Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
I kept buying custom parts to augment my Lego Ghostbusters Ecto-1 set.

I got the arms-with-GB-logos. I got the ghost trap. The packs and meter and goggles.

I got the Destructor, Zooly, and Vince.

But still it wasn't enough.

I started prowling around-- first on eBay and then on BrickLink-- for existing Lego parts that could be combined into recognizable characters or moments from the films.

The parts I've ordered are trickling in. I don't quite have everything finished yet, but here's a little glimpse of what to expect.

Stay tuned!

Alex
Judhudson, YHSCraig, Jake LeRoy and 7 others liked this
Hah! Nice stuff! :)

A Ghostbusters.nuts issue I'd wanted to do but never got around to would've included a bunch of vignette scenes from a fake "Lego Ghostbusters" game (which would've covered both movies and the video game). Seeing these, you're kinda tempting me to resurrect that idea.
Alex Newborn liked this
"Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?"

"Okay, Ghostbusters. The mayor wants to see you guys. The whole island's goin' crazy. Let's go."

"I think you guys are making a big mistake..."

"Hey fellas! What about the packs? What about the packs?!"

"Boy, this equipment's heavy."

"Why are you bothering my little ones?"

Alex
Smeghead, Kingpin, ecto80 and 2 others liked this
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I love the janitor Vigo; nothing like super-obscure references for the most serious GB nerds. :)
OK, I'm going to have to bite: Vigo as a janitor? What am I missing here?
Alex Newborn liked this
New Lego parts continue to trickle in...

The hair-with-bun piece is not available molded in white, so I bought this black one for cheap from a seller I was already ordering with. My plan was to spray-paint it either silver or white (digital mockup on right) but now I'm kind of fond of the way it looks in black (unretouched, left).

I know, it's a violin case, not a cello case, but I figured it was too nifty not to use.

Trying to make Terror Dogs a brick at a time. Still needs some work.

I may paint the baby torso in a more Oscar paint scheme.

Still awaiting some parts for these guys, but even with some temporary substitutes, looks pretty promising.

Alex
Smeghead, Kingpin, Peter Venkman Jr. and 2 others liked this
Glad you liked them. Some additional parts arrived for the blowers, so here is the new and improved design.

Here's a breakdown of the parts used, per slimeblower. If you want to make 2, double the amounts shown here. The black 'wand' is what holds all of the blower gun parts together internally.

I used dark bluish gray for the tank, metallic silver for the gun, and black for the other parts, but you can easily change these details to suit your own aesthetics.

But the big news is what all else arrived in that same rather large parcel full of Lego's...

This was made by me eyeballing and best-guessing what bricks I would need. I'm currently tweaking the design with my newly downloaded Lego Digital Designer software. It's free and it's a blast.

I've already changed one detail between the Peck photo above and this 'tell him about the Twinkie' setup, which was taken second.

Although this version looks good, it suffers internally from a lack of interlocking along the vertical seams between red and tan colors. The 'pressure' from the S-flex of the black and gray hoses wants to push the central section downward and out.

Once I finalize the digital design, I will be ordering a few more bricks to make the entire wall a bit more solid. I also want to get lots more tan bricks to make more of the surrounding basement.

I've also got a different design for the red and green lights. The red parts are all in, but I'm still awaiting one replacement green from a transaction gone awry. The lights seen here are just placeholders for the time being.

Alex
Kingpin, ecto80, Smeghead and 2 others liked this
I did a little experiment in making my own stickers for the Lego pieces, with the CAUTION LASER AREA sign seen here.

The font isn't 100% perfect to the movie, but I found a fairly close online image and tweaked it so it would fit on the shape of the two 2 x 2 yellow tiles I'd bought for the vignette.

Once printed, I used a top layer of packing tape to add a little sheen to the paper, trimmed it to fit the bricks, and applied it.

I'm very encouraged by how it turned out. I've got a few other things I wanted to add graphics to... such as Janine's desktop nameplate, and the bows and things for her torso.

And I continue to teach myself how to use the LDD software. Here's the current progress on the firehouse basement.

Alex
Smeghead, Kingpin, Peter Venkman Jr. and 2 others liked this
A little love for GB2 today...

Slime scoop is made by combining two existing parts.

When I first posted a pic of Ray, Egon, and Winston in their yellow rain suits, my pal Zack Myers was quick to point out a detail I'd overlooked... Winston should not have a moustache in any GB2 scenes.

I quickly ordered this replacement head from eBay but the seller was in the UK so it just now arrived.

Been waiting like two weeks to use that boombox accessory for a pic!

Alex
Is it just me or does Winston look about 5 years younger in GB2 than he did in GB1?

These are all awesome Alex!

Have you seen these utility belts? http://www.brickforge.com/store/search. ... rch&page=1
Alex Newborn liked this
I think some came with the particle pack sets? The gear I didn't use are in a ziploc baggie somewhere.

I've wanted to make THIS since before there were Ghostbusters Lego's. These caution-striped 1 x 4 tiles came in some Lego set that I collected-- I wanna say Jurassic Park?-- many aeons ago.

I've moved at least once, possibly twice, since obtaining them and thinking, "it would be neat to make a ghost trap out of these!"

Here it is, at last.

Alex

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]