect that it will see much of an uptick with parents for their kids, considering the cost. I mean, for $10 more than a figure, you can get your kids a role play Proton Pack. I know which I'd have rather had as a kid, and I can likewise imagine which parents would deem the better deal.
By YHSCraig
I think the Target clearance can be chalked up to poor planning from a marketing/merchandizing standpoint. Being as objective as possible here. The movie comes out July 15th, the toys started rolling into stores the first week of May. That's two and a half months before the film is out. The toys are marketed towards kids, but kids don't have a frame of reference for them yet, so therefore, they don't want them yet. It's not like there is a popular animated series that has been coming on every week for the last year. Once the movie hits, I suspect the toys will start moving a little better. $20 is still a high price point on the 6" figures too.
By Alex Newborn
Target ripped the clearance tags off the GB2016 merchandise and put it all back up to full price.

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on August 26th, 2018, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCRJr3 liked this
By Demon Vice Commander
Alex Newborn wrote:Target ripped the clearance tags off the GB2016 merchandise an put it all back up to full price.
Considering how amazing the film was, I think there will now be some definite demand for those figures. Glad I got mine on clearance last week. :)
Last edited by Demon Vice Commander on July 11th, 2016, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christphern liked this
By TonyM
Alex Newborn wrote:Target ripped the clearance tags off the GB2016 merchandise an put it all back up to full price.

Alex
I had the pleasure of working for Target as a manager-type for several years. Their pricing/markdown system is mostly automated, and would often flag newer, high stock items for markdown by mistake. I constantly had to ruin the pricing team's day by telling them to go back and undo HOURS worth of work because of a memo from the home office, which I'm sure is what happened here.
JCRJr3 liked this
By One time
Anyone else think that the "removable pack" classic Ghostbusters figures (packaged with BAF moogly, removable packs, all wearing black gloves, all with clear pant hoses) are a step down in quality (paint, sculpting, etc) over the original Matty Collector figures?

Or am I imagining things?
deadderek liked this
By Wiggyof9
I don't have them to compare, but usually figure molds wear down over time. Since they used the same head sculpts over and over as well as the same bodies over and over it makes sense that the later figures made would have a softer sculpt than the first run. Plus, Matty seemed allergic to making new molds so I would bet they didn't retool anything that was already done.
By petesapie
Took some matty collector uniforms/packs from extra Big lots scores from years ago and put them on these alternate 1/6 bodies with custom heads i purchased online. I think they look pretty cool and thought i'd share.

By Kingpin
She and Holtzy were the two hardest ones to track down. Have you considered giving Forbidden Planet a try? Alternately there's also Amazon or eBay.
By mbd
DarkSpectre wrote: May 14th, 2018, 7:39 am Found Yates and Gilbert at Ollie's over the weekend. Thought about grabbing a set for giveaways or something.

First prize wins the set....

Second prize wins 10 sets ...... hehe

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]