Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
So I was at WonderCon this past weekend and stumbled across a booth that claimed this Statue of Liberty prop was used during the filming of Ghostbusters 2. She got the prop from a gentlemen who had worked on several films back then and was looking to get rid of clutter he had accumulated over the course of his career. She was asking $2300 for the headpiece. Anyone know if this is legit? I still have the contact info for anyone interested in it.

First and foremost, I love the fact she posed the POTA figures around it.

The sculpt looks like the one from GB2, as far as I can tell.

As for how authentic any other claims are, your guess is as good as mine.

Alex
Ask Tim Lawrence, he's the ILM Creature Shop Supervisor for GB2 (and the man behind the Nunzio Scoleri costume)... He's a member of the forums (member name "SNARKLER") and frequents his own thread here... https://www.gbfans.com/community/viewto ... 37&t=39114

He was last online replying to his thread yesterday, so he should be able to get back to you...
She did say that the crown was removable if that means anything. But like you said, it is odd that there is a separate segment of her right eyebrow and hair. It would look cool next to a GB2 poster in a man cave. $2300 is pretty stiff though.
Last edited by ovwthrillseekr on April 10th, 2015, 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coincidentally or not last night's episode of Shipping Wars featured a supposedly screen used Statue Of Liberty 'bust' with crown, even had a 'figure' of Egon inside the crown. I hadn't heard about it after I watched the episode this morning.

I wrote a blog post at Ecto-Containment and took screen caps this afternoon.

http://ecto-containment.com/2015/04/23/ ... ping-wars/

Check it out if you're interested.
AJ Quick wrote:That particular prop was auctioned off in 2010 if I recall:
Profiles in History auctioned it in 2010, with an $8-12K estimate. It was HUGE, around 6'. It went unsold, but I'm pretty sure it showed up at Propstore or somewhere afterwards.

Here is one of similar scale to what OP saw that was auctioned off by GB2/ILM crew member Tim Lawrence last year.
Well, Tim Lawrence is a member on these forums, he can probably confirm this... goes by the name of SNARKLER...
ovwthrillseekr wrote:Thanks for sharing your blog and the screenshots! I would say that bust looks ten times more legit than the bust I saw at WonderCon. The toy Egon and the sheer size of it makes me think that it was screen used but who knows.
You're welcome. Yes, hopefully Tim Lawrence can confirm. Either way, the 'new' owner has a GB2 statue of Liberty worth $7,000 USD. :shock: Before it got broke by His and Her Shipping. :roll:
d_osborn wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:That particular prop was auctioned off in 2010 if I recall:
Profiles in History auctioned it in 2010, with an $8-12K estimate. It was HUGE, around 6'. It went unsold, but I'm pretty sure it showed up at Propstore or somewhere afterwards.

Here is one of similar scale to what OP saw that was auctioned off by GB2/ILM crew member Tim Lawrence last year.
I think that's the bust posted above, the wire visible in the crown looks to have the same kink in it.

It looks like the original darker head piece has been broken (leaving only the lump of the hair and neck).
Spengs mentioned that episode in this very thread two weeks ago.
Spengs wrote:Coincidentally or not last night's episode of Shipping Wars featured a supposedly screen used Statue Of Liberty 'bust' with crown, even had a 'figure' of Egon inside the crown. I hadn't heard about it after I watched the episode this morning.

I wrote a blog post at Ecto-Containment and took screen caps this afternoon.

http://ecto-containment.com/2015/04/23/ ... ping-wars/

Check it out if you're interested.
AN
    Proton Props UK

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update on […]

Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome